Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Computers in the Contemporary in the The WDW Radio Show forums; At the end of April I stayed in the CT and had the computer with free internet access in my room. The computer was what I call an all-in-oneder. The ...
    animalkngdomguy is offline A-Ticket holder

Computers in the Contemporary

At the end of April I stayed in the CT and had the computer with free internet access in my room. The computer was what I call an all-in-oneder. The CPU and monitor were in one unit. While the computer provided internet access, there was not ability to store data or utilize some websites that require plug-ins or helper programs. At the time of our stay we had access to checking room charges, looking up information such as times, schedules and making room service or host keeping requests. There were no ADR, fast pass or other rumored content. I had a personal laptop that I brought for business and was pleasantly surprised when I plugged into the spare data port and received free internet access on this unit aswell. Overall I would reccommend the Disney computer for conceierge service, reading or answering emails via a web service ie. yahoo.com etc. but I would caution guests that require an actual full computer with all the freedom to load software, accept plug-ins and have access to business or leisure software should bring a laptop.

Final word. This is a great step forward!

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I'd still rather have my laptop and free internet access. I need it to store my pictures and check our email.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.