Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show - Show 3 - February 25, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; It wasn't posted allready, so I thought I'd post it. Your Walt Disney World Information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. On this week's show, we talk about this year's "Magic ...
    Spaced Out Dude is offline B-Ticket Holder

WDW Radio Show - Show 3 - February 25, 2007

It wasn't posted allready, so I thought I'd post it.

Your Walt Disney World Information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. On this week's show, we talk about this year's "Magic Meets" event in Harrisburg, PA with founder Fred Block, who also joins Lou in the News and Views from WDW segment as well as his visit to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill. Topics include Little Ones Travel Time, WDW Resort upgrades, Disney weddings, Epcot, Disney's Animal Kingdom at night, the Haunted Mansion and more. Another expert offers her opinion as we discuss the new ships slated for the Disney Cruise Line. Jeff Pepper joins the fun as he and Lou do a "Disney Scene Investigation" of a favorite dining location filled with "hidden treasures" and wonderful details. Thanks for tuning in! View this week's show notes.
    Seems like a great show as always Lou!
    Aly & AJ's Insomniatic- Now Available at all stores & Amazon.com!!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Thanks for posting the link, SoD!

I want to also thank Fred, Jeff and Pam for their time and contributions, and hope you all enjoy the show!!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Majestic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Woot! Lots of fun! Thanks for having me.
    Fred Block
    MagicMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

http://www.magicmeets.com

jeffcot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'd like to add my thanks to Lou also for having me on the show! It was a great time!
    Jeff Pepper
    Author of 2719 Hyperion
    Disney World Trivia.com and WDW Radio Show Contributor

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show this week lou. I can't wait for the next show.

McDisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Jim Bowie

The shows just seem to get better and better!

I emailed this to Lou, but I thought I'd post it here for anyone that wanted to know. The hand Jim Bowie in Jim Bowie's case, the 4 Kings and a 10, was supposedly a hand that he was holding when he called out a man cheating at poker. I have an article with more information for anyone who is interested.

Spaced Out Dude is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou, or anyone else for that fact, do yous have pictures of the construction (and the walls) of Yakk & Yeti (however u spell it).
    Aly & AJ's Insomniatic- Now Available at all stores & Amazon.com!!!!

jswalker1981 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou, I loved the show. And I really love the Disney Scene Investigation segment. I loved the Muppets on Mousetunes, and I was looking forward to more of that segment, and I was very happy to see it re-appear on WDW Radio. And not to mention that you picked Pecos Bill. That is 2 for 2 in my book, as I also enjoy the burgers at Pecos Bill's, and I won't have one anywhere else on property. Can't wait till my next trip to Pecos Bill's to check out all the details.

And the longer the show, the better!
    Last edited by jswalker1981; 02-26-2007 at 09:45 PM.
    The Butabi brothers from Night at the Roxbury:

Doug Butabi: So anyways, I was standing there waiting to use the pay phone.
    Steve Butabi: Yeah, he was, seriously.
    Doug Butabi: And this guy who was on the phone, turns around and tips his hat like this.
    Steve Butabi: And who do you think that guy was?
    Doug Butabi: Lou Mongello.
    Steve Butabi: The Disney World Trivia man, I swear to God, I was there.
    Doug Butabi: Of course you were, you were the one who yelled the Podcaster's name.
    Steve Butabi: I was like, "LOU!!!"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I'll try and get some Yak & Yeti shots when I go down this weekend
    Lou Mongello

Bigbear1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Again the show was great. The longer the better for me I travel alot love to hear your show when on the plane or waiting at airport.
    Greeting from Singapore

bnac is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Lou, I think the widowmaker you couldnt think of was "K-19: the widowmaker". it was the submarine movie
    -Brian

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Lou, this is perhaps the best podcast on the internet, and I really mean that. I can't believe how you've blown our expectations away. For me, I am interested in a well produced show with news, but especially rumors and details...those are the things that have always psyched me up about WDW. I really must commend you. You had a good podcast before with what's-his-name But you now have the best one available...after 2 shows. Please, please, please...no surprise cancellations on this one!!

As far as this particular show is concerned, Jeff was just terrific. Great information and a real love for the subject came through in both of you. And also, kudos to Mr. Block. He picked up the topics seemlessly and really offered a nice perspective.

So, I hope I never hear the words "this is going long" or "I'll try to keep the show shorter" ever again. WDW Radio can be 3 hours long, and if it is like this show, still not long enough.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    Fantastic job Lou! Loved hearing all the guests on the show. I can't wait to see what is in store for the next fleet of disney ships and I'm exciting about this new Yak & Yeti restaurant.. although the name really isn't something I am too fond of! Have fun in this weekend, it's a possibility I may be there on Sunday, not positive yet. Keep up the fantastic work.
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

Thank you everyone for your comments and feedback! (and making the light bulb above my head go off about the Widowmaker movie)

Taking the time to let me know what you think (especially when it's so nice! LOL) mean a great deal to me.

And Jackie, if you are around in WDW this weekend and want to say hi, take a ride, etc, let me know.
    Lou Mongello

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I haven't finished listening to all the show yet (darn commute isn't quite long enough) but what I've heard so far is awesome! I LOVE the idea of the torch light night parade at AK, I would absolutely stay later at the park for a parade like that. Keep up the great work Lou!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast