Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show - #8 - April 1, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your WDW information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #8 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show - #8 - April 1, 2007

Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your WDW information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #8 for the week of April 1, 2007.

This week's show has a little something for everybody - Disney News and Views from Walt Disney World, as well as some vacation planning information about Walt Disney World dining and discounts as Lou welcomes Pam Forrester from The Magic For Less Travel. They discuss the Disney Dining Plan, the Disney Dining Experience Card, and recent rumors of free dining returning in 2007. For those of you interested in WDW trivia and history, Lou and Jeff Pepper take an in-depth look at Disney’s 3D films through history, in the theme parks, as well as the future of where 3D/4D may be heading. Lou and Jeff also answer your emails and voicemails, including Walt Disney World-related console video games, a "secret spot" at the Disney-MGM Studios, the past and future of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and more! So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show! View this week's show notes.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

GoofTroop3 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Great Show!

I really enjoyed this week's show. The April Fool's joke at the beggining was really good.

I had just seen Meet the Robinsons so the segment with Jeff Pepper on 3D was very timely and informative. I always learn so much from your shows.

Thanks again for a great show!!

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder

Spots with Jeff are great

Hi Lou,
    I couldn't sleep last night after the Mets game so I listened to whole show. I'm one of those who visit WDW every year but never really understood the Dining Plan, so thanks. Also, the segments with Jeff P. are very informative. Great look back at Disney's 3-D's.!!!! (I also enjoyed a few shows ago, Jeff's piece about Pecos Bill's. Who knew all that was going on around that fixin's bar?).

Dave in Paramus

crcormier is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey Lou, another great show. (By the way, thanks for brining back the Where in the World contest last week, I'm still working on 'em!)

Really enjoyed the discussion of the history of Disney and 3D, but I have two comments. One is a correction, you credited Jon Cryer with being the voice of Flik in "It's Tough To Be A Bug"; this is not the case. According to IMDB, the voice of Flik in the 3D film is the same as in the feature, done by Dave Foley of "Kids in the Hall" and "News Radio". (Though Cryer did do a voice for the Winged Wolves in an episode of Disney's Hercules series, so hey, he at least does have a Disney voice to his credit. )

Second comment is about Captain EO, you mentioned that the Supreme Leader looks like the Borg Queen from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Well you are right on. According to Wikipedia, the Borg Queen design was influenced by the design of the Supreme Leader in Captain EO.

Have a great week, and as long as you keep doing great shows, I'll keep listening!
    Last edited by crcormier; 04-02-2007 at 02:42 PM.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Lou,
    Another great show. I'm really psyched now to see Meet the Robinsons. The history of Disney 3-D was really interesting.

The discussion about the dining plans reminded me of a trip my husband planned several years ago that we had 2 "wishes" per day to use on food or clothing. It took 2 wishes to eat at Fulton's or to attend Cirque, but using wishes introduced us to meals and shows that we might not have felt we could afford. That trip was really, really exceptional. Since I like to look forward to special events, planning where I am going to eat well in advance only gives me something else to anticipate.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon
    Another great show! Very informative dinning info. and a great look at 3D disney! It brought back the memories of seeing the films.
    Thanks for the hard work Lou. Keep it up!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Hey Lou, another excellent and informative show! I agree with everyone else, the segments with Jeff Pepper are really interesting, I love hearing all about the details that go into all the things you guys "investigate". How about just making Jeff the co-host! Keep up the great work, looking forward to next week and all the future shows!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hi, Lou! I have to chime in - GREAT show!!!! I have used the DDP and it was a great value! The only bad thing is that you have to know where you want to eat way before you get there (as you mentioned, as well). On our next trip, my husband and I are considering using the DDP table service meals for nice breakfasts and then "going commando" the rest of the day!! I LOVE the segments with Jeff Pepper, they are soooo much fun!!!! Keep the great shows coming!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Also........... *sniff - sniff*.......I was sad to hear that the concensus is that there is no hope for 20,000 Leagues to return........truly an extinct CLASSIC!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

Bigbear1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Another great show enjoyed it very much. Keep up the great work!!!!!
    Greeting from Singapore

crcormier is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh, and one more comment about Marie from the Aristocats appearing in the parks. I was in Hong Kong Disneyland the weekend after it opened, and I was suprised to see her there all over the place as well. Hello Kitty is very big there as well. I had a coworker in our Hong Kong office who had Hello Kitty all OVER her office.

Creambunni is offline It's a small world after all...
    Another excellent show Lou.
    That segment with Jeff now makes me want to see Meet the Robinsons (in 3-D of course! ). It was also intereping to hear about the DDP, I'm going to try to tell my parents more about this opportunity.
    Keep up the good work!
    "It's a small world after all..."

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great Show Lou!! I'm a big fan of the Disney Dining Plan as it does help budget your trip and it's easy. You need only carry one card with you in the parks and maybe just a couple spare dollars here and there for small things. It's nice not having to worry about carrying large amounts of cash. I also enjoyed Jeff's segment about 3D films and Meet the Robinsons.

My daughter and I saw it this past weekend in 3D and absolutely loved MTR. All the clever little scenes and a special little something at the end really add up to a great time at the movies.

Keep up the great shows Lou! It's the quickest hour or two out of my whole week!!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Fun show! A couple comments on Philharmagic:
    1) you're right on about whole families enjoying this show. On a recent trip with my brother and his family, his girls (1 and 3) LOVED this show! It's so much fun to see them reaching for everything.
    2) the one thing that makes me laugh every time in the movie is also Donald, but not his landing on Big Ben - I love when he gets soaked by the big broom and he's got wet head feathers sticking out all over the top of his head!
    3) It's so funny to see Donald in the Peter Pan sequence needing the pixie dust to fly - that mirrors one of the House of Mouse episodes that Donald had to deal with not being able to fly and at the end they pixie dusted him to let him soar a little. :-)

Keep up the great work!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

ajcinbrla is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou:

Great show. I enjoyed the 3D discussion. I liked the music from Tough to be a Bug in the background. I always shake my head when we walk right on Philharmagic with no wait - one of the best attractions on property. The one negative of Philharmagic is the corks from the end of "Be Our Guest," but I do like the apple pie scent.

We really enjoyed Meet the Robinsons. My 3-year old liked the movie, but not as much as she liked Cars. I want to go back and see it in 3-D. I'm intersted to compare both versions. The Goob reminded me of the little girl from "One Man's Band," the Pixar short that was shown before Cars.

As for Marie, she can be seen at the France Pavilion. Also, according to the insert in Cinderella III, the Aristocats is being re-released on DVD in October, so there is a possible correlation. (You can still get the Gold Collection Aristocats currently and it has come on the Disney Channel 3 times or so in the past 6 months.)

The Dining Plan is a great asset for those who plan and make ADRs. However, there really needs to be a system put into place to prevent guests from making overlapping ADRs - some sort of monetary penalty ($5/person?) for not keeping your ADR.

Just my $0.02.

Great show as always. I really like Jeff's contributions and you appear to have developed a solid rapport.

Question - what is the production time for this show compared to the first show?

Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast