Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show 17 - June 3, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World information Station , hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #17 for ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show 17 - June 3, 2007

Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #17 for the week of June 3, 2007.

This week's show starts off with some News and Views from Walt Disney World, which includes more new Disney merchandise, Star Wars and Muppets – and that's just in one story alone! My visit to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill includes more FASTPASS updates, a possible change to the Jungle Cruise and more bus system updates.

Jeff Pepper and I take a different type of trip in the Wayback Machine as we celebrate Goofy’s 75th birthday with a look at his history in animation, and his presence through the years in and around the Walt Disney World Resort.

Shontell Crawford and I examine the "Best DVC Indulgence" in this week's Best of the Best Segment.

This week's Hidden Treasure of Walt Disney World involves a secret character spot and freebie!

I'll also answer your emails, which includes vacation planning information, resort advice, anniversary ideas and the Platinum Package, the old Walt Disney World A-E ticketing system, Disney DVDs and more. Be sure to stay tuned for some listener voicemails at the very end of the show.

Thank you again for tuning in, so just sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums at DisneyWorldTrivia.com.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Haha, just heard the cake hotline number :P

I'm currently listening
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    show's good so far. only at minute 11 right now. Going to have to listen to the wdwtoday live show in fifteen minutes. (oh Lou!)
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

LordofStitch is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou, you read my email. I'm Steven, the one who wished you and Jonathan luck during the half marathon. Keep up the amazing work!!! You are truly tan asset to the WDW Community. Too bad you aren't coming, me and Cat were planning on buying youy a lifetime suply of Dole-whp (sp)... LOL. Take care, and see you at the next Disney Meet in '08!

MKEPCOTMGMAK is offline A-Ticket holder
    Another great show!

Just wanted to say that even though I am not a Star Wars junkie, I do love the Muppets and those Muppet Star Wars character are wonderful. The Beaker one is classic!

Question - I heard Lou mention on an earlier podcast( I think) that he had done a piece about the queue at MuppetVision. Is that true and if so what episode was it? Thanks and keep up the good work.

Poker player I take it Lou?

jeffcot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Ah, the MuppetVision segment--that was quite the historic occasion--the first time Lou and I did a segment together. That appeared on the last full episode of MouseTunes from January 28th of this year. You can find it either on iTunes or at the MouseTunes website. It was a fun piece and I did a series of blog posts tying into it as well. Take a look under the Theme Parkeology category at 2719 Hyperion.
    Jeff Pepper
    Author of 2719 Hyperion
    Disney World Trivia.com and WDW Radio Show Contributor

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Regarding the listener who asked about the old A, B, C, D, E tickets: On my last trip down, I immediately got my friend hooked on Pin Trading, and she started trading with every cast member she could find. At one point, she traded for what she thought was some sort of "Disney Dollars" pin. When I took a closer look at it though, I realized it was a representation of an old A ticket! I thought that was very cool, so I traded her for it immediately, and kept my eye out for any others. Alas I didn't find B through E, but you can see what they look like at PinPics:
    http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group...2502&pin=34265 (A)
    http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group...2502&pin=34266 (B)
    http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group...2502&pin=34267 (C)
    http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group...2502&pin=34268 (D)
    http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group...2502&pin=34269 (E)

These are all cast-lanyard exclusively, so you can't buy them at the shops or stands. Trades only!

Thanks for the answer Jeff. I only see shows going back to February 11 on both the WDW radio site and Itunes. Would the podcast have been under another name - I know Lou use to do another podcast? Thanks.

Jeff your website is just the best. Your attention to detail and then tying that detail into Disney history is just amazing. The items you post on your site from the parks such as signs is great and has given me a new way to approach the parks next time I go. I have been enough times that I like to slow down and look for details but your site has inspired me to look even closer. Keep up the great work on your site and with Lou!

In the words of the annoying kid from the Hepburn/Grant movie "Charade" - " I found it, I found it." Sorry what I mean is I answered my own question and found the Muppets episode on Lou's previous podcast Mousetunes. Can't wait to listen!

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Regarding the listener who asked about the old A, B, C, D, E tickets: On my last trip down, I immediately got my friend hooked on Pin Trading, and she started trading with every cast member she could find. At one point, she traded for what she thought was some sort of "Disney Dollars" pin. When I took a closer look at it though, I realized it was a representation of an old A ticket! I thought that was very cool, so I traded her for it immediately, and kept my eye out for any others. Alas I didn't find B through E
    I have seen these on ebay a lot - you should be able to pick them up there.
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Loved the show Lou....!!! First episode I have listened to!!! Booked marked wdwradio.com and also loved Jeff's segment and went and checked out his blog too! Good stuff from the both of you... look forward to the next show!
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks guys for showing some love for my man Goofy!!!

Lou, love the WDWToday joke during the email segment!!!
    Last edited by djrmusic; 06-05-2007 at 10:56 PM.
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Listening to the show fun as always! One of my favorite places Goofy can be found in the Magic Kingdom is in Fantasyland - he makes the seating announcements before Mickey's Philharmagic!
    Last edited by mrp4352; 06-06-2007 at 10:06 AM. Reason: rewrite! :-)
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

QuickGold is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Oh, the great Lou answered an email late! Now when I answer an email late I can just say "Well, Mongello answers his emails late too"

WV_Jayola is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well, this is my first post! Hello everyone! I am Jeff from Princeton (I was the voice mail on this show that was talking about the Three Caballeros). I have been lurking on the pages for a long time, but just now decided to start posting. Any other WV disney fans here?

jeff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast