Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Suggestion Box in the The WDW Radio Show forums; What a topic for my first post--I wish that they would start with something small. My biggest complaint was lack of food and drink late in the evening -- both ...
    Scott C is offline A-Ticket holder
    What a topic for my first post--I wish that they would start with something small. My biggest complaint was lack of food and drink late in the evening -- both in the parks and at POR. Our mugs did almost no good at all simply because the food court was closed by the time we would get back to the hotels. I realize that it does not make economic sense to keep the food court in full operation 24/7, but it seems that there could be some sort of compromise. Am I the only one who goes to bed hungry after evening EMH??

Love the Podcast

Thanks
    Scott C
    Evansville IN

fortuosity is offline NOW APPROACHING...
    Trapped in the Earful Tower with the Animaniacs
    Here are my ideas:

1. Do something about Stitch... anything that will bring back the Stitch that I love from the movie
    2. Referb the Great Movie Ride... take out Alien and put newer or better movie scenes in there
    3. Make Earful Tower the symbol of MGM again
    4. Kill Dino-Rama
    5. Update Carousel of Progress

Now for some innovative ideas:

1. Take the Imagination Pavillion and start from scratch... both attractions are kinda dull now... Bring back old Figment and put a 3-D Meet The Robinson movie about imagining the future
    2. Perhaps Segway tours at all parks, not just World Showcase
    3. Wonders of Life could become a place in the shape of a human body... each body part could be an area, Heart could be an area about love (or something of that nature), Cranium Command in the Brain, the Making of Me in the "Me Making" area, and so forth
    Last edited by fortuosity; 05-16-2007 at 09:51 PM.
    More Beer? What For Nothing Helps... Get Me Five Dozen Eggs Instead
    Imagination! Imagination! A Dream Can Be A Dream Come True With Just A Spark In Me And You

America, Keep On Flying Now. Keep Your Spirit Free, Facing New Frontiers

Cinderella CastleSpaceship EarthTree Of LifeEarful Tower

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    1. Get rid of the wand on Spaceship Earth. It's tacky and detracts from the architechture.

2. Reopen The Odyssey in Epcot as a new large sit-down restaruant. It could feature "the best" cuisine from each country in the World Showcase.

3. Oust Stitch from Tomorrowland.

4. Try and attract a new sponser for Wonders of Life or tear it down and start over. I think replacing it with a weather pavilion would be amazing (Bring the Stormrider attraction from Tokyo Disneysea!)

5. Dinoland has problems. Chester and Hester do not belong there. Give us more theme via the Dinosaur-style (Not as scary/bouncy motion for those who don't care for it. Just give us realistic dinosaurs!)

6. Camp Minnie-Mickey needs to go bye-bye. Start the Beastlie-Kingdomme here. DAK needs another high profile attraction, like Expedition Everest and this would be a great counter for the upcoming Harry Potter area in Universal.

And if I get one more special request, it's to change Journey Into Your Imagination to include the Dream Finder and the Figment we all love. Dr. Channing is ok, but he seems to be a lackluster replacement.

Thanks for reading!
    Facebook Me!

"Don't talk when I'm SHOUTING!'
    "Putting you in a chicken is cruelty to animals!"
    -General Knowledge

GoofTroop3 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I wish that Disney would add more special events and tours. We have been to WDW 6 times now with our seventh trip scheduled for June. We (or my son) love doing special events or tours like The Albatross Treasure Cruise, Sunrise Safari, Wanyama Safari, Keys to the Magic Kingdom Tour, Lunch with an Imagineer, etc. These extras add so much more magic to our trips.

As an example, it would be great if there were more tours in the parks for younger children. At this point, the only tours my 6 year-old son can go on are Behind the Seeds and Family Magic. But I don't feel comfortable taking him on Family Magic again because he may inadvertantly spoil it for the others.

Another example would be special events at the hotels. When we went for Christmas in 2005 to BC and the Chef had special gingerbread house building events for the children. My son loved this event. When we stayed at the AKL for Christmas 2006 my son did the special events at the hotel that allow you to earn beads. Again, he loved the events.

I guess I would also ask that Disney advertise its special events better. In the recent edition of Vacation Magic I read that Vero Beach has special Turtle Walks and Dining with Animal Programs. If I had known sooner I would have split our vacation in June between BCV and Vero Beach to take advantage of this. How do I find out about special events like this in advance?

- Kate

Jennasis is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am just chock full of suggestions. Realistic ones too!

1. ONE (just one) "Adult only" restaurant. they have it on the Disney Cruise Line, and they should have one on the resort property too. I do not consider V&A's adult only though the cost does tend to dissuade people from bringing kids. I would LOVE to have a Jiko/Narcoossee/Cali Grill type place for the adults.

2. While we are at it, perhaps an adults only pool? That may be wishfull thinking...

3. The Spaceship Earth wand must go. It's tacky, garish and totally not in keeping with the theme of Epcot. Why does there have to be bits of Sorcerer Mickey everywhere? his hat is in MGM...ditch the wand.

4. World showcase needs a strong anchor/e-ticket attraction. Pick a country that has nothing and give them SOMETHING! Not another film or circlevision thing either, but an honest to goodness ride!

5. Bring back Tapestry of Dreams or add a parade to Epcot.

6. two words...BEASTLY KINGDOM. Though personally, I think the name is lame. Mythical Kingdom is better.

7. Enough Stitch.

8. Enough Pirates. I love them but it is starting to overwhelm.

9. Bring back MSEP.

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I love the idea of an adults only restaurant!! However, I'm not holding my breath...................
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Many, many great suggestions. I think my favorite, though, is to make sure no one under 18 is allowed in PI after a certain time in the evening. Last time I was at the Adventurer's Club someone had brought their 7 and 9 year olds. Many of us adults were a bit lit and the conversation with the Colonel (as often occurs there) became somewhat "blue". I tried to behave, I really, really did, since there was a kid there. But I don't think it should have been necessary.

I know a lot of people don't want to leave their kids in one of the kids clubs that's around and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I would have either. So if you visit with kids, you just don't do some things. That's part of having kids.

Okay... enough of my ranting. :-)
    Hypermommy

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post

1. ONE (just one) "Adult only" restaurant. they have it on the Disney Cruise Line, and they should have one on the resort property too. I do not consider V&A's adult only though the cost does tend to dissuade people from bringing kids. I would LOVE to have a Jiko/Narcoossee/Cali Grill type place for the adults.

2. While we are at it, perhaps an adults only pool? That may be wishfull thinking...
    Ooohhh - you should be scared, we think alike!

Actually, what I'd like to see is split dining rooms (part of the room designated for families and part for parties of adults with no kids) or maybe some select restaurants that don't accept parties with kids under 10 after 7pm in the evening (Le Cellier!).

My second request would be an extra magic hours for those travelling without children (to counteract Little Ones Extra Magic Hour). I'd love to ride Dumbo, but feel to selfconsious with all the kiddies running around. Maybe call it a Rediscover the Child Within Evening or something like that - everyone gets mouse ears upon entry!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    PHP Code:
    My second request would be an extra magic hours for those travelling without children (to counteract Little Ones Extra Magic Hour). I'd love to ride Dumbo, but feel to selfconsious with all the kiddies running around. Maybe call it a Rediscover the Child Within Evening or something like that - everyone gets mouse ears upon entry! 
    What a neat idea!!!!! I LOVE IT! My DH and I do not have children and would LOVE to ride Dumbo and the TeaCups and Winnie the Pooh, etc. without being surrounded by little ones!! I know that Walt's vision was for the parks to be enjoyed by families; however, I think incorporating adult extra magic hours would still adhere to this fundamental principal since it would be after regular park hours. Also, receiving the mouse ears upon entry would just be the icing on the cake!! Here's hoping the WDW folks are reading this thread!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

tikibirdlady is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love the adult only restaurant suggestion and the suggestion for no kids after a specific time at selected restaurants.

