Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio - Show #2 - February 18, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I want to thank you all for all the kind words regarding my segment! I'm still working on post-production, and I want to be clear that it is MY FAULT ...
    Grizzpyre is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I want to thank you all for all the kind words regarding my segment! I'm still working on post-production, and I want to be clear that it is MY FAULT - not Lou's - that the music was a little overpowering at times. I think this week's submission will be better!

Please keep telling me if there are sound problems - there's a learning curve here - and I'm working on it! But hey - I do it for you guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

There are MORE VOICES coming soon - in many more ways than one!

And hey - any voices you've wondered about? Favorite characters you want to know about the voice behind? Just ask! I'll find it!

Jonathan
    Co-Host of the All About the Mouse Podcast
    "The Voice of WDW Radio"
    "The Voice of Shandy"
    "The Voice of MouseTunes"

visit http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com for info on my weight loss goals - and my charitable contributions to the Dream Team

visit http://www.allaboutthemouse.com

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    I FINALLY got the chance to tune into the new show and I think it's fantastic. Very informative like always!! Jonathan, I loved the intro this week and your segment was fantastic! I knew Paul Frees did a lot of voices in the parks, but it was cool to hear exactly which ones! Great job, keep it up! Loved the "Best of the Best" segment as well. I can't say enough good things about it lol, can't wait to hear more! I'll be calling in soon, I'm trying to come up with something a little more witty then the normal "Jackie O. Wants to Know," but I can't deny there are still so many things I do want to know and learn! Can't wait for the next show!
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

lenshanem is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show Lou. I'm sure it is gonna be a hit! I really love the rumors!

About Disney going out into other areas besides the DL and WDW area... I wonder whatever happened to the Myrtle Beach rumor? Back last August I did some casual afternoon snooping and posted this on another site -

Looks like Disney has teamed up with the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce on a training seminar! Kinda weird that I saw this when I searched for info about their pavilion closing...

mbchamber.com/chamber

The first 120 members to register will receive a FREE Scholarship!
    Discover the Walt Disney World approach to business
    One of the most popular training sessions in the world, Team Creativity, Disney Style, will be offered Sept. 22 through sponsorship of the Horry-Georgetown Technical College and your Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce. The chamber is offering a free scholarship (valued at $399) to the first 120 members to register. Registration is required. Registration deadline: Sept. 8.

And I go further -

burroughschapin.com/charity/future.php

Burroughs & Chapin Company is also partnering with the Horry County School District, Horry-Georgetown Technical College, Coastal Carolina University and others to help implement the Early College High School concept in Horry County.

If I read correctly Burroughs & Chapin Company owns the Pavilion. And Horry-Georgetown Technical College is in on the Disney training session.

AND...

myrtlebeachonline.com/mld...m/14081619.htm

But change is necessary to keep a destination viable, said Gary Loftus, a former hotelier who now is director of Coastal Carolina University's Center for Economic Development. Think about Disney World in Florida, he said, and all the new rides and changes it has gone through.

"It is just part of the evolving market," Loftus said. "We are just doing it a little less subtly than Disney does it, and it is happening all at once. It's just what happens. It's called 'evolution.' Every 20 years or 30 years, it churns."

They are using Disney as an example as to the future of that land...
    Shan

"Disneyland is like Alice stepping through the Looking Glass; to step through the portals of Disneyland will be like entering another world" - Walt Disney

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'd like to throw my agreement into the ring, as I echo the compliments everyone else has given. This was a great show, a worthy successor to MouseTunes. I was very pleased to see the length of the show was still approaching the hour mark - I was afraid that without the babbling, everything might be condensed into a WDWToday-length episode.

Jonathan's segment was great, and I'm looking forward to more of his work. I think it's fascinating to think about the actual men and women who made the magic come alive back in the beginning.

My one suggestion (NOT a complaint, criticism, or critique) would be for Lou to keep a bottle of water handy - with no one to interrupt him every couple minutes, he started to sound hoarse every once in a while. :-)

I'm always impressed with folks who can effectively carry on a monologue for any length of time, especially when you can't see the people you're speaking to. I'm very pleased to hear just how well Lou does this admirable task.

Anxiously awaiting the next installment,
    Paul Lalli

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by lenshanem View Post
    Great show Lou. I'm sure it is gonna be a hit! I really love the rumors!

About Disney going out into other areas besides the DL and WDW area... I wonder whatever happened to the Myrtle Beach rumor? Back last August I did some casual afternoon snooping and posted this on another site -

Looks like Disney has teamed up with the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce on a training seminar! Kinda weird that I saw this when I searched for info about their pavilion closing...
    I don't think this is especially surprising, or should be seen as a rumor for the Walt Disney Company itself having anything to do with redeveloping Myrtle Beach. One hand of the company is The Disney Institute, which exists for the (now-) sole purpose of training other businesses on how to serve their clients and customers "the Disney way". The Chamber of Commerce is probably only one of many many organizations that has taken a training seminar with Disney. (Didn't we hear something last year about the FAA doing something similar for their airports?)

http://www.disneyinstitute.com

Paul Lalli

lenshanem is offline A-Ticket holder
    I searched back then cause I was curious about rumors of Disney going to Myrtle Beach and their famous pavilion closing up. (I guess this was sorta a mini amusement park type place?) I just thought it odd that the name Disney kept coming up throughout my search in regard to the pavilion there.
    Shan

"Disneyland is like Alice stepping through the Looking Glass; to step through the portals of Disneyland will be like entering another world" - Walt Disney

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I was listening to the new podcast while I sat in the waiting area to do my cars tags. It was a great show. GO grizz!!!!!Great job Lou!!!!
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

skooby is offline A-Ticket holder
    I know that I am a little behind the times in having just listened to the show but please accept my belated congratulations. The show was great !! I loved all of the content and can't wait to use my newly acquired Disney knowledge to "WOW" my family this may when we make our first ever family visit. Thanks to everyone involved for making everything about this website the only place I ever need to visit for my Disney fix.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just got done listening to the show gotta say i loved it. I can't wait for next weeks episode

VistaWay93 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great job on the first full length show. Some of my favorite segments from the old show were carried over and some great new ones were added. I especially liked Jonathan's new segment on Disney voices. I am a trivia/history nut myself and thought that the Disney Voices portion of the show was excellent.

Can't wait for next week!

lolmc is offline A-Ticket holder
    Liked the show and it contained an explanation to something that had been driving me mad for years - namely the Copperfield posters that I had seen in the late '90s. I had seen them all over the MGM park area and especially on the hoardings surrounding the Fantasmic construction. Then I had a few years when I didn't go and was thinking I was dreaming when in 2005 I went to the Studios and there was nothing related to it in the park - I thought I had been hallucinating but your segment on it was interesting and explained why I hadn't seen anything.

jadezuki is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I really liked the show! I like the FM-radio intro, and I thought the whole show flowed really nicely. I've already recommended the show to a few people I know!

I have a quick question, to whomever it may concern: is ALL of Spaceship Earth down for rehab, or just the area surrounding the base? I'm going to WDW in a few days and I hope I can ride SSE.

UKCatinGA is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great first show. Loved the segments. Keep up the good work!

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

Possible future segments...

Some history of the parks would be great -- perhaps either a "this week in WDW history" or just a running history starting with Walt developing Disneyland. You have a good history already on this site - it shouldn't be too hard to convert to a segment.

Just a thought.

On a side note -- will you be doing any advance coverage of Star Wars Weekends in June? I am there for the 2nd and 3rd weekends (my first time there) and would love some tips and tricks.

Great show.

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    It's interesting hearing about the possible niche-resorts. Especially hearing Lou mention the North NJ location that had fallen into disrepair. I can remember Disney coming in to Broadway with their first theater show (BatB); they really had to clean up the street the theater was on and really helped revitalize part of that area.

Great show! Looking forward to more.
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast