Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Interactive Park Toys in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hi Lou, love the podcast. I just wanted to add my comments on your take about possible interactive devices in the park ( Nintendo, etc). I completly agree that the ...
    WDW Junkie is offline A-Ticket holder

Interactive Park Toys

Hi Lou, love the podcast. I just wanted to add my comments on your take about possible interactive devices in the park ( Nintendo, etc). I completly agree that the parks are great places for families to spend time interacting with each other and not Gameboys.

We however, have been adopted by a Pal Mickey. He has made three trips to the World in the past three years. My son, now 10, enjoys carrying him around and sharing the information that Mickey shares with him. He not only shares with us, but also those standing near us. In fact, the only time he will stop in between rides is when Mickey has something to say. So, at least in our case, having an electronic device in the park in not a distraction, it actually adds to the fun!

Maybe if Disney offers more advanced options, the kids might even get to enjoy more of those details that so many of them go right past. Also, if they have screens with information printed on them, it might even encourage some reading and learning while on vacation! ( please don't let your kids see this)

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    My take on this....

In most cases I would agree with you. In our family, we have 3 kids....with our oldest, he only played with his Nintendo waiting for parades or on the trip to WDW or home. We bring the GameBoy now for the two younger kids. Our daughter rarely plays with it...she wants to take it all in. But with our other son...standing in line for more than 10 minutes can be an issue....he had Asperger's with ADD. For him, having the GameBoy along is a godsend...it keeps him occupied while in line. He can only play it while in line, waiting for a parade and ocassionally after meals while we're still eating.

Like I said...in most cases I'd agree with you Lou...but a blanket statement being against it doesn't always work.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

DisneyDiva345 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I completely agree with you Lou. I think it is very distracting. When I was a child it wasn't even an option and we were just fine. I wouldn't have liked it if we had the option, because I would have lost out on that quality time with my family. I can't tell you how many families I've seen who don't speak to each other while waiting in lines, they all pull out their cell phones and play games or text their friends. What a waste, they miss everything.