Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show 18 - June 10, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #18 for the ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show 18 - June 10, 2007

Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #18 for the week of June 10, 2007.

We'll start off as always with some News and Views from Walt Disney World, where I talk about FASTPASS and Western Way. The Walt Disney World Rumor Mill is full of rumors from the Disney-MGM Studios which includes Star Tours, Halloween and more. I also have BREAKING rumors about changes to room rates and policies in 2008, changes at the Contemporary Resort, including more rumors about what the new tower building will be, and news about the Legendary Years at Pop Century.

Jonathan Dichter has another Voices Behind the Magic segment, and Jeff Pepper sent in a solo Disney Scene Investigation of some creepy old crypts.

Mike Scopa and I cover another Best of the Best at Walt Disney World. Once again, it revolves around food, and this time, it's the best "Bang for the Buck" meal on property, and it might not be where you’re thinking!

One of Walt Disney World's Hidden Treasures can be found in Liberty Square, and has not only historical significance, but it's own interesting history and story behind it.

This week's email segment has questions about the Treehouse Villas, Pop Century’s Legendary Years, medical care at WDW, leaving the kids at home while you play in Disney, a very special tree near Disney’s Animal Kingdom and more.

I also introduce a new contest this week, where you have to use your eyes instead of your ears!

Be sure to stay to the end for the outro and your voicemails, so sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    so sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show!
    Okey dokey, artichokey.
    They call me "Nana"

Honeymooners is offline A-Ticket holder
    WHOO HOO Legendary Years at Pop Century!!!

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sounds great!

I love these shows with tons of rumors and variety! What? Okay fine! I love every show!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I almost swerved off the road at the beginning of the Voices Behind the Magic segment.... David Ogden Stiers portrayed MAJOR Charles Emerson Winchester III, not "MAYOR". Darn J and Y being so close on the keyboard! :-)

I'm extremely curious to know why Lou gasped SCOPA at the end of the podcast. Was that in answer to the prior voicemail regarding Celebration, FL?

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

jeffcot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The answer lies in a humorous rivalry of sorts with the guys over at the WDW Today podcast. Take a listen to a few of their shows (trust me, it won't take you long, if podcasts were queue lines, WDW Today would be the TTA), you'll quickly begin to understand the reference.
    Last edited by jeffcot; 06-11-2007 at 09:31 PM.
    Jeff Pepper
    Author of 2719 Hyperion
    Disney World Trivia.com and WDW Radio Show Contributor

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    it is mocking what len and scopa do at the end of wdw today having the last second "Mongello" at the end of the podcast
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Jedi_Galvatron is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcot View Post
    The answer lies in a humorous rivalry of sorts with the guys over at the WDW Today podcast. Take a listen to a few of their shows (trust me, it won't take you long, if podcasts were queue lines, WDW Today would be the TTA), you'll quickly begin to understand the reference.
    Indeed. Usually at the end of a WDW Today podcast (at least lately) "Mongello" can be heard being said at a whisper just before the show transitions into it's final "commercial". Scopa and others have also used other jokes such as a hillarious (sorry Lou) take on Jello commercials of old, "there's always room for mon-jello". I love both podcasts and they both offer every different looks at the Disney magic.

Grizzpyre is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Here's the funny part. I know it was MAJOR Charles Winchester III. I even SAID Major. You just HEARD Mayor. Yeah - that's it.
    Co-Host of the All About the Mouse Podcast
    "The Voice of WDW Radio"
    "The Voice of Shandy"
    "The Voice of MouseTunes"

visit http://voiceofmousetunes.blogspot.com for info on my weight loss goals - and my charitable contributions to the Dream Team

visit http://www.allaboutthemouse.com

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    hehehe. Of course I did. :-)

Regardless, it was a great segment. I knew of course that he was the voice of Cogsworth, and had a floating nugget of knowledge that he was in Pocahontas and Lilo & Stitch as well, but I had no idea that he was actually two voices in Pocahontas, nor that he was in the Hunchback of Notre Dam. And really, it's pretty amazing hearing his singing voice - looking at him in old episodes of M*A*S*H, I'd never have expected him to be able to sing well at all.

Thanks for the answer everyone. I just started listening to WDW Today after Matt was on WDW Radio discussing MGM Studios. I have yet to catch up to the newer shows. I figured I'd start at the beginning of the year. The shows are very brief, but they fill that time with some really good info. I'll have to jump ahead a little to the newer shows to hear all the whispers.

So Jeff, if WDW Today is like the TTA then WDW Radio must be Splash Mountain on a really hot day!

That's not a crack against the shows length Lou as I really like the 1+ hour show as it totally works with my long train commutes each day! Your show fills one whole ride and believe me, after 20 years of commuting, I really need for these train rides to be less boring. Same scenery day after day after day...

Berdo is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's nice to hear that construction will continue on pop century legendary years. It should be great.
    search youtube with pop century for some footage on it.
    I also love the graves at the haunted mansion. I would always read them as a child while visiting MK.

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou,
    In regard to the question about you working as a CM, I think the best job for you is to succeed Dave Smith (Disney’s archivist). Then again, maybe you would be better “on stage”, how about the Mayor on Main Street?

Keep up the good work,
    Dave in Paramus

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Lou....your DVC source wouldn't happen to be the same source that had you claiming that they were going to build a DVC resort at the STOLPORT would it?

Did you say Post 9-lesbian?

Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast