Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Haunted Mansion Refurb in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hi, I am a huge Disney fan and lucked into some info from a CM friend of mine. I post to other Disney fan sites so if you've read this ...
    JediStewy is offline A-Ticket holder

Haunted Mansion Refurb

Hi, I am a huge Disney fan and lucked into some info from a CM friend of mine. I post to other Disney fan sites so if you've read this already, I apologize but I haven't heard or read any details about the MANSION's refurb so when I got this info from my friend I felt obligated to pass it on, enjoy:

Master Gracey is going DIGITAL. The aging portrait effect will be replaced with the same effect only in digital quality.

The portrait hall is also going digital for their effects as well.

The out of place Spiders on the staircase are being removed and shipped back to the Jungle Cruise (these were left over from an earlier incarnation of the cruise and they felt they filled space well on the Haunted Mansion ride. That is the only reason they were there. These are being replaced by and as yet unknown effect (I SOOO want the Hat Box Ghost...wishful thinking, I know, but a lad can dream).

Madame Leota is being fully revamped. The details are sketchy, but, the ball and table are now suppsed to float and Leota will be projected from INSIDE the ball now. If I hear anything else on this (I know this is a much beloved section of the ride) I will let you know.

Eddie Murphy will be going animatronic and appear where the caretaker of the mansion and the sack of bones dog used to be, handing you a business card from Evers and Evers Realty and asking you to describe your "dream house"

That last nugget of info was thrown in just to see if your paying attention! I would be the first among the thousands, if not millions that would picket the ride if they ever thought about doing that. I only "watch" the movie when I, for some reason, am working and there is nothing better on. I use it as "white noise" I suppose...

This info is straight from a "Butler" I trust him implicitly and he knows my passion for the ride so anything from him I deem Gospel. If anybody has heard anything additional or if I don't have the facts straight, please, enlighten us!

J.

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by JediStewy View Post
    Hi, I am a huge Disney fan and lucked into some info from a CM friend of mine. I post to other Disney fan sites so if you've read this already, I apologize but I haven't heard or read any details about the MANSION's refurb so when I got this info from my friend I felt obligated to pass it on, enjoy:

Master Gracey is going DIGITAL. The aging portrait effect will be replaced with the same effect only in digital quality.

The out of place Spiders on the staircase are being removed and shipped back to the Jungle Cruise (these were left over from an earlier incarnation of the cruise and they felt they filled space well on the Haunted Mansion ride. That is the only reason they were there. These are being replaced by and as yet unknown effect (I SOOO want the Hat Box Ghost...wishful thinking, I know, but a lad can dream).

Madame Leota is being fully revamped. The details are sketchy, but, the ball and table are now suppsed to float and Leota will be projected from INSIDE the ball now. If I hear anything else on this (I know this is a much beloved section of the ride) I will let you know.

Eddie Murphy will be going animatronic and appear where the caretaker of the mansion and the sack of bones dog used to be, handing you a business card from Evers and Evers Realty and asking you to describe your "dream house"

That last nugget of info was thrown in just to see if your paying attention! I would be the first among the thousands, if not millions that would picket the ride if they ever thought about doing that. I only "watch" the movie when I, for some reason, am working and there is nothing better on. I use it as "white noise" I suppose...

This info is straight from a "Butler" I trust him implicitly and he knows my passion for the ride so anything from him I deem Gospel. If anybody has heard anything additional or if I don't have the facts straight, please, enlighten us!

J.
    Whew, you scared me with that one (bolded above)! But everything else sounds pretty amazing. I would hope they would do some exciting things given the length of the closure!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a few heart palpitations over the Eddie Murphy thing!!!! Sounds like some amazing things coming! Can't wait to see it.
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I too was frightened beyond belief about Eddie Murphy. I think that would be scarier than anything they could put in there.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I think I read your post over at Magical Mountain. The changes seem like they will be for the better, just as long as they don't change anything too drastically. I think HM was in need of some enhancements.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

EpcotNut is offline A-Ticket holder
    Can't wait to see what improvements are made - unfortunately it will be a while before I get to see them in person. Either way, it's exciting to see.

sublimesting is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by JediStewy View Post

J.

I was reading this and thinking how reasonable everything sounds that you typed and about how it is about how I figured it would be in a refurb. Then I thought, I'll bet this stuff is right on unlike other rumors. then I got to the Eddie Murphy thing and thought "Oh no, this can't be....NOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

I am assuming the bride will also be done as in the Disney Land version.

solfan68 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We were on hand just days before the closing. All I can say is that the in-buggy audio is in desperate need of attention. While I was glad we were able to visit the mansion, I felt like we were riding through the Haunted Rice Krispy factory. Pretty bad. Lets hope the audio gets some TLC on this 2007 Refurb.

Fortuitous Finds from the Worldwide Web at Geek Acres

CBR - 7/94 CBR - 7/96 CSR - 6/07 POR - 6/08

JPG54 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by solfan68 View Post
    We were on hand just days before the closing. All I can say is that the in-buggy audio is in desperate need of attention. While I was glad we were able to visit the mansion, I felt like we were riding through the Haunted Rice Krispy factory. Pretty bad. Lets hope the audio gets some TLC on this 2007 Refurb.

I agree 100% We love the HM, but on our visit last summer, it was very obvious the attraction needs some refurbishment and updating. I am sure it will be GREAT when the work is done. I just wish it would be finished by the first of August for our upcoming trip. Probably not based on the published schedule, but one can hope...
    Pat-Charter D23 Member
    Premium Pass Holders

catfish28 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Here's a photo of the note that is posted at the Haunted Mansion

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/cjackson/Desktop/Haunted%20Mansion%20Note.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Kolby 1101 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Can't wait until my trip in Oct to see all the new rehabs

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    My heart almost stopped when I read the Eddie Murphy thing. I love the caretaker & dog. Phew! I am so excited about this renovation! Glad it'll be done by my trip in September!
    Love, Kerri

yodagirl94 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Eddie Murphy thing scared me but then I realized that the movie didn't get nearly enough attention for them to make that drastic change such as that. I am glad that they are making the updates, however I am a little angry because with the closings of all the rides the next time I will be able to go to Disney and ride EVERY ride I like will likely be 2009. If that.
    -Megan
    Host of the Neverland News Podcast
    http://web.mac.com/robinczajka/iWeb/...News/Home.html

"Everyone has heard of Ford cars. But have they heard of Henry Ford, who started it all? Walt Disney World is in memory of the man who started it all, so people will know his name as long as Walt Disney World is here."

DisneyDiva345 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've also heard rumor that they are adding a wheelchair accessible doom buggy, very similar to the ADA clamobile we have over at Nemo.

Ghost_Hostess is offline B-Ticket Holder

i am going on a HUGE STRIKE if that happens... i want that hat box ghost too
    Haunted mansion is my life

VMK Name:VideoGamerGirl
    If you would like to join our jamboree
    There’s a simple rule that’s compulsory.
    Mortals pay a token fee –
    Rest in peace, the haunting’s free.
    So, hurry back, we would like your company...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast