Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss The Epcot That Never Was - Your Thoughts? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Great show as usual!!! I agree that it's unforunate that some of the "blue sky" stuff never becomes reality. However, if back in 1982 someone told me that everynight the ...
    BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show as usual!!!
    I agree that it's unforunate that some of the "blue sky" stuff never becomes reality. However, if back in 1982 someone told me that everynight the World Showcase
    will have a fireworks show that combined music and lights centered around a revolving illuminated globe, I'd say go for it. No matter how many times I watch illuminations, I still get chills !!!!

Dave in Paramus

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I think that the Rollercoster in Japan would have completely changed World Showcase as we know it. The general opinion of Epcot is "Oh, thats boring, I dont want to learn something in a theme park" but obviously we all know that learning is part of Epcot's charm. The rollercoaster in Japan would have changed the general publics opinon of Epcot and attracted more of a thrill seeker audience, I think it would have been a great idea!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    obviously I took the question to mean the original idea for E.P.C.O.T. as opposed to attractions that just didn't make it. oh well. my opinion still stands.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    LOVED THE SEGMENT!!! This is my first post and i'm SO glad to be here! -- sorry kinda off topic

I am SO GLAD that Figment wasn't green and white and was purple as i grew to know and love him! :Figment:
    I would also REALLY like to see another pavillion for epcot with an attraction that is kind of like the one that used to be in Mexico in Epcot but with alot more advanced technology and special effects to make it AMAZING. I also would have really liked those pinocchio and alice attractions but Epcot is still great today!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    As much as I like the various Disney characters, I still don't care for them too much in Futureworld. I believe they're fine in World Showcase because they can be used to help try and bridge various cultural barriers that would otherwise be a bit too complex to understand.

On the other hand, I've always been amazed at how attractions in Epcot such as Spaceship Earth, the former World of Motion and Horizons, Ellen's Energy Adventure, and even Mission: Space can tell a story without the use of the famous Disney characters. As an undergraduate in college who is studying to be a Journalism major with an interest in creative writing, I cannot begin to tell you how much the story-telling in these attractions have inspired me.

As far as other attractions that were "blue-sky", I believe World Showcase missed out on qute an opportunity when the Mt. Fuji roller-coaster wasn't built and the Rhine River cruise was never completed. As interesting as the Africa pavilion sounded, I don't believe it could have worked as Africa is so incredibly diverse. It would need the space of about 3-4 pavilions to try and fully encompass the vast differences throughout the continent. I think Australia would work and Russia too, if it could have a steady financier (Imagine a replica of St. Basil's standing in the background with those multi colored spires). An idea for a Russian attraction would be that of riding a train through Siberia or the like.

A country that was never mentioned but I think would be amazing is Switzerland. Goodness knows they have the financial backing for it and it's one of the most beautiful countries I've ever been to. There could be a Swiss-Alps Matterhorn-esque roller-coaster as a main attraction. Plus Disney has several references they've built through the years they could tie into the Swiss Pavilion. Ah well, just another blue sky idea.
    Facebook Me!

"Don't talk when I'm SHOUTING!'
    "Putting you in a chicken is cruelty to animals!"
    -General Knowledge

jeffcot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Switzerland was a blue sky idea at one time. Check out this post at 2719 Hyperion.

http://2719hyperion.blogspot.com/200...itzerland.html
    Jeff Pepper
    Author of 2719 Hyperion
    Disney World Trivia.com and WDW Radio Show Contributor

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcot View Post
    Switzerland was a blue sky idea at one time. Check out this post at 2719 Hyperion.

http://2719hyperion.blogspot.com/200...itzerland.html
    Alright Jeff, you caught me. I didn't check your blog before posting.

I still think Switzerland would by far be the best as a new World Showcase pavilion.
    Facebook Me!

"Don't talk when I'm SHOUTING!'
    "Putting you in a chicken is cruelty to animals!"
    -General Knowledge

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Rhine River Cruise should happen. I did a Rhine Cruise when I was in High School it was a great experience, Castles on the Rhine, accept no substitutes!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Figment1982 is offline A-Ticket holder
    As a kid I never understood why Figment had a red and yellow sweater - it never seemed to really "match" his purple scales. Years later when I finally realized why, it was quite a "duh" moment! Chalk it up to innocent youth who didn't see all the corporate sponsorship.

Personally, I've always wanted to see an Australia pavilion at Epcot (or at DAK, I'm not picky!). It seems to be so popular during F&W, it seems like such an obvious fit. Especially since there aren't any pavilions recognizing that area of the world. On the same note, I really think a Brazil pavilion would be excellent - if only for a place to put all of those tour groups!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12