Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show 18 - June 10, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Many thanks to Jonathan and Jeff for the great segments this week! Jonathan, did you know that David Ogden Stiers also did the voice over for the intro for both ...
    djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Many thanks to Jonathan and Jeff for the great segments this week!

Jonathan, did you know that David Ogden Stiers also did the voice over for the intro for both the movie and broadway version of 'Beauty'?

Jeff, I don't remember seeing that last tombstone during my last Oct 2006 visit. Do you have a picture??? (wink wink)

Lou, loved the "SCOPA" at the end of the show. I was wondering when you were going to respond. Can't wait to hear "TESTA" or "HOCHBERG" or "NEWELL" Scopa is still correct - there's always room for "Mon-jello!"
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

jeffcot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Well Dave, since you mentioned it . . .

Jeff Pepper
    Author of 2719 Hyperion
    Disney World Trivia.com and WDW Radio Show Contributor

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Jeff,

You're just too good!!! Sorry didn't see it on your blog.
    Last edited by djrmusic; 06-13-2007 at 11:47 PM.
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

jeffcot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey Dave--

You didn't miss it--I added it to the blog post the same time I posted it here. It was truly inspired by you inquiry, lol.
    Jeff Pepper
    Author of 2719 Hyperion
    Disney World Trivia.com and WDW Radio Show Contributor

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    I listened to the end of this episode while I was falling asleep and all of a sudden I heard the " SCOPA sign off. Boy, that freaked me out!!!
    I was thinking, maybe you should sign off with "A POCS" (Scopa backwards). Just like in that movie (Amityville Horror?) where the phase was "RED RUM".
    (murder backwards).

Dave in Paramus

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BWDave View Post
    I listened to the end of this episode while I was falling asleep and all of a sudden I heard the " SCOPA sign off. Boy, that freaked me out!!!
    I was thinking, maybe you should sign off with "A POCS" (Scopa backwards). Just like in that movie (Amityville Horror?) where the phase was "RED RUM".
    (murder backwards).

Dave in Paramus
    Wasn't REDRUM from The Shining?

And yes, that SCOPA freaked me out, but you should have heard the Mongello at the end of WDW Today. Sort of cryptic too!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    That's right, The Shining.

vegasman2000 is offline A-Ticket holder

Rivalry?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcot View Post
    The answer lies in a humorous rivalry of sorts with the guys over at the WDW Today podcast. Take a listen to a few of their shows (trust me, it won't take you long, if podcasts were queue lines, WDW Today would be the TTA), you'll quickly begin to understand the reference.
    What is the source of the rivalry? I listen to the podcasts, and am relatively new to them, so have no background in it. I do hear lots of snarky comments though.... So I am very curious. It seems good-natured most times, but every once in a while it seems a bit harsh.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    It's all in good fun I can assure you. Don't know how it got started (I think it was Matt taking shots at my height, the length of my shows, etc.), but I do consider all those guys good friends (don't tell Hochberg) :)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    It's all in good fun I can assure you. Don't know how it got started (I think it was Matt taking shots at my height, the length of my shows, etc.), but I do consider all those guys good friends (don't tell Hochberg) :)
    I think I'd rather have "height issues" than ornithoscelidaphobia!

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12