Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Man's Man Disney Addict Support Thread in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I think we need our own logo. Looks like we already have a support group....
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I think we need our own logo. Looks like we already have a support group.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

andyznuff is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi, my name is Andy and I am a dude's dude. I love 70 's classic rock [ KISS, Zepp ] Play guitar and drums ,Watch Drop Inn, Viva La Bam , ******* and Ninja Warrior , am gainfully employed, got my own pad ,got the girlfriend thing happinin' ,AND I AM A DISNEY ADDICT!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    I think we need our own logo. Looks like we already have a support group.
    Maybe financial support so we can get more Disney in our lives!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Logo sounds good... "support group" meetings in WDW... sign me up!!!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Maybe financial support so we can get more Disney in our lives!
    I'll second that!
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    Logo sounds good... "support group" meetings in WDW... sign me up!!!!!
    I like that idea too. Now about that fininacial support...

How about a logo with a silhouette of a "man", head held high, arms crossed, Mickey standing by his knee, all in front of Cinderella Castle?

fentonian is offline A-Ticket holder
    Another male Disney fanatic checking in.
    Ulitimate litmus test for you love of Disney? Your wife buys you a Mickey antenna topper for the car you drive every day. Do you use it?
    (I'm ashamed to admit...I'm too chicken to put it on my car) However, on our last trip down I did buy the entire disney fan decal family (including little dog) and couldn't wait to put it on the rear window of my wife's minivan. When my friends laugh and raise their eyebrows, I just say.. my wife's a disney fanatic... what can I do?!?!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    I can't believe I just found this thread!!! I can echo about 9/10ths of what you guys are sayin'!!! The only thing different with myself and some of you guys is that I don't even bother trying to hide it!!! I LOVE disney and everyone knows it!!! At the office when they bring new employees in to meet me the new employee usually says something like " Wow, look at all the Disney stuff! " I have many souvenirs as well as Disney animation art. I haven't done as much huntin' & fishin' as I have in years past, but I can replace a fill-valve for a toilet or brake pads on my DW's mini-van like it is second nature. Why they still tease me about that sometimes at the office I'll never know! They have a lifetime warranty and their replaced for free and it only takes me 30 - 40 mins. to put them on!!! I've also replaced a water heater,garbage disposal,dishwasher,stove & etc. I guess we've all pretty much said the same thing really. Buck up for your family & get things done but also don't forget to be an old softy sometimes!!! Our Disney memories are some of our greatest!!!!! Luckily I am fortunate that my DW & DK's LOVE it as much as the ol' man!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    let's have a Motto & Logo contest, everyone submit a Motto and Logo suggestion and we could choose one by acclaim.

Logo: I Like Disney 05's suggestion

Motto: Of Mouse and Men (sorry Steinbeck)
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Count me in as well! I am a 37 year old father of two boys (ages 4 and 20 months). I have been a WDW nut all of my life. There's no hiding it.
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Count me as one of those Manly men Disney Fans who is a Cleveland Browns fan who has cried like a baby while holding his two little girls on the monorail as they clapped and cheered when they saw the Castle! I had my sunglasses on but you could see the tears as they ran down my face
    Yes!!! When we were at WDW in July and watching Wishes I was catching glimpses of the joy in my DW & DK's faces while at the same time trying to discreetly wipe away tears!!! Darn show gets me EVERY time!!! GAAWWWRSSHHHH!!!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Re: Man's Man Disney Addict Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fentonian View Post
    However, on our last trip down I did buy the entire disney fan decal family (including little dog) and couldn't wait to put it on the rear window of my wife's minivan. When my friends laugh and raise their eyebrows, I just say.. my wife's a disney fanatic... what can I do?!?!
    This is a really old thread, but I wondered if these decals are still sold at WDW? I've seen a couple of cars this week with them in the back window and would like to add them to my car. I know the Laughing Place has them, but I was hoping to find them without having to pay postage.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    This is a really old thread, but I wondered if these decals are still sold at WDW? I've seen a couple of cars this week with them in the back window and would like to add them to my car. I know the Laughing Place has them, but I was hoping to find them without having to pay postage.
    Yes they still make them. I think they price for about $3.50 at the World. Maybe if you know someone who's going they can pick it up for you.

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...

I am also one these guys. I love just about everything Disney- parks, movies, music, etc. I also hide my passion to those outside of the family, with the exception of my Stitch antenna topper and the multiple pictures of the family at WDW on my desk at work. I too have similar skills and interests- home improvement, automotive, sports, beer drinking. My iPod isn't crammed, not for lack of trying, but because I have a 160 GB Classic that will take awhile to fill up. However, it does contain many, many Disney tracks (same with my work computer- shhhhhh!), a 40 second clip of the end of Wishes with my son and I watching the show, the "Hot Dog Dance" song played at the end of Mickey Mouse clubhouse, Mickey Mouse cartoons, and the home movie of our last trip to WDW. I tend to be a very sentimental person and don't have difficulty "getting something in my eye" whenever I am exposed to something Disney (music, movies, Lou's podcast, stories about other's magical experiences, just thinking about the smiles on my children's faces when they see Mickey...(sniffle...sniffle....)....excuse me for a moment..........Ok, I'm back now.

We're heading down Dec. 1-7 this year and I've been planning the trip since January. I've already got some rough ideas of how I'm going to compile and edit this trip's vacation movie. I've already written a pre-trip blog of everything we're going to do.

I've come to the conclusion that I have an affliction. It's called the "Peter Pan Syndrome". I don't ever want to grow up. I just want to enjoy everything about Disney that makes me feel like I'm 8 again. As long as Disney keeps entertaining me, I'll be 8 until I die.

Thank you Walt

My name's Ken and I'm a Man's Man Disney Addict.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast