Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW RADIO SHOW #6 - March 18th, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Figured I'd pitch in here.... Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This ...
    Grizzpyre is offline B-Ticket Holder

WDW RADIO SHOW #6 - March 18th, 2007

Figured I'd pitch in here....

Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #6 for the week of March 18, 2007.

This week's show is chock full of fun segments that I think you'll enjoy, as well as some special guests, including the voice of WDWRadio, Jonathan Dichter for News & Views from WDW where we talk about some special events at WDW and we also visit the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, where we discuss some more rumored rehabs for a few classic WDW attractions. We'll briefly touch on our training for the 1/2 marathon, and Jonathan’s fundraising efforts for the DreamTeam Project. I promised you more trivia, and this week Jeff Pepper and I take a look at another aspect of the Walt Disney World That Never Was, as we do another Disney Scene Investigation about a long-lost Disney character and his ties to the theme parks, Roger Rabbit. Finally, I get to announce and discuss the second of the 7 Wonders of Walt Disney World, in a segment in which we'll have lots of history and trivia, as well as a discussion of the past, present and future of this true wonder. As always, I want this show to continue to be interactive, so I'll answer a few of your emails before we end the show. I'll end the show with some very exciting updates and information on the Trivia Cruise aboard the Disney Magic in November with me and Margaret "Tinker Bell" Kerry, including a couple of surprise announcements for those of you who may be considering joining us on board. So since we have a lot to cover, sit back, relax, and join me on this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show! View this week's show notes.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call our voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums at DisneyWorldTrivia.com.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Co-Host of the All About the Mouse Podcast
    "The Voice of WDW Radio"
    "The Voice of Shandy"
    "The Voice of MouseTunes"

visit http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com for info on my weight loss goals - and my charitable contributions to the Dream Team

visit http://www.allaboutthemouse.com

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    It's about time! I'm sitting here chewing my nails off! Can you fast forward this thing to the end? I promise to go back and listen to it all.
    They call me "Nana"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Man, you're quick!!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Over 2 hours long???? Wow! Better get listening!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I'm going to die before it gets to the end.
    They call me "Nana"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Yeah, let me know what you think about the length... i actually had to cut an entire segment out that I had recorded for this week's show - otherwise it was closer to 2:45!!! (insert YIKES smilie)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

jswalker1981 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    Yeah, let me know what you think about the length... i actually had to cut an entire segment out that I had recorded for this week's show - otherwise it was closer to 2:45!!! (insert YIKES smilie)
    I haven't listened to it yet, but I don't mind the length of the show! I sit in front of a computer for 40 hours a week, and podcasts are what keep me awake. So, if you want to extend the podcast to about 8-16 hours , I can fill in the rest of the time with other podcasts. I can't wait to listen to it tomorrow morning!
    The Butabi brothers from Night at the Roxbury:

Doug Butabi: So anyways, I was standing there waiting to use the pay phone.
    Steve Butabi: Yeah, he was, seriously.
    Doug Butabi: And this guy who was on the phone, turns around and tips his hat like this.
    Steve Butabi: And who do you think that guy was?
    Doug Butabi: Lou Mongello.
    Steve Butabi: The Disney World Trivia man, I swear to God, I was there.
    Doug Butabi: Of course you were, you were the one who yelled the Podcaster's name.
    Steve Butabi: I was like, "LOU!!!"

Spaced Out Dude is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I don't mind the long time Lou! It's great... More stuff to keep me occupied with.

I'm an 1hr & 4 minutes in! Great show so far! I enjoyed the thing with Jeff.
    Aly & AJ's Insomniatic- Now Available at all stores & Amazon.com!!!!

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder

Wink

I don't mind the length Lou. I'd rather have the show flow correctly and be entertaining than to have it seemed rushed or thrown together willy nilly. I know some weeks will be long and some short.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I don't mind the length! I loved this show! Awesome job, as always.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Since the WDW Radio Podcast only comes out once a week, 2 hour show is not a problem. Now that I have my new nano ipod, I can get back to where I left off should I hit the wrong button. There is so much information and trivia in these broadcasts, that 2 hours just flies by. Lou, the new program just keeps getting better and better. I have so much to research next month, and I'm really wishing I was going on the cruise.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

GoofTroop3 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Another fantastic show...

I agree, with that kind of quality the show can't be too long!

And for the record my DS (6) and I both love Stitch!

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder

Sheepish

Love the show and the length is great - the longer the better!! There is so much to learn and be entertained with!! The different segments keep getting better! And, boy do I feel sheepish (insert Genie here)!!! I thought the Wicked Witch WAS a real person!!!!

I seem to be a quiet minority here... I find the lengths rather, well, lengthy. I'm busy in all other aspects of life, and even when I'm sitting at the computer I'm usually working on medical records or business - which I learned is not podcast-tolerant environment. Don't get me wrong - quality is everything! And I'd rather have a 2hr 4min 41sec highly entertaining and informative show over a lesser one. I thought an hour was perfect - but then I live and die by the clock - and 1 hour is always easier for me to schedule than 2.

Oh well - since I am a runner, I guess my solution would be to get a fancy Nano or sumthin', then I could listen and learn along all those country miles. (I'll do the WDW Marathon or 1/2 someday - when I can get my schedule to cooperate... Next year I'll be there for a week long conference - a week AFTER the race weekend ).

limabeanmom2003 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The show is going great! I reallly enjoy listening. Two hours is great, as long as the quality of the show continues to be top notch, which it is.
    My 22nd Trip May 2007 Wilderness Lodge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast