Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #20 - June 24, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome back and thanks for tuning in once again to the WDW Radio show. I'm your host Lou Mongello, and this is Show #20 for the week of June 24, ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show #20 - June 24, 2007

Welcome back and thanks for tuning in once again to the WDW Radio show. I'm your host Lou Mongello, and this is Show #20 for the week of June 24, 2007.

News and Views from Walt Disney World includes additional information about the computers at the Contemporary Resort, the queue for Soarin', and a few updates. The Walt Disney World Rumor Mill covers topics such as Disney Dollars, the Wonders of Life pavilion and more.

Jeff Pepper and I take a trip aboard my Walt Disney World Wayback Machine as we continue in our Epcot Retrospective series. This week, we journey back to 1982 and take a detailed look in and around Communicore.

Tim Sampson joins me for another Hidden Treasure of Walt Disney World, and for this one, we'll stay on Main Street, USA.

I announce a new, interactive, and ongoing contest with the help of Eric Hollister that I think you'll enjoy, and one that will benefit the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team Project.

Be sure to stay to the end for your voicemails, so sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums at DisneyWorldTrivia.com.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Another awesome show, excellent segment on Communicore Lou and Jeff, keep up the great work! Looking forward to the mile marker challenges!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Loved the Communicore segment! I was unable to get to WDW for a few years after the change to Innoventions. When I returned, I was very disappointed in what had become of those attractions. Nice to remember them as they were!!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Another great show Lou.

I absolutely loved the Communicore segment with Jeff. I agree, I miss the old Communicore. I find Innoventions to be pretty uninspired. I absolutely dispise the Sega Video game section...it might be better if the games were new games or games that were coming out. My son wants to stop there...if we do...he gets 15-20 minutes.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

mouselounge is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Communicore segment was my favorite too, mostly because I never had the opportunity to see it. For all my trips to WDW, they've been packed into the last three years so I don't Innoventions as anything else. Wonderful use of word imagery to truly paint a picture from the past that no photograph could do justice. Thanks Lou and Jeff!!!!
    Gary Chambers
    The Mouse Lounge Podcast
    http://www.mouselounge.com
    Subscribe to or review the Mouse Lounge Podcast:
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=180696323

8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou -- we loved the show this week. Our first visit to WDW was 1988 and we remembered so many of the details you talked about! Fun!!! Communicore was a cool way to start a visit to Epcot and we definitely miss many things about it.

DisneyMagic71 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Another great show. Loved to go to Commicore and didn't realize how much I miss it till your show. You brought back so many fond memories. Being a teacher, I esp loved the teacher resource center. I could spend hours in there and returned with so much info for my classes. Disney use to send letters to teachers asking them to apply for positions there. Wish I had taken them up on it! Sadly we hardly ever go into Innoventions - if we do, it's just a walk through - maybe 10 - 15 minutes. Ok, guess I'm rambling.......again, thanks Lou. Remember it's still "Lou said...." in our house! LOL!!! See you at Mouse Meets........
    DVC MEMBER!!!!
    I wish we'd never have to grow up! Off to NEVERLAND!!!!!!!
    Remember we must always believe in our wishes...they are the magic in the world!!!
    LOU SAID...............................
    Was at Magic Meets '07, '08 & '09 Had a MAGICAL time!
    First trip 9/72 Contemporary; '78,'80,'82'84,'85, '88,'90,'92,'94,'96,'98,'99,'03,'05,'06,'07,'08
    3/20/08 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge; 8/16/08 WDWWilderness Lodge

1/07/09 WDW MARATHON - Beach Club Villas

6/19/09 WDW Spur of the Moment Trip!! OKW,POFQ, & SS
    8/30/09 - 9/7/09 Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel -DH,DD & I - 5K DD did 1/2 Marathon - Coast to Coast!
    1/10 DD doing half marathon at WDW
    2/2011 - Cruisin' with Lou
    & all the great fans of WDW Radio 1st cruise

VistaWay93 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great Show Lou. I have to admit I was a little bummed to hear about the closing dates for Spaceship Earth being pushed back though. I will be at WDW the week of Oct 22-28. Any chance that they will have soft opening around then?

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Been busy traveling just got the show downloaded i'll try and listen to it today.

Pluto'sPal is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Great show Lou! I really love the hidden treasures segment. Before I even listened to this weeks show, my husband and I had already planned on taking my son for his first haircut at the Harmony Barber shop when we go in December.
    Plus, I don't remember a lot of Epcot from the 80's but as you were duscussing comunicore this week it all started coming back. Thanks!

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Speaking of Harmony Barber Shop, my DH had a hair cut there last December and Michal was his barber - he was absolutely wonderful!!!! The little shop and the cast members who work there are wonderful hidden treasures!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just got done listening last night another great show lou. I think i may have to visit the barbershop in december when i go.