Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss The WDW Radio Show - Show #16 - May 27, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #16 for the ...
    Spaced Out Dude is offline B-Ticket Holder

The WDW Radio Show - Show #16 - May 27, 2007

Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #16 for the week of May 27, 2007.

I'm back from Walt Disney World with my trip report and some wonderful information including some attraction and restaurant reviews, Cast Member stories, news and rumors, and some true "insider information" about something new coming to one of Walt Disney World's theme parks early next year. As this trip afforded me the chance to meet Jeff Pepper, whom you've heard on a number of segments with me, he will join me to talk about the trip and some of the experiences we shared along the way. There's a lot more to this report than just a summary of our trip, as we include our review of the Gran Fiesta Tour, a suggestion about how to possibly improve the ADR (Advanced Dining Reservations) system, some dining reviews, and introduce the first of a new "Hidden Treasures" segment, where we discuss the experience of an Illuminations Cruise.

I also came back with an exclusive interview with Mark Seppala, Senior Design Manager for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. If you've ever purchased a souvenir, decoration, seasonal piece, home decorations, art or collectible, chances are he had a hand (literally) in creating it. He shares fascinating stories about his career at Disney, some of the legendary artists and animators he met, the process of creating merchandise and Disney pins, and even offers tips and suggestions for someone looking to join the Disney Design Group.

Of course, I will cover this week's Walt Disney World News and Views, as well as take a trip to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, where we look at some rumors about merchandise, FASTPASS, Soarin' and more.

Be sure to stay tuned for some listener voicemails at the very end of the show.

Thank you again for tuning in, and just sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums at DisneyWorldTrivia.com.Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Hey Lou, I can't find the Project Tomorrow audio that u said u put up in the Download section... Is it there?
    Last edited by Spaced Out Dude; 05-27-2007 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Increase the size
    Aly & AJ's Insomniatic- Now Available at all stores & Amazon.com!!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Sorry about that - the file has been uploaded and added to the Downloads section. Thanks for posting the notes for me!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Lou,
    I just listened to the show, and it was great. I loved that interview with Mark since I'm a big pin collector. Once again, keep up the great work!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just got it downloaded im going to listen to it tomorrow.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Awesome Show! I always enjoy it! My favorite part is always the WDW Rumor Mill!

~2000~
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

ADR -- it becomes the backbone of the trip

I'm headed to WDW in less than two weeks for Star Wars Weekends. Aside from that event, we have planned our trip around our dining plan reservations. So if we have a reservation for an Epcot restaurant one night, we're headed to Epcot that day (or at least that afternoon).

I booked all my reservations 6 months ago and got everything I wanted (including Royal Table). It can be done, it just requires a lot of advance planning. Be sure to use sites like this to get info on extra magic hours and key refurbs. That helps you plan the trip.

Lou -- thanks for a great show, as always!
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the trip report; we'll be there in 4 weeks and we found your comments very helpful. Thanks, especially, for the advice to engage the Million Dreams cast members. In general, I'm more interested in seeing them do their magic than in getting a cert ourselves (thanks to going so often and taking a veeery meandering way through the parks when we go). It's great to hear how much fun you had at Muppetvision 3-D.

Looking forward to more good stuff down the road from the trip from both you and Jeff! I can't imagine what 6 hours on Main Street would be like! How long do you envision the Main Street section of your audio tour to be?

Now a question for everyone else ('cause I'm too lazy . . . errr . . . strapped for time to look it up myself): are there Illumination Cruises that can be joined, or is it done on just a full charter situation?

Thanks Lou!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Why am I always hungry after listening to WDW Radio?
    Another great show. The interview with Mark Seppala was really interesting. I had to laugh when Mark spoke of not remembering whether a particular design was one of his. I've had the same thing happen to me; people have showed me pictures of items that I made for them I didn't remember making the gift. The number of things that have come out of my craft room doesn't come close to what has come off of his design table.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder

How about laugh factory?

Lou or Jeff,
    Did you check out the new Monster's Laugh Factory attraction during your recent trip?? Just curious about your thoughts?

Edited; Jeff, I just read your blog. Thanks

Dave in Paramus
    Last edited by BWDave; 05-29-2007 at 02:57 PM.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Yes, but we actually forgot to talk about it. After two hours of editing the trip report audio and only shaving off four minutes, we decided the Laugh Floor review would have to be nixed rather than recording another segment and rambling on about it for God-knows-how long
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    No problem Lou, I was just curious. I was actually in Fla recently and stopped by the MK to check it out. I thought it was pretty good, the kids in the audience really loved it. I can't wait to take my kids on it in July.

Dave

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder

Talking

Another great show. I wish I had been a small fly just flying around behind Lou & Jeff as they toured Adventureland. However, even as a fly, I wouldn't be able to spend six hours on Main Street. I'd spend way too much money!

The interview with Mark Seppala was so interesting and I was actually pretty excited to hear him speak of "the danglers" souveniers. I happen to have one of those hanging in the window of my car and I absolutely love it. Of course, it's not the cool Mickey parachute dangler, but Minnie Mouse swinging on a swing. She's one of the best souveniers I have ever purchased. She hasn't shrunk or faded like a T-shirt and I get to see and enjoy it everyday

It was a great interview and I was one of those people staring at my iPod completely agog at the thought of a whole bag of Disney pins.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou,

I couldn't stop laughing when Jeff and you were telling the monorail story. I'm glad I wasn't driving!!! I was so jealous of the geek level that I wish I was there in WDW with the both of you.

Wait, there's a thought...an auction for your DreamTeam and the winner gets to spend the day at WDW with Jeff and Lou.

As always, another great show! Thanks for all the hard work.
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just finally got done listening to it. Am i the only one excited about the new animal kingdom merchandise.

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Definitely not!! I'm very excited about it, too! I know most people aren't thrilled with AK but my DH and I love it! We both love animals and do what we can to support conservation. Our hallway is decorated in an African theme with all items purchased at AK. I can't wait to see the new releases! I loved the segment with Lou and Jeff. It would have been way too much fun to be privvy to them "geeking out" at Adventureland!!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast