Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Suggestion Box in the The WDW Radio Show forums; A listener wrote in on Show 14 (May 13, 2007): "Hey Lou love the show so far. I was thinking of a new segment for the show. You could call ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Suggestion Box

A listener wrote in on Show 14 (May 13, 2007):

"Hey Lou love the show so far. I was thinking of a new segment for the show. You could call it the WDW Suggestion Box. It would be a fun way for us to think of ideas to improve the parks. Just fun topics for discussion."

OK, so as promised, here is the forum where YOU can post your ideas and suggestions on how you think you could make WDW even better!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

GoofTroop3 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I think I would...

I'll start with the obvious. I'd celebrate EPCOT's 25th anniversary by opening a wonderful new attraction in Future World. Perhaps even taking an old and now gone favorite and re-imagineering it for the future. Or digging into the archives and re-imagineering something that Walt liked that was never built.

There would be new limited edition pin releases of course. And we would even open up a new Country in World Showcase. I think I would add Australia. And it would have a ride attraction, not just a movie. And a themed restaurant. How about an all vegetarian restaurant called 'Fish are Friends, Not Food"? Just kidding.

And for the movie portion, I would have a small theatre with a continuously running film. It would be similar to Saludos Amigos. We would send a group of Imagineers to Australia to soak up the culture and ideas. They would create about 8 shorts from this. It would include cartoons and live action mixed with cartoons. They could use characters from Nemo, as well as Donald, Mickey and Goofy. There would be a new 'How to' with Goofy. Maybe 'How to be Australian.' Some of the shorts would include new songs. The shorts would be so good that they would also sell the DVD in the gift shop.

- Kate
    Last edited by GoofTroop3; 05-13-2007 at 09:13 AM.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    they need to forsure gear something towards the boys such as a dinning experiance or somthing..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I would go back to the artwork for the "Epcot that never was" and build all of those attractions in the World Showcase pavilions!! Then, I would bring back some of the old favorites - 20,000 Leagues, Mr. Toad, Horizons, the REAL Imagination and other classics! I would also add appropriate quotes from Walt to each attraction so we never forget that it was all started by an amazing man and his mouse!!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    * Add FastPass to Pirates of the Carribean
    * Clean the tops of the buildings on Tom Sawyer Island so you're not looking at bird droppings from the Liberty Belle Riverboat
    * Improve the walkways in the Animal Kingdom, so I don't need to cross "the hub" to get from one land toantoher. Africa, Camp Minnie Mickey, Oasis, and Dinoland should all be directly connected via a walk way (similar to how you can walk all the way around the MK without going through the hub.
    * Add new attractions to Germany, Italy, Japan, Morocco, and the UK so they're more than glorified gift shops and restaurants.
    * Add electronic signs at resort bus stops to let us know when the next bus to each park will be arriving
    * Institute a "no child under 18 AT ALL" policy in Pleasure Island, regardless of being accompanied by a parent. No more crying babies in the Adventurer's Club, dang it!
    * Update or replace Indiana Jones - classic though it may be, it's old and dated and not many people in today's audience have seen it
    * Update or replace Honey I Shrunk the Audience - same reason, but an order of magnitude more important
    * Destroy Hester & Jester's. The so-called theme is 100% contrary to what Walt Disney World is supposed to be.
    * Scrap Sounds Dangerous and replace it with something that won't make us fall asleep

... Wow. I'm starting to sound bitter. I'd better end my "suggestion" here. . .

Paul Lalli

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty;476423[COLOR=red
    ]* Add FastPass to Pirates of the Carribean[/COLOR]
    * Clean the tops of the buildings on Tom Sawyer Island so you're not looking at bird droppings from the Liberty Belle Riverboat
    * Improve the walkways in the Animal Kingdom, so I don't need to cross "the hub" to get from one land toantoher. Africa, Camp Minnie Mickey, Oasis, and Dinoland should all be directly connected via a walk way (similar to how you can walk all the way around the MK without going through the hub.
    * Add new attractions to Germany, Italy, Japan, Morocco, and the UK so they're more than glorified gift shops and restaurants.
    * Add electronic signs at resort bus stops to let us know when the next bus to each park will be arriving
    * Institute a "no child under 18 AT ALL" policy in Pleasure Island, regardless of being accompanied by a parent. No more crying babies in the Adventurer's Club, dang it!
    * Update or replace Indiana Jones - classic though it may be, it's old and dated and not many people in today's audience have seen it
    * Update or replace Honey I Shrunk the Audience - same reason, but an order of magnitude more important (BUT NOT BEFORE THE FALL I WANNA SEE IT!)
    * Destroy Hester & Jester's. The so-called theme is 100% contrary to what Walt Disney World is supposed to be.
    * Scrap Sounds Dangerous and replace it with something that won't make us fall asleep

... Wow. I'm starting to sound bitter. I'd better end my "suggestion" here. . .

Paul Lalli

ALL VERY GOOD IDEAS!!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    they need to forsure gear something towards the boys such as a dinning experiance or somthing..
    Didn't I just hear about this recently? It may even have been on WDWRadio - something about the restaurant in Adventureland reopening as a pirate-themed character dinner?

fightinfire21 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think that Disney should remake a Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn movie. I personally think that a new version would be great and it would also introduce these characters to a new generation. If they did this they could update Tom Sawyer Island instead of loosing it to a Pirates Island like Disneyland (don't get me wrong, I love P.O.T.C. but they already have there own great, classic attraction and there is such thing as overkill). I think that this would keep the park both classic and updated to please both sides of the fence.

jeffcot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Disney did do Tom and Huck back in 1995 but it did little to reignite interest in those classic stories.
    Jeff Pepper
    Author of 2719 Hyperion
    Disney World Trivia.com and WDW Radio Show Contributor

fightinfire21 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I did not know that. Of course I would have only been 13 in 1995 LOL.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I despise Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama! I refuse to go near it...carnival games like that do not belong anywhere near WDW!

I would love to see Iago fly far away from my beloved Tiki room....Bring back the orginal show!

Free Entry!!!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    * Add FastPass to Pirates of the Carribean
    * Update or replace Honey I Shrunk the Audience - same reason, but an order of magnitude more important
    I agree all very good ideas...

I also think they need to do something for EPCOT's anniversary.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

MickeyMaz is offline A-Ticket holder
    • Stop raising the number of people that they allow into the MVMCP and MNSSH parties.
    • Put microwaves for leftovers in all on-property hotel rooms. I was told that they did not have them in the Poly because if you can afford staying there you can afford not to bring home left-overs. With the DDP, we always have leftovers.
    • Make all parks monorail accessable and add another hotel on the Magic Kingdom loop. Maybe have the Poly, the Grand Floridian and another property by that access canal before you get to the MK station.
    • Hold ticket prices for at least a full year.
    The Maz Disney Blog: http://themazdisneyblog.blogspot.com/
    The "We're Going to WDW" Podcast: http://wgtwdw.podbean.com/

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    All excellent ideas - some VERY creative! (Like th free entry best! )
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast