Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast - Show 22 - July 8, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show. This is Show #22 for the week of July 8, 2007 . I want to thank you for tuning in once again. This week's ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast - Show 22 - July 8, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show. This is Show #22 for the week of July 8, 2007. I want to thank you for tuning in once again.

This week's News and Views from Walt Disney World segment starts off with confirmation of a long-standing rumor about Epcot, Animal Kingdom Villas, July 4th ceremonies, concerts, room rates and more. The Walt Disney World Rumor Mill is full of exciting news about Jedis, more character enhancements, new shows and a whole lot more.

In honor of America's Independence Day, and the recent update to the pavilion, Jeff Pepper and I will conduct a very detailed Disney Scene Investigation of the American Adventure pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase. We will cover the history of the pavilion, the show, story, technology backstage and onstage, the recent updates to the show, and the intangible qualities that make it one of the most moving experiences in any of Disney's theme parks worldwide. This segment will also include exclusive interviews with some of the people that make the pavilion truly exceptional, including a long-time American Adventure Cast Member that shares some of his secrets and details, as well as with the Voices of Liberty, part of the pavilion's pre-show that is a true wonder in an of itself. Of course, it's a salute to all nations, but mostly America.

Of course, I have more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    YAHHHHOOOO! no more stupid Epcot wand wand! i heard this from a monorail pilot coming back from Epcot a few weeks ago. Thank goodness.

LordMoeschi is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey Lou,

Nice one - this weeks podcast. The American Dream has been my all time favourite attraction at EPCOT - since i first went to EPCOT back in 1986. This weeks episode conviced me to start planning our next WDW trip actively as of today. Last time i visited WDW was in 2006 on my honeymoon. Next time will be in august 2008 so watch out for the real vikings to visit the Magic next year !!

See Ya

//Mike

CinderellaPug is offline A-Ticket holder
    Another great show!!! I am continuousluy amazed the amount of information you and Jeff provide on a weekly basis. You truly succeed in getting Disney fans to appreciate everything Disney can offer.

I love the American Adventure show. The songs are some of the best Disney has. Unfortunately, I have never actually seen Voices of Liberty, but I am definitely going to make sure I see them on our next trip in October.

CP
    You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far.
    Please stand up before exiting. Bye-bye
    Wait a minute I love that idea!

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show lou. loved the segment on the american adventure this is one of my favorite attractions.

Epcotnerd11 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Two things from the American Adventure Discussion:
    1. Athea Gibson was NOT a relay runner; she was the 1st African American woman to win Wimbledon.
    2. The "Miracle on Ice" between the US and the Soviets took place on Februrary 22, 1980. While it's possible the game could have made the first movie, I don't believe Disney would want to honk off Soviet visitors as many Soviets were in shock after the loss (Which BTW, is the subject of the very good 2004 Disney movie "Miracle").
    Thanks as always,
    Andy

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I really liked the segment on the American Adventure. Lonnie is indeed a great CM. We've experienced him many times and it's always a joy to listen to him.

The Voices of Liberty are special...WDW is blessed in having them.

Joel's voice mail at the end was interesting too. We always went in the shop before the change anyway...but it has gotten much busier.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

jabbered is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't think American Vybe or EPCOT Vybe is around anymore.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Awesome show. Cant get enough of the DSI, gets better every time!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Guys,

Great Show. The American Adventure is my favorite show in Epcot. Thank you for spending the time detailing the show as only the both of you can do.

Last October my wife and I had the pleasure of being the "First Family" and we got to sit up top overlooking the rotunda while the Voices of Liberty performed. If you think they sound good on the main floor, you should hear them on the second! After that we got to enter the theater before the rest of the crowd. It was really nice.

Perfect 4th of July show.

Thanks again for all the hard work and late hours!
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

JoDisneyNut is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey Lou, great shows...I've been enjoying listening to the pod casts and catching up on previous episodes...of course the disneyitis is really in full bloom and I need to go back to WDW before this year is out! Hoping to go in December. Keep up the great podcasts, we're really enjoying them! Jo
    Jo Disney Nut

Been to WDW 11 times! Need to go again!

1979 Ft. Wilderness
    1987 Off Site - Sr. Class Trip!
    1989 Off Site
    1992 Carribbean Beach Resort
    1996 Polynesian Resort
    1999 Coronado Springs Resort
    2001 Port Orleans Riverside + 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise!
    2003 All Star Movies Resort
    2004 Pop Century Resort
    2005 Coronado Springs Resort
    2007 Port Orleans French Quarter

Upcoming trips!
    August 20, 2009 Port Orleans Riverside
    August 22, 2009 Disney Magic 7 Night Cruise!

8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the great show. I will never forget the first time I saw American Adventure and cried like a baby! I am looking forward to seeing the updated movie some time in the future. I especially appreciated your unapologetic patriotism and sentimentality; I often think we all need to spend a little more time appreciating what we have and where we came from!

I have to disagree with the teacher you mentioned who bashed the supposedly inaccurate history of the place. I am a teacher too, and I will admit that the presentation isn't 100% thorough, I think it's amazingly accurate and unbiased, and I would be glad to have my students (and my own kids) get a broad historical perspective from this presentation.

I have had several people tell me that they go to WDW and skip the American Adventure because, after all, they're American and they already know about their own country. I always tell them they're missing the best show in World Showcase and one of the best overall experiences in Disney anywhere. Thanks for continuing to spread the news!

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I only recently got rid of my dial up internet, so this week's show was my first podcast of any kind...ever! I thought it was great! I also listened to episodes 1 & 2 and plan on working my way thru all of them and listen to the new ones as they come out.

Keep up the great work Lou!
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

VistaWay93 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great Show as usual Lou! I have always loved The American Adventure and can't wait to see the additionsl in October when I'm back.

Did anyone notice what agreat voice Lonnie has? I wonder if he has ever done any radio or voice over work before?

aph
    aph is offline Fastpass Holder
    Loved the American Adventure segment. I don't know how Lou does it. Every show is fantastic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast