Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show - #11 - April 22, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World information Station , hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #11 for ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show - #11 - April 22, 2007

Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #11 for the week of April 22, 2007.

In addition to this week's News and Views from Walt Disney World, Lou visits the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill to talk about Princesses and a possible new theme park. Steve Barrett, author of the Hidden Mickeys book series comes in to talk about some Walt Disney World Hidden Mickeys. Jonathan Dichter joins Lou for some fun in the Walt Disney World: Fact or Fiction? segment and Tim Sampson sends in our first listener-submitted segment about R&R at Walt Disney World. Lou answers your emails and plays your voicemails, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show!View this week's show notes.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

crcormier is offline A-Ticket holder
    Another great show. Will definitely be interesting to see what is going on in Missouri. And if the new Contemporary tower is DVC, I think they are being wise not to announce it until AKLV are selling well, though they may get to a point where people won't buy because of all the speculation and they'll have to put it out there.

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Great Show, as always.

With regards to whether they should bring a Walt AA into the parks, I believe they should. I wrote my ideas here...

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/03/14...-disney-parks/
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Thumbs up

Ditto the above comments...another great show. Lou and Jonathan crack me up. It's like listening to Abbott and Costello (sorry if you're too young to remember). And of course, who doesn't like Steve's Hidden Mickey info?

Thanks to Lou for playing my contrbuted segment. I hope the listeners like it and if you do, please let us know...if you didn't, please do let me know what you didn't like.

Keep making the shows, Lou, we'll keep listening.

Tim

Grizzpyre is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Tim - great segment! And what a compliment! To be compared to Bud and Lou....hey wait!!!

Jon and Lou...Bud and Lou....

Who's on Main Street?

Yes.

No what I'm asking is what's the guy's name on Main Street?

No no no - what is in Adventureland!

I'm not asking who's in Adventureland!

Who's on Main Street!

I don't know!!!!

Now now now - he's in Scopa Towers - we're not talking about him....
    Co-Host of the All About the Mouse Podcast
    "The Voice of WDW Radio"
    "The Voice of Shandy"
    "The Voice of MouseTunes"

visit http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com for info on my weight loss goals - and my charitable contributions to the Dream Team

visit http://www.allaboutthemouse.com

jsloan409 is offline A-Ticket holder

Another great show!

Another great job Lou! Each week is better then the next.

The fact or fiction segment with Jon was the best and Steve Barrett's segment was really interesting.

As for an AA of Walt himself in the parks, I believe it's a good idea and long as it's done right. I think it would be a good fit in the American Adventure show.

As always keep up the great work and the babbling!!!

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Jonathan's Intro

Jonathan's version of "Listen to the Land" was very funny! That was the best one yet !I missed the first few minutes of the show because I was laughing so much. "Listen to Lou..." Where do you come up with this stuff Jon?
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    Hey Lou!! Great job on the show this week. VERY entertaining. Jonathan's rendition of "Living with The Land" had me practically singing along and you two together are just a riot! I really enjoyed Tim's segment as well, it's nice to sit back and enjoy WDW sometimes and being an avid Spa goer, it only made me want to head over to the Grand Floridian even more.

Some questions though -- What song was playing during the Fact or Fiction segment with Jonathan when you were asking him the Enchanted Tiki Room? I know I've heard this music before, but I've never been able to put a name to this track. Also, what was the song being played during the listener question regarding finding Thumper in the parks? Thank you very much in advance, if anyone else knows the answer, please let me know

The new show is terrific and I hope to see you at the parks sooner then later!
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Been busy i just got it downloaded will try to listen to it tomorrow.

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou,

Another great show. Has it really been 11 shows?? WOW! Time flies....

Tim, really enjoyed your segment this week. However, my wife was listening with me. Did you have to make it sound sooooo gooood!!!! Thanks a lot!

Jonathan, another great intro. Way too funny. However...did I hear a challege during the fact or fiction section? Certainly, you don't want this little old piano man to best your score. I mean that wouldn't be fair since I have read both trivia books by Lou.
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Thank you, everyone for your comments and compliments on this week's show! Glad to hear you enjoyed it, and much of the thanks goes to my guests and contributors who do an amazing job!!

Hmmm... maybe i need to get Dave (the WDW Radio Show Theme Guy) on to do a Fact or Fiction?

(all the answers are on pages 7, 29 and 213)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    Jon,
    A nice job singing the intro, you have a fine voice.

On a side note, I just went to see the King Tut exhibit in Philadelphia. It was funny when I got home and downloaded the recent show and heard Steve B's segment. At the exhibit, I found myself looking for hidden Mickeys on all the relics. I think I need therapy.

Dave in Paramus
    Last edited by BWDave; 04-25-2007 at 11:13 AM.

MickeyMaz is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ditto as to another great show. I really do learn things from this podcast. Good segment with Steve Barrett. Have you seen the new Official Disneyland Vidcast. They talk about the new Nemo Sub ride out west. The one Imagineer talks about a Water Dragon that was in the old ride. He goes on to say it was removed, but to those that remember it, there will still be a surprise where it was on the attraction. It almost seems like he was hinting at a Hidden Dragon? As for the Hidden Kermit over at Star Tours, I had a great picture of it, but it'll have to wait until I post more here.

The Fact or Fiction segment was cool also. When can we get a live show out of you? Kinda like the one you did with the WDWToday guys a while back. (ooooh Matt, oooooh Len).

Thanks for the show.
    The Maz Disney Blog: http://themazdisneyblog.blogspot.com/
    The "We're Going to WDW" Podcast: http://wgtwdw.podbean.com/

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BWDave View Post
    Jon,
    A nice job singing the into, you have a fine voice.

On a side note, I just went to see the King Tut exhibit in Philadelphia. It was funny when I got home and downloaded the recent show and heard the Steve B's segment because and I found myself looking for hidden Mickeys on all the relics. I think I need therapy.

Dave in Paramus
    Well that wouldn't be a stretch at all if they installed an Egyptian pavillion in Epcot!!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I quite literally laughed out loud this week, listening to the Fact or Fiction segment. I'm quite sure my fellow drivers were thinking I was having a seisure of some kind, but I don't care. After a long day at work, that was EXACTLY what I needed. Thank you, Jonathan and Lou, for a delightfully funny segment.

Great show all around this week, but the FoF segment would have made a it a great show all on its own.

My opinion on the Walt AA.... no. Walt Disney is quite literally a legend, especially to Disney fans (which are obviously the people who'd see him in the parks), and I would be afraid of not being able to do him justice. I don't think a small part in the American Adventure would be appropriate, simply because it wouldn't be enough. To the people living today who still remember seeing Walt on their televisions every week, I think it would be heart-renching to see him brought back in such a small way. The spirit of Walt Disney is all encompassing in the parks and throughout the resort. Embodying him in one small part of one attraciton would feel to me like he was being diminished some how.

I *guess* the only exception would be something added to the One Man's Dream attraction. Maybe somehow have the final film narrated by the AA, rather than just a voice over? I don't know. It would still feel a little tacky to me. I think many of us feel like we somehow "know" Walt, just by walking through his parks and hearing the stories about him. And I'm not sure I would want to see a representation of someone I "know", any more than I'd want to see an AA of a lost relative.

There's my 2˘ anyway. . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast