Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show - Show 5 - March 11, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #5 for the ...
    Spaced Out Dude is offline B-Ticket Holder

WDW Radio Show - Show 5 - March 11, 2007

Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #5 for the week of March 11, 2007. This week Im back from WDW with a special treat an exclusive interview with Disney Legend, author and recipient of his own window on Main Street, USA, Charles Ridgway. I will also have News & Views from WDW and a visit to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill which includes Pirates & Princesses, the Haunted Mansion and more. For these segments, I welcome my special guest Cara Goldsbury, author of the Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World to discuss some recent announcements from the Disney company that will forever change the landscape of the resort. Mike Scopa joins me as we answer another question about a Best of the Best at Walt Disney World in this somewhat extended show. View this week's show notes.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call our voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums at DisneyWorldTrivia.com.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Aly & AJ's Insomniatic- Now Available at all stores & Amazon.com!!!!

lenshanem is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh man, Lou! What a teaser for next week regarding the Contemporary!

Did you already post the pics that you took or is that for next week's podcast? I couldn't find a link...

Anyway, enjoyed listening to your show this afternoon while out walking. It was a beautiful day and made me want to hop in the car and drive down to WDW!
    Shan

"Disneyland is like Alice stepping through the Looking Glass; to step through the portals of Disneyland will be like entering another world" - Walt Disney

Bahimiron is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou, I love the show, but you need to work on compression. 100 mb for 100 minutes is a bit over the top for a podcast. Especially when guys like 1up put out podcasts that can get up to three hours long for only 70 mb.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thanks for posting the description and links for me, as well as for the compliments.

I'll likely post the Contemporary pics in next week's show notes.

With regard to the show size, I encoded the show at 128k for sound quality purposes, but will likely take that down a bit to more like 96. The show you are referring to is much smaller becuase the bit rate is only 64k and the show is in mono and not stereo. Also, the fact that I have stereo music in the show and behind many of the segments adds to the file size as well. If I were to go to those specs, you would lose a great deal of quality, however, I will alter some settings for next week's show to lower the file size. Thanks for the feedback!

P.S. Speaking of the background music - what do you think? Like it/Don't like it? Need it/don't need it?
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 03-12-2007 at 02:14 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

lenshanem is offline A-Ticket holder
    I like background music, especially Disney music!

I love hearing about Contemporary rumors, I'm hoping it is definitely a DVC cause DH and I want to add on there!

If we can walk to our fav place, we'd be in heaven! I'll be waiting for next week's podcast.

Thanks Lou for all your hard work!
    Shan

"Disneyland is like Alice stepping through the Looking Glass; to step through the portals of Disneyland will be like entering another world" - Walt Disney

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou,

Another great show. I've loved the interview with Mr. Ridgway. Looks like I'll be going to Amazon this week to order the book!

Also, my vote is the keep the background music. I know it takes more time to mix down the show but overall it adds so much. Just a thought.

And as far as the show length...you could do a 4 hour show and keep it interesting and flowing, so it really doesn't matter to me.

Now...get some rest!!!!
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

wdwowner is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou, this was a great show, I could have listen to your interview for another couple hours.

I do have some reservations about the 4 Seasons Resort. I hope people who stay there don't 'special' treatment, like full Fast Passes for everything. Everyone in the parks should be treated the same, from the high rollers to the family of 5 who have saved for years for their one WDW trip of a life time.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to every new show!
    Last edited by wdwowner; 03-13-2007 at 03:01 PM.

MikeS is offline A-Ticket holder
    Best Disney podcast I've heard so far this year.
    Mike

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Keep the background music. You might want to tighten up audio breaks between segments, this would help keep the flow going. If you want to have some length between segments, then I suggest bringing the nats and/or bkg music bed up full during these breaks. Sometimes the level is low and it sounds like something is wrong, even when the show is going fine. This is NOT a criticism. I am being VERY picky. This show already is a very high quality production.

You were right about the Haunted Mansion, the closing is now listed on the WDW Web site under operational updates for the MK (which bums me out because I will be down there 2 days after it closes )

The interview with Mr. Ridgway was fantastic. Talk about getting the inside scoop! Let's hope we hear from more Disney Legends in the future!

For those of us returning to WDW after a looonnnnngggg time (more than 20 years!) how about some must-sees and some tips and tricks for new (and long returning) guests.

Keep up the great work on the show! MikeS is right - the best Disney podcast out there!

And I'm with djrmusic -- it could be hours long and I would stay tuned!
    Last edited by clion; 03-12-2007 at 10:24 PM.

jswalker1981 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Best Disney podcast I've heard so far this year.
    Oh, now I can't wait for Len to hear that, Mike. Next time I listen to WDW Today I'll hear, "Oh lou, lou so great, oh lou!"

Great show, Lou! And it is always great to hear from you too, Scopa.

Just a little FYI for ya, Scopa. I went to Le Cellier on friday for the first time. I had the cheese soup and filet mignon. It was excellent. I called on thursday and got a 1:50 reservation for the next day.
    The Butabi brothers from Night at the Roxbury:

Doug Butabi: So anyways, I was standing there waiting to use the pay phone.
    Steve Butabi: Yeah, he was, seriously.
    Doug Butabi: And this guy who was on the phone, turns around and tips his hat like this.
    Steve Butabi: And who do you think that guy was?
    Doug Butabi: Lou Mongello.
    Steve Butabi: The Disney World Trivia man, I swear to God, I was there.
    Doug Butabi: Of course you were, you were the one who yelled the Podcaster's name.
    Steve Butabi: I was like, "LOU!!!"

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    Every show gets better and better! This weeks show was fantastic, from the discussions with Cara and Mike to the interview with Charles Ridgeway (I am getting the book ASAP). This episode was chock full of so much disney goodness I could barely contain myself! The background music is fantastic, keep it! You are doing an amazing job, Lou. Wish I could've made it to the parks last weekend, but there's always next time Cannot wait for next weeks episode!
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

ajcinbrla is offline A-Ticket holder
    I like the new show. Very positive. I agree with your assessment of Four Seasons expansion. I'm also curious to determine what effect the Four Seasons will have on the existing "Deluxe Resorts" or if the existing "Deluxe Resorts" will continue to rest on their laurels, i.e. their location. It will also be intersting to find what exactly the price difference is between the two.

I was screaming at my iPod when Mr. Scopa indicated that October was the best month to visit. I currently have a mid-October trip to take my 3-year old to the Halloween Party and my wife to Food & Wine. I'm interested to hear your recent trip report with your daughter. This will be daughter's third trip and will be interested to see what she remembers. She really surprised me how much she remembered from her first trip to her second trip. (Jessica from Magic For Less Travel assisted my planning - talk about prompt, polite and precise! I highly recommend it.)

I ordered Mr. Ridgway's book after hearing it referenced by Mr. Scopa in the WDW Today Live show broadcast. Therefore, I was really glad to hear his interview. He seemed pretty sharp. I also enjoyed how nonchalant he was about referncing his life experiences as merely "dinner conversations." Like having dinner with the people he was having dinner with was just standard for normal people.

I like the background music. However, there was a slight echo effect during the very beginning and at other intervals where you could hear an echo.

A suggestion is to perhaps put out 2 versions - 1 with none of the extra production and 1 with. Ricky Brigante calls it enhanced and not-enhanced.

Sorry for the first long (and lame) post. I hope to be able to post more often.

Cheers, ajc
    Last edited by ajcinbrla; 03-13-2007 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Add salutation

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    You know, I think Mr. Scopa is right about October.. after thinking about it, there is so much to do and the crowds/weather are bearable. But then again, for me anytime is a good time to go to Disney World (ehh, alright so maybe not the middle of the summer, but its always fun!)
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

MikeS is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jswalker1981 View Post
    Oh, now I can't wait for Len to hear that, Mike. Next time I listen to WDW Today I'll hear, "Oh lou, lou so great, oh lou!"

Great show, Lou! And it is always great to hear from you too, Scopa.

Just a little FYI for ya, Scopa. I went to Le Cellier on friday for the first time. I had the cheese soup and filet mignon. It was excellent. I called on thursday and got a 1:50 reservation for the next day.
    Le Cellier is the toughest restaurant to get an ADR because the dining room is so small. You really have to look towards odd times to eat.

Don'tcha also love the crispy sweet potato flakes in the salad?

I think I ate there five or six times last year.
    Mike

jswalker1981 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Le Cellier is the toughest restaurant to get an ADR because the dining room is so small. You really have to look towards odd times to eat.

Don'tcha also love the crispy sweet potato flakes in the salad?

I think I ate there five or six times last year.
    Be honest, Mike. You mean five or six times last MONTH!

Also, great WDW Today show. I love the humor between all of you guys. You're in for a good laugh if Matt ever gets to reading my email to you guys. But it is great to hear you on WDW Radio show. The previous show is my favorite. I keep listening to your interview to keep me motivated to train for the half marathon.
    The Butabi brothers from Night at the Roxbury:

Doug Butabi: So anyways, I was standing there waiting to use the pay phone.
    Steve Butabi: Yeah, he was, seriously.
    Doug Butabi: And this guy who was on the phone, turns around and tips his hat like this.
    Steve Butabi: And who do you think that guy was?
    Doug Butabi: Lou Mongello.
    Steve Butabi: The Disney World Trivia man, I swear to God, I was there.
    Doug Butabi: Of course you were, you were the one who yelled the Podcaster's name.
    Steve Butabi: I was like, "LOU!!!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast