Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio - Show 13 for May 6, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World information Station , hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #13 for ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Thumbs up WDW Radio - Show 13 for May 6, 2007

Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #13 for the week of May 6, 2007.

On this week’s show we start with Walt Disney World News & Views where we will talk about some sweeping changes coming from the Walt Disney World Resort hotels, updates on dining locations around Epcot, a new celebration being offered for young girls, and updates on the Year of a Million Dreams.

In the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, we talk about a new themed dining location rumored to be coming to the Magic Kingdom and take a quick look back at the surprising venue it may replace, as well as a few other rumored things going on resort-wide.

I discuss Concierge Level accommodations at the Walt Disney World resorts with Pam Forrester from The Magic For Less Travel. We explore what and where they are, the benefits, pricing, different ones throughout the properties, whether it is worth it, whom it may be most right for and how to get the most out of staying there.

Take a stroll down Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards at the Disney-MGM Studios with me and Matt Hochberg as we explore the history, architecture, details, hidden gems and immersive experience in the shops, buildings and facades in an effort to introduce you to some of the wonderful attention paid to detail at the Studios.

I have lots of interesting E-Mails to get to, including questions about the Odyssey Restaurant in Epcot, the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station and what it replaced, remaining days on old park tickets, and more.

I’ll also play some of your voicemails at the very end of a show that I hope you find both fun and informative, so sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

Also come by and see the new WDW Radio Show LOGO (thanks to Tim Foster from www.GuideToTheMagic.com)

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up

Hey, my email questions were read on the show! How cool is that! Thanks for the great answers too.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Awesome show again Lou, love the new logo and banner on the site. Awesome!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show. I really enjoyed the walk through the streets of MGM.

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I never realized all the detail and thought that went into MGM Studios I can't wait to get back there. I think I'm going to save this Episode #13 and the next time I am heading to WDW, I'm going to listen to it for a refresher. Then, I'm going to go to MGM with new eyes!

Great Show Lou. Your interview with Pam Forrester is a hoot. I was quite surprised by all the amenities and benefits you have with Concierge level. That may need to be on my "agenda" someday. My DH is going to shoot me or take away my iPod!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Horizonguy is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is my first time posting. I have been listening for a while. I love the show. You have a great mix of cool trivia, rumors of future developments, and helpful information about the parks and resorts. I have been trying to figure out where I want to stay next time I go to WDW. I was always afraid of the cost of Concierge service and not sure if the benefits were worth it. However, when you had Pam Forrester on from the Magic for less it really gave me a lot of good information about what services are offered at the different resorts that offer concierge service. Now I have to decide which Concierge to try. Keep up the great work.

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Welcome, Horizonguy!!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Another great show this week!! Loved the info about concierge - always wondered exactly what that was all about!! Also, loved the MGM spotlight!! Some of it I had heard before but was not familiar with much of the background. Another great intro by Jonathan . The shows just keep getting better!!! Oh, and, Lou, no matter what Hochberg says, YOU are not over-rated!!!!! Remember - we all drink the kool-aid!!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

DizPodDir is offline A-Ticket holder

Mickey Very Merry link?

I tried finding the tickets on the Disney world site, but under special events they only have listed the "day after my birthday" (halloweeen) party.

Can you post the link to them in the show notes like you said you were going to?

thanks,

Mike

I didn't get a chance to listen to the Listener Feedback portion of the show until yesterday evening and I have to say Lou...

YOU OWE ME SOME WINDEX AND PAPER TOWELS!

I spit iced-tea all over my monitor!

Three words: JU-LA-RY (jewelry)!!

OMG! Now that's a good bribe!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I am not new to the boards but I have never listened to any of the shows.
    Can anyone tell me how I am able to listen to it and where I can find it. I want to know about that new dining in MK!!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    I am not new to the boards but I have never listened to any of the shows.
    Can anyone tell me how I am able to listen to it and where I can find it. I want to know about that new dining in MK!!
    You can listen to it right from your computer, if you have speakers or a headphone jack.

Go to http://www.wdwradio.com/ and click on Listen To The Show. A small window will pop up and you can choose which episode you would like to hear from the list.

It's pretty easy.

disnyfreek is offline B-Ticket Holder
    About 2 miles from the proposed site for Disney's America
    Quote Originally Posted by SamIAm717 View Post
    You can listen to it right from your computer, if you have speakers or a headphone jack.

Go to http://www.wdwradio.com/ and click on Listen To The Show. A small window will pop up and you can choose which episode you would like to hear from the list.

It's pretty easy.

Or if you have iTunes you can go to the "Search" button and type "Lou Mongello" where it says "Author", then press either "Subscribe" for you to have them continually updated to your computer, or "Get Episode" by a specific episode.

Great show Lou. I loved the MGM trivia bit. I always love to search Hollywood and Sunset Blvd. for little hidden treasures on the buildings. I find a new one every time.

EpcotNut is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show this week - Matt is always great to listen to as well. I really liked your segment about the concierge level at the resorts - even though Ill never stay in one it's nice to know a little bit about them. Thanks!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Quote Originally Posted by SamIAm717 View Post

It's pretty easy.

Ty so much! I will check it out when I get home from work today.

And I don't have itunes so I can't do that one, but ty for telling me.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast