Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show 19 - June 17, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World information Station , hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #19 for ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show 19 - June 17, 2007

Welcome back to The WDW Radio Show – Your Walt Disney World information Station, hosted by Lou Mongello. Thanks for tuning in once again. This is Show #19 for the week of June 17, 2007.

Our News and Views from Walt Disney World segment includes talk about the first change to the Haunted Mansion, and new handheld devices available in the parks. Our visit to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill includes a rumor about a possible corporate partnership and new retail location in Walt Disney World, and some nearly-news about the Contemporary Resort and BIG changes coming to resorts property-wide.

This week's show will include some guests who will join me for some segments. First, Jeff Pepper and I conduct a detailed Disney Scene Investigation in Disney’s Animal Kingdom; and Gary Chambers from the MouseLounge podcast joins me to look at a Hidden Treasure of Walt Disney World on Main Street, USA. I'll also take a quick look at the Year of a Million Dreams promotion, and update you on some of the statistics and fun facts. Jeff comes back to talk about one of Disney’s forgotten character’s connection to Walt Disney World.

The topics in this week's email segment include Cirque du Soleil La Nouba, technology in the theme parks, the Backlot Theater, E-Ride Nights, young children in Walt Disney World and more!

Stay tuned for a special announcement from Jonathan Dichter at the end of the show, so sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    This week's show will include some guests who will join me for some segments. First, Jeff Pepper and I conduct a detailed Disney Scene Investigation in Disney’s Animal Kingdom; and Gary Chambers from the MouseLounge podcast joins me to look at a Hidden Treasure of Walt Disney World on Main Street, USA. I'll also take a quick look at the Year of a Million Dreams promotion, and update you on some of the statistics and fun facts. Jeff comes back to talk about one of Disney’s forgotten character’s connection to Walt Disney World.

I really don't mind Dinoland...the kids like Triceratop Spin and I think Primeval Whirl is a vastly underated ride. I think it's pretty well themed and it's....FUN. We don't do the "carney games". I think WDI did a fine job with the theming of the area....it looks the way it is because IT'S SUPPOSED TO.

The segment with Gary was very nice....I like Gary's podcast...and he's a great guy too.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    I’d like to raise a glass of Safari Amber to Lou & Jeff for giving Animal Kingdom & Dinoland some overdue credit.

I always like walking around that part of the park, maybe I’m just fond of the underdog (after all, I am a long suffering Jets fan).

Good work guys,

Dave in Paramus

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Humphrey Hop!!

One of the great, underutilized Disney tunes!

I prefer the version with the bears cleaning the park from the cartoon, though: First you pick it up, then you put it in the bag (bump, bump)
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I always like walking around that part of the park, maybe I’m just fond of the underdog (after all, I am a long suffering Jets fan).

Ouch. I am a die-hard Steelers fan but you gotta love Curtis - My Favorite Martin!!!! Their day is coming!!!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

WV_Jayola is offline A-Ticket holder
    Is there a reason that this show isn't showing up on my Itunes Store to download? I'm dying to hear it, but it's just....not......there.

it shows the newest show as 6/10/2006...

HELP!

jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by MissFlaversham View Post

Ouch. I am a die-hard Steelers fan but you gotta love Curtis - My Favorite Martin!!!! Their day is coming!!!
    Thanks for the football encouragement !!!!!

Dave in Paramus

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Jayola View Post
    Is there a reason that this show isn't showing up on my Itunes Store to download? I'm dying to hear it, but it's just....not......there.

it shows the newest show as 6/10/2006...

HELP!

jeff.

Jeff,
    when this happens to me. I UNSUBSCRIBE and then SUBSCRIBE again. Hope it helps.

Dave

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou and Jeff,

Great segment on DinoLand. I don't know why it gets such a bad rap (or the AK). I love that park and its slower pace.
    Dave R
    DJRMusic