Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast - Show #21 - July 1, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to Show #21 of the WDW Radio Show for the week of July, 2007 , and thanks for tuning in once again. I'm your host Lou Mongello, and I ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast - Show #21 - July 1, 2007

Welcome to Show #21 of the WDW Radio Show for the week of July, 2007 , and thanks for tuning in once again. I'm your host Lou Mongello, and I have a lot of fun segments planned for you this week.

My visit to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill includes discussion and audio evidencing some possible big changes and improvements to the resort and ADR reservation systems, plenty of rumors from the Disney-MGM Studios, an abandoned venue, as well as a possible new addition to Cinderella Castle, and the Canada pavilion in World Showcase.

Eric Hollister and I introduce the first of our Walt Disney World Marathon Contest challenges, and I announce the winner of our first " Where in the World Have You Seen This?" Contest.

I announce the next in our 7 Wonders of Walt Disney World series - the Walt Disney World monorail , and discuss with Jeff Pepper its origins, technology, fun facts and intangible qualities that make it a true wonder.

Fred Block's Magic Meet event is coming up soon, and once again he was kind enough to allow us to hold our DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team Project charity auction to benefit the Make a Wish Foundation of America. Pat Whitson joins me to talk about the auction, some of the amazing items and experiences which are included, as well as how the generosity of so many Disney fans will once again help make a seriously-ill child’s wish come true to visit Walt Disney World.

Gary Chambers joins me for another Hidden Treasure of Walt Disney World , this time in Epcot.

This week's email segment talks about handheld technology in the parks, July 4 fireworks in WDW, Adventureland then and now, Seasonal vs. Annual passes and so much more.

Of course, I have more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums at DisneyWorldTrivia.com.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

wdwowner is offline A-Ticket holder
    I hope that someone at WDW is reading this.

PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THE VOICE RECOGNITION SYSTEM!!! They are aweful. If there is any noise in the background it is picked up and the incorrect replay is played. It also takes 3-4 times as long to get to the person you want to talk to, and to get done on the phone.

If you really think this will help, call some other companies and see how terrible a system like this is!!!!!!

Please don't do it!!!!!!!!!!
    RichO

Living Kidney Donor to my wife Cathy
    Nov 1997

Be an Organ Donor, sign your drivers license and tell you family!!

NJDISNEYFAN is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Has Lou posted the pictures from the Where in the World contest with the full image as well?

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Boy, am I a geek. I couldn't believe Lou mentioned my name on the podcast and I was thrilled. Total geeked out moment.

I am going to admit to backing up to hear it again. That's my first podcast mention. Heck, my name, plain as it is, has never been mentioned anywhere before...

Totally cool. I am making DH listen to it.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

NJDISNEYFAN is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yeah my wife had mention in last week's show (She was the one who pointed out the Disney Dollar Rumor). She easily had me liste to it about 20 times. Not the whole piece just hearing her name over and over and over again!

8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Fun Podcast : )

Hey Lou -- loved the podcast again this week. I wanted to let you know that you can no longer rent Pal Mickey; he has to be purchased. They also sell clothes, accessories, etc. for the little guy. We have an older "plain" version but we love him. We loan him to friends also, so he has been to WDW more often than we have!

The pool at the Yacht & Beach Club sounds awesome. We have never been over that way and may not be able to afford a stay at the higher-end resort, but we can always dream! As far as the moderate resorts go, we do like the pool at POFQ a lot and have made use of it (and the poolside bar) on many occasions.

Keep up the great work!

CinderellaPug is offline A-Ticket holder
    Another great show!!!! I loved the segment on the monorail. Only disney could make transportation fun and one of the many reasons I want disney to add DVC to the Contemporary.
    You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far.
    Please stand up before exiting. Bye-bye
    Wait a minute I love that idea!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Oh no i was mentioned in the podcast also by Pat!!!!

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SamIAm717 View Post
    Boy, am I a geek. I couldn't believe Lou mentioned my name on the podcast and I was thrilled. Total geeked out moment.

I am going to admit to backing up to hear it again. That's my first podcast mention. Heck, my name, plain as it is, has never been mentioned anywhere before...

Totally cool. I am making DH listen to it.
    I heard your name!! I think that is pretty cool too!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hi Lou-
    Loved all of the info on the monorail... you really captured the "feeling" we Disfolk get when riding the rail! Please stand clear of the doors..

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

disneygirl17 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I loved the show this week as always. You make me really want to stay at the Beach Club on my next trip in August but I keep having to tell myself......we are at the CBR and that is in my budget. The vacation is paid for. No need to increase he bill by going there just yet.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwowner View Post
    I hope that someone at WDW is reading this.

PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THE VOICE RECOGNITION SYSTEM!!! They are aweful. If there is any noise in the background it is picked up and the incorrect replay is played. It also takes 3-4 times as long to get to the person you want to talk to, and to get done on the phone.

If you really think this will help, call some other companies and see how terrible a system like this is!!!!!!

Please don't do it!!!!!!!!!!

I agree...I hate those things. If they're going to do something like that, just put it on the internet and let me use my computer.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

MissFlaversham is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I agree...I hate those things. If they're going to do something like that, just put it on the internet and let me use my computer
    AMEN, brother!!!!!
    a dream is a wish your heart makes.......
    D23 Charter Member

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Another great show. I love riding the monorail - at least going to the park - since I consider it the preshow.
    I've never been to the the Yacht and Beach Club, but I certain have it on my to-do list now. The pool area sounds fantastic. I've never been in a sandy pool, and I'm intrigued as to how one works. (I'll keep my saltwater pool, though.)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

aph
    aph is offline Fastpass Holder
    Another fantastic show. I loved the whole monorail segment. I am going to have to check out the pool, it sounds great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast