Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW RADIO SHOW #6 - March 18th, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Lou: The sound quality was great. There was no buzzing/feedback during this show. You nailed it on the head, when you said that there is an abudance of Stitch, since ...
    ajcinbrla is offline A-Ticket holder

Show #6

Lou:

The sound quality was great. There was no buzzing/feedback during this show.

You nailed it on the head, when you said that there is an abudance of Stitch, since he translates so well compared to characters from other movies around the time. This is the exact same reason why there are so many Pixar references and Pixar themed attractions now. What other recent characters would be better? With a 3-year old, we have most of the recent movies and the only ones that she consistently remembers and prefers are the Pixar movies. (This certainly doesn't forgive placing Monsters in Tomorrowland and having 2 Nemo attractions open almost simultaneoulsy, but it's not like there are other clear alternatives from more recent movies.)

I can take or leave the length, since my commute is one hour each way.

This episode was very well put together. The rhythmn with Jonathan and Jeff will come, but I find that they compliment you very well. Jeff certainly is very informed and Jonathan offers well-thought opinions.

I don't recall as much background music?

I'm still waiting for the trip report.....

As an aside, exactly how long does it take you to put together an episode? Does the length of the episode increase the prep time or is it based on the number of segments?

Cheers.

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon
    Great Show Lou! The long length is fine. Absolutly love the Disney Scene Investigation and Seven Wonders segments. Keep it up!

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The length she be whatever you want. If you have a enough to make an interesting and flowing 4 hour show, by all means do it. The longer the better, because it means more interesting stuff.

I also love the way you are bringing guests into the show. It really makes it move wonderfully.

I have a hard time accepting AA's as a wonder of WDW. They were developed and used long before WDW ever existed, and are not at all unique to it.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by dbm20th View Post
    I have a hard time accepting AA's as a wonder of WDW. They were developed and used long before WDW ever existed, and are not at all unique to it.
    What would Disney World be without AA's? True they are not unique to Disney World but they are the basis to Disney theme parks.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    pfffft......

AA=WDW.

nuff said.
    They call me "Nana"

Creambunni is offline It's a small world after all...
    Great Show again Lou!
    One hour or two, it's still graet in my book and keeping me listening.
    And you did a great job explaining AA's. It could have gone off in a very confusing jargon direction, yet you kept it at a level most people could understand.

Keep up the good work!
    "It's a small world after all..."

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think what separates AAs at WDW from other AAs is the quality and their use. AAs are essential to the 'magic' of the parks!! Where would we be without the AAs on Pirates or Presidents, etc.? WDW isn't WDW without them!!

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show lou.On the topic about the shows length i would rather have a longer show compared to a shorter one.

Quote Originally Posted by DRC2 View Post
    What would Disney World be without AA's? True they are not unique to Disney World but they are the basis to Disney theme parks.
    True enough, but that makes them a Wonder of Disneyland. Or a Wonder of Walt Disney himself. They were created and developed for another park, long before WDW existed. To me, that makes calling it a "wonder of WDW" a bit of a stretch. A "wonder" is something at least unique to WDW. I guess this is in how one defines "Wonder". To me, at has to conform to many standards, and this is one of them. It doesn't belittle AA's or their importance at WDW. But to me, they are no more a wonder for WDW than Mickey Mouse.

Mouse Extra

Quote Originally Posted by MissFlaversham View Post
    I think what separates AAs at WDW from other AAs is the quality and their use. AAs are essential to the 'magic' of the parks!! Where would we be without the AAs on Pirates or Presidents, etc.? WDW isn't WDW without them!!
    True, but it also wouldn't be WDW without many other things, like Mickey Mouse, Omnimover rides, and "Magic Kingdom park", the monorail, ferry boats, etc., etc. But those are also things that were only used at WDW and not specific for it.

Mouse Extra

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You do have a point about them not being original to WDW but I do think they are inseparable from the magic. Castles aren't original to WDW but what other place gives you "that feeling" when you look down a corridor onto the face of the castle. Just those feelings evoked by WDW are a wonder of their own.
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

minniem is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love the show length--the longer you talk, the longer I stay on my treadmill listening! (I do break it up over a few days)

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

It's not AA's by themselves that are the wonder

It's how Disney has taken AA technology to a whole new level -- that's the wonder. Look at the wicked witch or the yeti - these AA's are revolutionary.

That's what makes them a true wonder.

Lou, as far as I'm concerned -- make it 24 hours long! The quality keeps going up. I look forward to future shows about Star Wars Weekends. Any tips for autographs, seeing the parade, etc. would be great.

Also a question for the rumor mill. I heard last summer that one Disney official said Elizabeth Swan and Will Turner would be added to the POTC ride sometime this year. Have you heard if this is still the case? Pirates 3 is only about 2 months away - not much time to make changes to the POTC ride before premiere.

Speaking of Pirates 3 - have you heard of any plans for special events at WDW in connection with the release of the final film?
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Brian_WDW74 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    Speaking of Pirates 3 - have you heard of any plans for special events at WDW in connection with the release of the final film?
    WDW is having a Pirates of the Caribbean: Adventures on the 7 Seas Lagoon event May 22-25. While none of the stars from the films will be there, storyboard artist Jim Byrkit will be giving a couple of seminars. And everyone attending the event will be bussed to the AMC Theater at DTD on the evening of the 24th for a midnight showing of POTC 3. You can find out more about the event at http://www.register123.com/event/pro...ID=0x6505741c3

*Brian*

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_WDW74 View Post
    WDW is having a Pirates of the Caribbean: Adventures on the 7 Seas Lagoon event May 22-25. While none of the stars from the films will be there, storyboard artist Jim Byrkit will be giving a couple of seminars. And everyone attending the event will be bussed to the AMC Theater at DTD on the evening of the 24th for a midnight showing of POTC 3. You can find out more about the event at http://www.register123.com/event/pro...ID=0x6505741c3

*Brian*

I am going to be there...Should be a fantastic time

I can't wait for this...I am using my DVC points instead of paying out of pocket for the Contemporary!

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast