Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss 2008 WDW Marathon - Who's Going? Want to Meet? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; First of all - I applaud all of you - I wish I could come run in 08, but I know I just won't be ready - so I'll put ...
    Grizzpyre is offline B-Ticket Holder
    First of all - I applaud all of you - I wish I could come run in 08, but I know I just won't be ready - so I'll put my name down on the 09 list!

BUT - I do know someone who's running in 08 who's name isn't on the list yet!!!!

PLEASE GO TO MY BLOG TODAY - and HELP SUPPORT HER - TRUST ME - it'll take a second or two.

http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com

THANKS!!!
    Co-Host of the All About the Mouse Podcast
    "The Voice of WDW Radio"
    "The Voice of Shandy"
    "The Voice of MouseTunes"

visit http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com for info on my weight loss goals - and my charitable contributions to the Dream Team

visit http://www.allaboutthemouse.com

streamlines is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    Speaking of dates

And again, Does anyone know when Disney will release Hotel prices for the marathon weekend? With the Dollar so low, we are hoping to afford Polynesian, but I need to find out how much that is going to cost us.

Up to a comfortable 2 miles in 20 mins.
    Hayden

Done the Goofy and Survived

1st WDW Visit - Sept 05
    1st Disneyland Paris Trip - Nov 05
    1st WDW On-Site stay - Jan 08 (Polynesian)
    1st WDW Alone - Jun 08 (Work Trip, Hilton)
    1st Disneyland Hong Kong Trip - Dec 08
    1st Disneyland Trip - May 09
    1st Fan meet, Disneyland Paris - Dec 09
    40th Birthday Trip WDW - Jun 10 (Postponned)
    Christmas Trip WDW - Dec 10
    D23 Expo - Aug 11

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey there count me as 2 please!!!

Rae half and yes
    Eric half and yes

Any one thought about shirts?
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I updated the list!

Yes, shirts are in the works.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

GoofTroop3 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzpyre View Post
    First of all - I applaud all of you - I wish I could come run in 08, but I know I just won't be ready - so I'll put my name down on the 09 list!

BUT - I do know someone who's running in 08 who's name isn't on the list yet!!!!

PLEASE GO TO MY BLOG TODAY - and HELP SUPPORT HER - TRUST ME - it'll take a second or two.

http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com

THANKS!!!

Wow Jonathan. That's really nice of you. DId you ever consider a career in marketing??? No, really, you're very sweet and a great friend. Thanks so much.

So please add my name (Kate) to the list for the half-marathon and I would love to meet also.

In addition to meeting, are you having an official DWT Dream Team running group to raise money? I'd like to participate if you do. I see that other charities have official teams.

- Kate

Dennyha is offline A-Ticket holder
    Name................................ Half/Full/Goofy/Cheering....... Interested in Meeting?

Dennyha Goofy Yes
    Denny

Quote Originally Posted by GoofTroop3 View Post
    Wow Jonathan. That's really nice of you. DId you ever consider a career in marketing??? No, really, you're very sweet and a great friend. Thanks so much.

So please add my name (Kate) to the list for the half-marathon and I would love to meet also.

In addition to meeting, are you having an official DWT Dream Team running group to raise money? I'd like to participate if you do. I see that other charities have official teams.

- Kate
    I agree with GoofTroop3 on having an offical DWT Dream team running group.I will also be more than happy to participate.
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    WOW!!!!!!!!! I'm excited, overwhelmed, thrilled, (a bit frightened LOL), and ecstatic about everyone's that's coming to run and/or cheer!!! What a turnout!!

As for shirts, I was trying to to spill the beans before I had a chance to check it out fully, but what do you all think of

The WDW Radio Show Marathon Team

shirts for everyone??? Remember, you can be a part of the "team" by just being a supporter, supplier of oxygen to Lou at the 35 yard mark, etc.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!!! I'm excited, overwhelmed, thrilled, (a bit frightened LOL), and ecstatic about everyone's that's coming to run and/or cheer!!! What a turnout!!

As for shirts, I was trying to to spill the beans before I had a chance to check it out fully, but what do you all think of

shirts for everyone??? Remember, you can be a part of the "team" by just being a supporter, supplier of oxygen to Lou at the 35 yard mark, etc.
    I know CPR

That sounds great!!! Yes I know that we can be apart of the team by donating to the dream ,but making it official will just make the dream come true.
    I think that everyone should also put thier sign in name on thier shirts??
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by streamlines View Post
    And again, Does anyone know when Disney will release Hotel prices for the marathon weekend? With the Dollar so low, we are hoping to afford Polynesian, but I need to find out how much that is going to cost us.

Up to a comfortable 2 miles in 20 mins.

I'm wondering the same. I would like to get Polynesian but will settle for cheapest I can get on the monorail (forget the buses). Never stayed at Contemporary. Might be a good chance to try and check it out. [Just in case we do get the CRV. ] Backup plan is to walk around to an EPCOT resort but not sure if I will be able to walk after the 1/2M.

- Kate

katesthinkingspot.blogspot.com

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder

OOO! Put me down for 2! Great idea!!
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

Just rec'd my e-mail offer for the 2008 WDW Marathon Travel Package.

I got $94.92/night for Value (AS or Pop), $167.62 for Moderate (PO, CS, or CR) and $253.12 for AKL and $438.76 for GF.

Rates for 2008 still not on WDW website. But quoted rates in offer compared to on-line rate at WDW for one month earlier (pre-peak) are slightly higher for value and moderate and 10% lower for AKL and 19% lower for GF. Makes me wonder what actual 2008 rates will be and whether this package will offer any savings at the value and moderate levels.

Anyone else ask for the offer when they signed up?

- Kate

CinderellaPug is offline A-Ticket holder
    Name................................ Half/Full/Cheering....... Interested in Meeting?
    Sarah Flannery..................... Full.................................. Yes
    Matt Flannery........................ Full.................................. Yes

We'll be there for the marathon...we are staying at the BWV for this special trip. We usually run shorter races but after doing a 15K thought the half would be fun. Then, we saw that the medal was going to be something super secret and this is what motivated us to do the full. We would love to meet up to celebrate this great event.
    You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far.
    Please stand up before exiting. Bye-bye
    Wait a minute I love that idea!

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing with their training for the 1/2-marathon in January 2008. Looks like we only have about 35 more weeks to go.

In my training I'm only up to doing about 4 miles in one hour. That includes some walking. I hope to get better in time for the TOT 13K.

I've got my ressies for BCV in January. This will be my first solo WDW trip. I was thinking that maybe I'd take advantage and do the Backstage Magic tour or Keys to the Kingdom tour on Friday. (Since my son is only 6 we have only been able to do the Family Magic Tour. And that was excellent! )

Well, anyway, hope all of you are doing well with your training. Can't wait to meet everyone.

- Kate

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast