Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Marathon - What is in your playlist? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hi all, I know that a lot of you are running or training for an event at the World soon and although I am not running in the 2008 half- ...
    vanMickey is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW Marathon - What is in your playlist?

Hi all,

I know that a lot of you are running or training for an event at the World soon and although I am not running in the 2008 half- or full-marathon I am trining with you in spirit!

Does anyone listen to WDW music while running?

I have a playlist that includes POTC music ("The Kraken" is awesome!) and Fountain of Nations music.

I saw on another thread, some runs to Fantasmic, what about you?

dcd1701 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I dont have anything loaded on my Ipod yet, but at work I have live365.com on ALL day, and I ALWAYS have Intercot radio selected. They play park music and rides all day long. It is great and makes the day fly by. Nothing like having the full SpaceShip Earth ride to listen to while I daydream about my next trip to WDW. They have everything...POTC, SSE, HM - Paris, Main St USA, etc etc etc

CinderellaPug is offline A-Ticket holder
    Although my wife and I are planning to run the full marathon, we don't plan on using our iPods because we want to experience everything the marathon has to offer. However, I have done some training runs listening to disney music. Believe it or not, I love the Magic Kingdom entrance loop and the full ride through of Splash Mountain.
    You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far.
    Please stand up before exiting. Bye-bye
    Wait a minute I love that idea!

jhiester is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have a playlist that i created for the Inaugural Disneyland Half Marathon. I coordinated it so that it had walking music to get me to the start line, and nice easy tempo music for the first mile or so outside the parks. Then, I had Disney music that cooresponded to the particular part of the park where I was. As we left the parks again, it was up tempo music, good for running. As we went near the sports complex, I had sports themed music, and then Disney music again as we headed for home and went thru California Adventure before the finish. It is a great playlist, and often run to it while going on long runs here at home!

See ya real soon,
    John

disneymeister is offline A-Ticket holder

Ipods allowed

I thought that I read somewhere ipods (earphones, etc) were not allowed during the race. Am I imagining things or did someone else see that too?

jhiester is offline A-Ticket holder
    Many races do have a rule stating that personal music devices and earphones are not allowed. It is for the safety of the participants, so that they can hear hear all necessary commands and instructions, and so that they do not get an unfair advantage for pacing. However, in spite of the rule, ipods and MP3 players are seen all over the racing courses. When I did the Disneyland Half, my iPod had a malfunction early on (around 3 or 4) and I had to run without music the rest of the way. I train with music from my iPod, so I can run a decent and constant pace, but I am no where near the leaders that it would give me any advantage! In May, I ran the Indianapolis Mini Marathon with my iPod, and it was a good thing! The bands that lined the streets played such varied music (and some of it just plain awful!), it was difficult to "keep your head in the game." (Slight nod to HSM!) I plan on making a new Half Marathon and Full Marathon Playlist for the races in December!

Good luck in your training!

joeysmom is offline A-Ticket holder
    I usually listen to Lou's podcast when I'm running!! :-)

It would be fun to make a special playlist just for a race -- I like the idea of doing Disney music for the Disney race. I'm going to run a half-marathon at Jax Beach, so maybe I'll theme my music to that (Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffett, etc.)

Lin
    JoeysMom

vanMickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    I saw a lot of people running with iPods during the 2007 marathon, but I think Disney officially asks that you do not run with them. There are DJs playing music along the way, about 4-5 miles. There are so many people though in the race and along the streets for the first 10 miles (of the marathons) not having an iPod was not a big deal. It was later in the run that mattered. Good luck to all!