In fact on my last trip, just a few days ago, my husband and I were doing some wishful thinking and thought an adults only resort would be a dream along with an adults only parks day. But Instead of a whole day, because that is just too much to ask, an adults only EMH would be great option.

An adults only resort would be so ideal, it wouldn't have to be huge in scale and I'm sure there are many who would reserve if they had the option.

The 5ive O is offline A-Ticket holder

You got a point

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I despise Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama! I refuse to go near it...carnival games like that do not belong anywhere near WDW!!
    That's a very good point actually. I remember making comments about Disney World that they were different than carnivals because instead of trying to win at games, they just nailed you with the merchandise. I'm not saying that I never buy merchandise, in fact I have an entire room dedicated to Disney memorabilia. (It's starting to slowly creep out into other parts of the house now.) I'm not sure if the games there are "prize everytime" or not. I do know that the race games are winner every race, but not everyone can win. I know how much these games make as I grew up on a carnival. I can see why Disney put these in. I however have to disagree with that decision because like I don't want to think of Disney as a glorified amusment park or carnival. It's so much more than that because it operates on a much different level than any other place in the country, or even the world. Why be the same?

For this reason, I only like going to Dinorama for the attractions there, actually just Primeval Whirl. I don't consider Dinosaur (formerly Countdown to Extinction) as part of that area even though it's Dinoland USA. (It's also one of the best dark thrill rides at WDW) Remember, McDonald's put a huge amount of money for that place so if anyone, blame them for C&H DinoRama.

So yes, carnival games should not have been put into WDW.
    Man has a dream, and that's the start...

...he follows his dream with mind and heart...

...and when it becomes a reality, it's a dream come true for you and me." - Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

DsnyLeigh is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Contemporary05 View Post
    1. Get rid of the wand on Spaceship Earth. It's tacky and detracts from the architechture.

2. Reopen The Odyssey in Epcot as a new large sit-down restaruant. It could feature "the best" cuisine from each country in the World Showcase.

3. Oust Stitch from Tomorrowland.

4. Try and attract a new sponser for Wonders of Life or tear it down and start over. I think replacing it with a weather pavilion would be amazing (Bring the Stormrider attraction from Tokyo Disneysea!)

5. Dinoland has problems. Chester and Hester do not belong there. Give us more theme via the Dinosaur-style (Not as scary/bouncy motion for those who don't care for it. Just give us realistic dinosaurs!)

6. Camp Minnie-Mickey needs to go bye-bye. Start the Beastlie-Kingdomme here. DAK needs another high profile attraction, like Expedition Everest and this would be a great counter for the upcoming Harry Potter area in Universal.

And if I get one more special request, it's to change Journey Into Your Imagination to include the Dream Finder and the Figment we all love. Dr. Channing is ok, but he seems to be a lackluster replacement.

Thanks for reading!
    Yes!!! Yes!!! Bring down the wand!!!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    No More Armchair Imagineering, Please!!!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I despise Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama! I refuse to go near it...carnival games like that do not belong anywhere near WDW!

I would love to see Iago fly far away from my beloved Tiki room....Bring back the orginal show!
    The old Tiki Room is never coming back and Dino-Rama is not going anywhere, so get used to it!

dishippy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok, so here are some suggestions:

- We need crush's coaster from Disneyland Paris because I've heard it's awesome.
    - We need updates the end scene of Carousel of Progress.
    - Bring back the old Journey into Imagination
    - Bring Back Horizons.
    - Use the Wonders of Life pavilion for a stunning new attraction instead of convention space. BORING. Let's get something fresh in future world. I think that's about it though. If I think of anything else. I will post again. Laters.
    Dis Hippy
    AATM #31
    http://dishippy.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast