Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show - Show 14 - May 13, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World information Station , hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #14 for ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show - Show 14 - May 13, 2007

Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #14 for the week of May 13, 2007.

On this week's show, we'll start as always with some News & Views from Walt Disney World where I'll talk about some changes coming to some elements of the WDW transportation system as well as to FASTPASS. We'll also discuss some recent rumors that are now official, and on this week's trip to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, I'll talk about some rumors for an extinct attraction in the Magic Kingdom, the Leave a Legacy sculptures in Epcot, and more.

Jeff Pepper joins me once for a very detailed discussion of our next in the 7 Wonders of Walt Disney World. This time, we explore the history, trivia, architecture, changes and significance of a true iconic wonder – Cinderella Castle. We also discuss why it's a true wonder, as well as it's significance to so many people. At the end of this segment, I will announce the next entry in the 7 Wonders series, as I want to enlist your help and ask you to share your comments, thoughts and experiences via voicemail for an upcoming show. This will give you the chance to talk about something that I think we all agree is a truly magical part of Walt Disney World.

A number of listener emails was the catalyst for this week's Best of the Best at Walt Disney World segment, as Pam Forrester from The Magic For Less Travel and I discuss the best resort strategies for parties of 4 or more when traveling to Walt Disney World.

Speaking of your feedback, I'll answer more of your emails and play your voicemails at the end of the show so sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums at DisneyWorldTrivia.com.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast!

Happy Mother's Day!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    Thanks for listening!
    I've got a 2 hour drive today - I'm looking forward to listening !!

jeffcot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    . . . and my apologies to everyone for those wacky wheezing sounds you were hearing. Allergy/sinus problems on my part--nothing at all to do with Lou's technical skills.

Jeff Pepper
    Author of 2719 Hyperion
    Disney World Trivia.com and WDW Radio Show Contributor

I agree with you whole-heartedly on the Cinderella Castle selection for one of The Wonders. Talk about ubiquitous! I just noticed - thanks to you - that there's even a faint image of a castle tower on the back of my daughter's Huggies. (The front proudly displays 3 famous princesses, who look befitting of said castle.)

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Awesome segment on Cinderella's Castle guys! The two of you get better every time you do a segment together. I look forward to listening to next weeks show on the plane ride down to WDW
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was truly rivoted to the discussion about Cinderella's and the Sleeping Beauty castle in DL. I love WDW, but I am also a huge DL fan, so any time something gets discussed that might actually encompass attractions at both parks, I'm all in !!

I wil agree though that Cinderella's castle just astounds me. I am so excited when I get off the monorail or the bus and start heading for the train station. Seeing the train station gets my heart pounding a little bit as I know I'm almost there. Then once you are under the tunnel and you see Main Street and Town Square, it's almost like you just can't wait to round that corner so you can see the castle standing there in all it's glory. On a beautiful Florida morning, when the sky is nearly as blue as the turrets on the castle and there are white puffy clouds overhead, there really is nothing more gorgeous to me. It does make me choke up a little and I often say to myself, Yes, I'm home! The castle signifies to me the beginning of a great day of promise. A day, where the bills, the rat race, and the work-a-day doldrums are set by the wayside and all you think about is fun and being 8 y/o again in your head.

I will say that I never noticed that the fact that the WDW castle had walls and I'm going to make it a point, the next time I'm there to stop near Pooh's Playful Spot . I find this sort of castle and walled village more noticeable in DL. The walls seem more predominant there as the attractions are all done in the same grayish stone starting at the castle. There are also those doorways/tunnels in DL where you can move from Fantasyland to the next land and there is actual signage above the tunnel doorways that state To Adventureland or To Frontierland.

Sleeping Beauty's castle is somewhat anti-climactic, but you do have the Matterhorn to use as a reference point from most places in the park.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    What a neat segment on the castle!!!! Every time I get to the MK and have that view down Main Street to the Castle, I can't help but get a lump in my throat and shed a tear!! There's nothing like being home!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

crcormier is offline A-Ticket holder
    To the person who asked about a gift registry at the DisneyStore.com, they're supposed to be adding one this summer sometime, or at least that is what I was told when I asked about it. There are a couple of websites out there that we looked at to handle it (thethingsiwant.com being one of them) but in the end we decided to just scrap the idea for our upcoming wedding.

MickeyMaz is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcot View Post
    . . . and my apologies to everyone for those wacky wheezing sounds you were hearing. Allergy/sinus problems on my part--nothing at all to do with Lou's technical skills.

I thought that was a mower running in the background somewhere. Only kidding, not a problem. Another good show. We found the Giant in the Mickey's clothing store near the castle this last trip. And, I know we have been there before and had always missed it.

Cinderella's castle is certainly a Wonder of the World. When we go to the Magic Kingdom, Space Mountain is the first thing we see, then the castle. We look forward to both.

Thanks for the show,

Maz
    Last edited by MickeyMaz; 05-15-2007 at 10:00 PM.
    The Maz Disney Blog: http://themazdisneyblog.blogspot.com/
    The "We're Going to WDW" Podcast: http://wgtwdw.podbean.com/

EpcotNut is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the great piece on the castle - my next trip is going to be nothing but searching for all of these little details you talk about each week. My list is getting longer and longer...

Keep it up! Great work!

disney_barbie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    another wonderful show

wow.. tinkerbell now in the disney parades - I have a new dream job in wdw!!

Barbie xxxx

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disney_barbie View Post
    another wonderful show

wow.. tinkerbell now in the disney parades - I have a new dream job in wdw!!

Barbie xxxx
    Yes, Tinkerbell is on top of the first float in the Disneyland Parade of Dreams. My daughter was VERY excited to see her up there, although she said "I thought Tink was smaller". She's seen Peter Pan and knows what size Tinkerbell is supposed to be.

Last edited by SamIAm717; 05-16-2007 at 03:11 PM.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thanks to all of you for listening to the show - glad to hear that you enjoyed it!!!! And thanks again to Jeff for his help this week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    loved the show!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

tikibirdlady is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show this week!

I have to agree with the addition of Cinderella's Castle to the 7 Wonders list. Ever since you started requesting suggestions the first thing that popped to mind was the Castle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast