Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss RE Disney Scene Investigation show #6 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I had e-mailed this to Lou, but he asked me if I could post this over here too. I really love Roger Rabbit, and that segment of this week's show ...
    BJWanlund is offline A-Ticket holder

RE Disney Scene Investigation show #6

I had e-mailed this to Lou, but he asked me if I could post this over here too. I really love Roger Rabbit, and that segment of this week's show got me thinking, big time.

Hey Lou!

I'd read Jeff Pepper's DSI on Roger Rabbit before this week's show, and I just wanted to let you know that it's great to hear the information in audio form.

As far as Disney getting Roger Rabbit back from Amblin Entertainment, since we don't have a Eisner-led Disney anymore, it's time for Bob Iger to prove to Mr. Spielberg that he is no Michael Eisner. I'd really like to see the Disney Studios getting the upgrade it never got, while dragging out the Roger Rabbit license, aggressively re-releasing the movie and short cartoons on Blu-Ray, and really work like dogs to bring Roger Rabbit back into the public consciousness, since Spielberg has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with the character. Take it off Spielberg's hands, and basically aggressively bring RR back. Disney truly should have done this with the Muppets, and the fact that they have not is a point of contention for Muppet fans everywhere.

I would like this to be read on next week's show, mainly because Disney truly needs to hear this.

What are y'all's thoughts on this? Just wondering.

BJ

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I'm a big Muppet fan too. I thought Disney already had Roger Rabbit because I remember at MGM, they had the warehouse set up from Roger Rabbit. Of course, that was in 1991.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon
    First Pecos Bill, now Roger Rabbit! Nothing like hitting 2 of my favorite characters! This is definitely one of the best pod cast segments out there!
    I loved when new Roger Rabbit shorts were released into theatres and seeing the concept art for the proposed RR attaction that was supposed to be added to MGM, really makes me feel Disney missed the boat with that one!

Brian_WDW74 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I really like Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin at Disneyland, and would have loved to have seen something similar in my "home" park, WDW. It's a shame that Disney's current involvement with the franchise seems to be limited to releasing an endless supply of Jessica Rabbit limited edition pins and figurines.

*Brian*

BJWanlund is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_WDW74 View Post
    I really like Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin at Disneyland, and would have loved to have seen something similar in my "home" park, WDW. It's a shame that Disney's current involvement with the franchise seems to be limited to releasing an endless supply of Jessica Rabbit limited edition pins and figurines.

*Brian*
    Agreed, my friend.

BJ