Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Show #7 - March 25, 2007. in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your WDW Information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #7 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Show #7 - March 25, 2007.

Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your WDW Information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #7 for the week of March 25, 2007.

This week, Lou is joined by Shontell Crawford, former Cast Member and owner of DVCbyResale.com, where they talk about the new DVC suites at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, answer some frequently asked questions about the DVC in general, and how the new announcement affects DVC resales. She also offers some “insider” information about the rumored DVC resort at the Contemporary and future DVC properties! Cara Goldsbury also chimes in on her opinions of this new property, having been able to visit models of what the new suites will look like. Jonathan Dichter provides another great Voices Behind the Magic segment, and Lou features another Best of the Best at Walt Disney World with Shontell. Stay tuned for the first "Where in the World Have You Heard This?" contest, which should be a lot of fun, and where you can possibly win some great Disney prizes! So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show! ! View this week's show notes.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I can't wait to listen! I'm saving it for the drive down to WDW on Thursday!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslydw View Post
    I can't wait to listen! I'm saving it for the drive down to WDW on Thursday!
    i hear u there! i am saving mine for the plane ride on tuesday!
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Oh, I can't wait to listen to this one tonight Especially since Lou will have on Shontelle, I am so looking forward to hearing about AKL DVC!

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

lenshanem is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think this simile sums up how I feel about Shontell's insider info on DVC at the Contemporary. Excuse me, while I go cry for a few hours...

Someone give me a Mickey Bar please to cheer me up.

I'm just gonna pray this is an attempt by DVC to push AKV. I will try to believe the drawings and permit are a reality. Hope, babe, hope.
    Shan

"Disneyland is like Alice stepping through the Looking Glass; to step through the portals of Disneyland will be like entering another world" - Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Because I'm not a candidate for DVC, I didn't find this weeks podcast as interesting, but Shontell did sound knowledgeable and willing to help buyers find something in DVC that would suite them.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Quote Originally Posted by lenshanem View Post
    I think this simile sums up how I feel about Shontell's insider info on DVC at the Contemporary. Excuse me, while I go cry for a few hours...

Someone give me a Mickey Bar please to cheer me up.

I'm just gonna pray this is an attempt by DVC to push AKV. I will try to believe the drawings and permit are a reality. Hope, babe, hope.
    I'm crossing my fingers for you, Shan! I know how important CR Villas would be to you!

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Great Show as always Lou! And I LOVE the Voices Behind the Magic segment! Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

lenshanem is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers for you, Shan! I know how important CR Villas would be to you!
    Thank you athenna!
    Shan

"Disneyland is like Alice stepping through the Looking Glass; to step through the portals of Disneyland will be like entering another world" - Walt Disney

limabeanmom2003 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am not interested in DVC, so this episode wasn't one I enjoyed (except the rumor that contemporary tower will not be dvc). I did like the contest though! I actually fast forwarded through most of the DVC portion, which left not much else to listen to Lou, I would love to hear more best of the best segments on restaurants and attractions at the parks!
    My 22nd Trip May 2007 Wilderness Lodge

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was sort of 50-50 on the rumor about the new Contemporary tower not being DVC. While this was probably the one catalyst that could get me to buy into DVC, I'm also sort of happy that maybe I can stay in the new tower without having to buy DVC.

I have a feeling I may know where the next upcoming DVC project might be. I hope you don't mind me speculating that it's possibly the Grand Californian. A lot of Disneylanders are hoping for that. There was an article in last week's LA Times about all the upcoming changes to DL with the possibility of a third park. Wouldn't that be something!!

Also, Lou, thanks for the update on the Free Dining offer that is coming up this August. They seemed to have shortened the duration, but I'm sure I can squeeze a trip in there somewhere to take advantage of that!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Grizzpyre is offline B-Ticket Holder
    As always, a great show Lou!

Even though I'm not a DVC owner - someday I hope to be (hey - I'm only 28 gimme time!) - and love hearing from Shontell.

And hey - thanks Minne regarding your comments for Voices. I'm enjoying producing them - and will keep doing so until someone tells me to shut my big yap!

hehehhee

Jonathan
    Co-Host of the All About the Mouse Podcast
    "The Voice of WDW Radio"
    "The Voice of Shandy"
    "The Voice of MouseTunes"

visit http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com for info on my weight loss goals - and my charitable contributions to the Dream Team

visit http://www.allaboutthemouse.com

danheaton is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I agree that the focus on the DVC lessened my excitement for this episode. It is a significant part of Walt Disney World and I understand why it's being covered, but it doesn't do much for me. Having Shontell on the podcast leans closer to feeling like a commercial for DVC by Resale than I'd like.

However, I understand that many listeners do participate in the DVC, so it probably did help them. I did skip the interview, though. The news, Jack Wagner segment, and contest were all great features. As long as Lou keeps babbling about the attractions, I'll keep listening!

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have to admit that I wasn't crazy about the length of the DVC segment but I did like learning about this option. Since I don't belong to DVC, I don't know that much about it, maybe someday.......... Keep those 'voices behind the magic' segments coming!! Love it!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon
    Great show Lou! The interview with Shontell was informative and I'll have to check the DVCbyResale out (since when we checked out DVC in 2000 and couldn't swing it at the time). Jonathan's voices segment was great as always.

Keep up the great work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast