Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Harry Potter Theme Park in the The WDW Radio Show forums; The Harry Potter land is going into Universal's Islands of Adventure theme park in Orlando. Which is right next door to Universal Studios. ~Bryan~...
    kik4adog is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Harry Potter land is going into Universal's Islands of Adventure theme park in Orlando. Which is right next door to Universal Studios.

~Bryan~

yodagirl94 is offline A-Ticket holder

big mistake..

From what I heard, Disney was offered the deal with Harry Potter but they turned it down. They said that they got enough grief about Winnie the Pooh because technically its not DISNEY so they didnt want to use anymore of work that wasnt their's . I do wish they had gotten it, but I do have to give them props for being so original.
    -Megan
    Host of the Neverland News Podcast
    http://web.mac.com/robinczajka/iWeb/...News/Home.html

"Everyone has heard of Ford cars. But have they heard of Henry Ford, who started it all? Walt Disney World is in memory of the man who started it all, so people will know his name as long as Walt Disney World is here."

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by yodagirl94 View Post
    From what I heard, Disney was offered the deal with Harry Potter but they turned it down. They said that they got enough grief about Winnie the Pooh because technically its not DISNEY so they didnt want to use anymore of work that wasnt their's . I do wish they had gotten it, but I do have to give them props for being so original.
    That's odd since Disney has taken intellectual properties of others (ie. Peter Pan, Cinderella, Tarzan, etc) and have made them their own. I think a "Harry Potter Park" would have been a wonderful addition to MGM studios to go along with Star Tours, The Muppets and Indiana Jones.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

gunterk is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcot View Post

It's interesting to note that the contract with Universal runs 10 years with 2 five-year renewal options. Even Universal is hedging their bets.

I am not sure if it is Universal hedging their bets, or JKR hedging her bet that Universal can sustain the "quality" and upkeep needed to keep her vision of the characters alive. I have a feeling the HP universe will be around a very long time (think of Wizard of Oz, LOTR, and Narina those have had fans for years even though the books were out decades ago).

I just think JKR might want to see how Universal treats her creative work for a shorter time frame before she extends it even further. And truth be told good for her. I mean look at the Spider-man ride and how that is already showing wear and tear, and it isn't that old.
    Last edited by gunterk; 06-21-2007 at 09:25 AM.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Was Disney offered the harry Potter "contract" first or is that just a myth?
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

yodagirl94 is offline A-Ticket holder
    no its true.
    -Megan
    Host of the Neverland News Podcast
    http://web.mac.com/robinczajka/iWeb/...News/Home.html

"Everyone has heard of Ford cars. But have they heard of Henry Ford, who started it all? Walt Disney World is in memory of the man who started it all, so people will know his name as long as Walt Disney World is here."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12