Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Disney Dining Plan Tip in the The WDW Radio Show forums; If you are planning on attending the Food & Wine Festival, then upgrading to the Disney Dining Plan is imperative. That is because most, if not all of the food ...
    bobbyt6 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Disney Dining Plan Tip

If you are planning on attending the Food & Wine Festival, then upgrading to the Disney Dining Plan is imperative. That is because most, if not all of the food options along World Showcase promenade count as snack options. My family has done this the past two years and we save all of our snacks for the festival. Not only does it save you money, but it also allows you to try a myriad of dishes from other cultures. (Of course, if you are planning on it this year, keep listening to the WDW Radio show and find out first what Disney decides about Free Dining)

Bobby
    Bobby T

"And Kelp..."
    "Seaweed"
    "Kelp!"

- Horizons (R.I.P.)

That is a great tip!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Thanks for the info bobbyT , I went to the Food and Wine Festival last year and those "snacks" along the way really did add up. Also my tip is not to bother eating a sit down meal, the snacks not only add up they fill you up
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Bahimiron is offline A-Ticket holder
    Free dining was announced Monday for Disney Visa holders and announced today for everyone else.

Unfortunately, free dining ends the day the Food and Wine Festivals starts (9/22).

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    If you check in on the last day of the free dining promotion, you will still get free dining for the entire length of your stay! Also, last year I believe they had a couple of days prior to the 'first' day of Food & Wine where the booths were open.

This was a great deal we took advantage of last year! Even the samples that cost more than the usual $4 snack credit limit were accepted as snack credits (the lobster roll in America was a $6 'snack').
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahimiron View Post
    Free dining was announced Monday for Disney Visa holders and announced today for everyone else.

Unfortunately, free dining ends the day the Food and Wine Festivals starts (9/22).
    It ends that day but if you start your reservation on that day continuing until ???whenever amount of days up to 14???? you are still eligible for free dining the length of your stay. (AS LONG AS YOU CHECK IN BY THAT DATE)

fightinfire21 is offline A-Ticket holder
    You shold also note that Food & Wine actually begins on 9/28/2007 so that means if you are checking in on the last day of free dining, 9/22/07, you would have to be staying for 7 nights (and not going home early on 9/28) to catch the first day of Food & Wine. The Free Dining Package can be booked for up to 14 nights though so you could catch the entire first week of Food & Wine if you can stay that long. We did that in 2005.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am so psyched about this. When I heard the rumor about the Free Dining we finally settled on the dates for our Annual Fall WDW Trip. 9/22/07 - 10/2/07

Free dining, MNSSHP, Food & Wine Festival AND Epcot's 25th. What more can a girl ask for in a WDW trip!