Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Show 19: Dinoland, USA in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Lou, I loved your discussion about Dinoland on the show, because there are so many sight gags in Dinoland. One of my favorites in the area is on the dashboard ...
    AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears

Show 19: Dinoland, USA

Lou, I loved your discussion about Dinoland on the show, because there are so many sight gags in Dinoland. One of my favorites in the area is on the dashboard of every car in the carnival. McDonald's trash. Since a "generous grant" was provdied, there are alot of McD's water coolers and fryboxes strew about.

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Until hearing this DSI, I have been one of those who hated Dinoland with the exception of Dinosaur and the Restaurantosaurus character breakfast. The best I can say is that I will reserve judgement until my next trip when I will take a closer look at Dinoland. Thanks again to Lou and Jeff for another great DSI!!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

gunterk is offline A-Ticket holder
    I grew up in the Detroit area, and in the late 70's my younger brother and I would love going to Irish Hills. Irish Hills had several road side attractions like Stagecoach Stop, Mystery Hill, and Prehistoric Forest. In Prehistoric Forest you rode a tram around and could shoot your toy gun at dinosaurs that "popped" out at you. This was my dinosaur fix when I was a kid. Chester and Hester's reminds me of that and brings back great memories, and for that reason I love Dinoland USA.

I LOVED, LOVED the backstory segment. Please to more backstory segments on other lands.

pasant is offline A-Ticket holder
    I hated, hated, hated, hated, hated Dinoland USA. Until I heard the show today... I can not wait until our trip in October to tour this land as I had no idea on the theme and backstory. Wow... you want to take about turning a non-believer... AWESOME work.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou and Jeff, this was an amazing segment. I've been to Animal Kingdom about 4 or 5 times now and never once caught the story. I didn't realize there was any semblance of a story. I do distinctly remember seeing the gas pump in the gift shop and the old-style phone booth and Coke machine outside, but I didn't have a clue why they were there. I ate at Restaurantosaurus, and didn't understand what the theming was supposed to be. I'm not convinced that the storyline makes up for having Dinorama in Walt Disney World in the first place, but I am now much more appreciative of the area, and I can't wait to look at Dinoland USA in a new light when I head back down in August. Thank you very much for opening my eyes!

MMills3874 is offline A-Ticket holder
    This segment was very well done, very informative.

Since its opening, it seems Animal Kingdon has always gotten a bad rap. I couldn't agree more with Lou when he says you really need to slow down and enjoy the park.

The whole park is so rich in detail. I think too many people just rush by and never really appreciate how beautifully detailed this park is.

On my last trip to WDW my family took its time walking the trails leading to discovery island, enjoying the animal exhibits. The trails in Africa and Asia are fantastic.

I encourage everyone to take some time and really enjoy this park as it was meant to be. It's not a "half-day park" when you devote time to enjoy all the details.

jeffcot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey everyone--

I just posted some pics on the blog of a few of the items Lou and I referenced in the segment. Take a look when you get a chance!

2719 HYPERION: Diggin' in Dinoland
    Jeff Pepper
    Author of 2719 Hyperion
    Disney World Trivia.com and WDW Radio Show Contributor

8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou,
    I had my first visit to Dinoland last December. I was prepared for the worst, since I had heard words like "tacky" and "quick way to fill space," but I actually loved it. I wasn't aware of all the subtle gags, but I got the road-side stop idea and it did send me back to my childhood days of driving from Colorado to Iowa every Christmas and from Colorado to California every summer. My dad was one of those "stop and see it" kind of guys, and Chester and Hester's didn't seem unrealistic to me at all!! Anyhow, thanks for all the trivia about the place and the great details. Can't wait to go back!

CinderellaPug is offline A-Ticket holder
    This was a great segment. I have always enjoyed Dinoland even though I wasn't aware of the entire back-story the Imagineers have created. I can't wait to go back and look around Dinoland.
    You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far.
    Please stand up before exiting. Bye-bye
    Wait a minute I love that idea!

acclauss is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou & Jeff - I haven't posted on this forum before, but I just had to tell you how much I loved your segment on Dinoland. I have always liked Dinoland & your segments now gives me some justifications! I can't wait to get back to WDW to check everything out!!

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Loved the segment lou. dinoland is one of my favorite parts of AK.

JPG54 is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation AK Rocks!

Lou,
    Just wanted to tell you and Jeff that AK is one of my family's favorite parks. WE really enjoy Dinoland and it's theming. However, you gave us some great trivia to look for on our upcoming trip. That's one of the many things we LOVE about WDW......You never run out of new things to discover!!
    Pat-Charter D23 Member
    Premium Pass Holders

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hi Lou..Hi Jeff-
    Just love listening to you guys! I giggle while I'm working out at the gym while I listen! Anyway-glad you cleared up a lot about Dinoland..I just knew there had to be more behind it! Thanks for the great info!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Ok, I'm with the rest...never was that thrilled with Dinoland but can't wait to the next trip now. Thanx for the details on this land..will be looking more on he next trip. The boneyard always did have one of my favorite sudtle hidden mickey's - the groun around the drinking fountain

Dale-not-Chip is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Wonderful segment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast