Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #24 - July 22, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show. This is Show #24 for the week of July 22, 2007. Thank you for tuning in once again. We'll start off this week with ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #24 - July 22, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show. This is Show #24 for the week of July 22, 2007. Thank you for tuning in once again.

We'll start off this week with some News and Views from Walt Disney World, as well as a quick trip to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill.

Next, Fred Block, founder of MagicMeets will join me as we recap the MagicMeets 2007 event.

Grab your gear, as were going to do another Disney Scene Investigation, this time, into the deepest, darkest and most dangerous of all of the queues in Walt Disney World The Jungle Cruise. We'll look at the details, jokes, and wonderful references to characters, films and Imagineers that are subtly hidden throughout. And for this one, you'll need to use your ears as well as your eyes.

I'll look at another Hidden Treasure of Walt Disney World, and even a "treasure within a treasure", as Im joined by Jason Zucker, Cast Member and Disney Artist as we introduce you to a true gem at the Disney-MGM Studios.

I have been remiss in answering your emails only due to time, but I promise to get to a ton of them this week, as well as your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax and hope you enjoy this week's episode of The WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

jjpenguin is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi Lou,

Aruna from Holland here, great show this week as usual. Was really surprised by your interview with Jason! We met him a couple of years back when we bought a Star Wars watch from him, and we visit him every time we're in WDW. He's a great guy with many talents.

Take care and if you ever need someone to talk about Disneyland Paris, let me know

Aruna

Chickapin Chick is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi Lou! Great show! I have to admit it was a bittersweet moment when you announced the possibility of a Monsters Inc. Coaster at Disney Studios. As soon as you said it, my husband looked at me and my heart just dropped! In my mind I always think of myself as an Imagineer just waiting to be discovered, and I remember seeing Monsters Inc in the theaters, and told my husband, "Wow, this would make a great coaster, just like Batman at Six Flags Great Adventure, but with doors hanging from a rail." Of course, that's exactly what you mentioned last night. So, I am happy that they will make this ride, but I am sad, because now my shot of becoming an Imagineer is toast, since they took my one cool idea and it will hopefully be a reality, just without me at the helm. Boo-hoo for me.
    "The future is coming, you've got to catch it if you can..."

QuickGold is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I can't wait for that "Matt & Deeana Dinosaur" meet at Mousefest. Lou, please tell Deeana to wear something lavender to match my...uhh, clothes. Yes, that's the ticket....

Perhaps next year we can expand it to the "Matt & Deeana Jungle Cruise" meet since evidently I'm also scared of the Jungle Cruise.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Warning! Don't listen to this pod-cast while trying to fall asleep. It's really tough to stifle the laughter so you don't wake up the person sleeping next to you. You guys are a real trip. I think that to watch you in the parks, while you do your observing, would be fairly entertaining. I give full credit to your spouses for actually acknowledging that they know either of you. (I will point out here, that I usually listen to my ipod to fall asleep, but not with WDW Radio playing.)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I thought that the American Adventure DSI was the best one until I listened to this weeks show. Sooooo amazing, and it was only about a queue! Excellent work Lou and Jeff. You keep investigating an we'll keep listening! lol
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was laughing out loud on the train when Lou was sounding out the Jungle Cruise Employee of the Month, E.L. O'Fevre. As I was standing on queue once, I was looking up and around and noticed the sign and was doing the same thing. E L O F e v r e (Yellow Fever) and when I finally got it, I sort of said loudly, HA! EL O'Fevre - I get it!! A bunch of people around me snickered - it was my DUH moment!!

Great show again Lou! I couldn't help but notice that you and Jeff are getting so good at this DSI thing, that you are almost finishing each other's sentences. I really liked hearing about the meet from you and Fred. I'm am already penciling in that weekend in July next year. Sounds like it was a great time!
    Last edited by SamIAm717; 07-23-2007 at 08:37 PM.
    To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickGold View Post
    I can't wait for that "Matt & Deeana Dinosaur" meet at Mousefest. Lou, please tell Deeana to wear something lavender to match my...uhh, clothes. Yes, that's the ticket....

Perhaps next year we can expand it to the "Matt & Deeana Jungle Cruise" meet since evidently I'm also scared of the Jungle Cruise.

Hey Lou,

How could Matt listen to the whole podcast since he can only handle shows of 30 minutes or less? Didn't his IPod overheat??

Just kidding... I got to meet Matt at MagicMeets and he is a great guy. As a avid listener of both shows, I love the good nature kidding around. It makes these great podcasts even more enjoyable.
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

VistaWay93 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show this week Lou. Like always, I loved the DSI section. I appreciate the details in everything Disney, but you guys help take it to a new level.

The Rumors section was really interesting this week. The ride rumors about the Monters Inc coaster and Imagination (version 4.0) sound pretty exciting. The only thing that was somewhat concerning was the Monsters Inc might push out the Backlot Tour. It seems like a shame to get rid of one of the few remaining original attractions from The Studios. Especially one that actually has to do with making movies!

You and Fred made me cry!! Thanks a lot!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Why no mention of the booster seat?? --never mind, i posted that before i heard the whole thing
    Last edited by lorilovestigger; 07-24-2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: im dumb

don't forget that we're auctioning you off next year!!!

DisneyMagic71 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Just finished listening to this week's show and "dugg it". Another great show. I loved listening you and Fred talk about Magic Meets. Made me relive all the great memories of the meet - my first one....................cannot wait till next year................I think it's a great idea to auction Lou giving a private "trivia tour" of WDW!!!! Thanks again,Lou, for bringing that "Disney Magic" every week to me.
    DVC MEMBER!!!!
    I wish we'd never have to grow up! Off to NEVERLAND!!!!!!!
    Remember we must always believe in our wishes...they are the magic in the world!!!
    LOU SAID...............................
    Was at Magic Meets '07, '08 & '09 Had a MAGICAL time!
    First trip 9/72 Contemporary; '78,'80,'82'84,'85, '88,'90,'92,'94,'96,'98,'99,'03,'05,'06,'07,'08
    3/20/08 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge; 8/16/08 WDWWilderness Lodge

1/07/09 WDW MARATHON - Beach Club Villas

6/19/09 WDW Spur of the Moment Trip!! OKW,POFQ, & SS
    8/30/09 - 9/7/09 Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel -DH,DD & I - 5K DD did 1/2 Marathon - Coast to Coast!
    1/10 DD doing half marathon at WDW
    2/2011 - Cruisin' with Lou
    & all the great fans of WDW Radio 1st cruise

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMagic71 View Post
    Just finished listening to this week's show and "dugg it". Another great show. I loved listening you and Fred talk about Magic Meets. Made me relive all the great memories of the meet - my first one....................cannot wait till next year................I think it's a great idea to auction Lou giving a private "trivia tour" of WDW!!!! Thanks again,Lou, for bringing that "Disney Magic" every week to me.
    Yeah Lou! I'll third the idea. Hey you're down at WDW all the time anyway! Maybe it could be a private tour with Lou and Jeff Pepper as they do a DSI. So many of us say we'd love to be around to see you two stooping and snooping around boxes, looking at signs, peering through windows, checking out wall hangings, and every other detail in the park. It would be great to just hang out with you guys and watch you "geek out".
    To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show lou. I don't think i've ever been on the jungle cruise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast