Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #25 - July 29, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show. This is Show #25 for the week of July 29, 2007. Thank you for tuning in once again. We'll start off this week as ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #25 - July 29, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show. This is Show #25 for the week of July 29, 2007. Thank you for tuning in once again.

We'll start off this week as always with a lot News and Views from Walt Disney World, as well as our trip to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, which includes some rumored details about the Haunted Mansion refurb and upgrade.

Steve Barrett, author of the Hidden Mickeys series of books joins me on what will be a recurring segment on the show, where we talk about some new and interesting Hidden Mickeys, and ask for your help with some questionable ones as well.

It's time to fire up the old Walt Disney World Wayback Machine once again, and this time Jeff and I visit an opening day extinct attraction that so many of us still miss and have fond memories of, and that is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Eric Hollister from GeoMouse.com will announce the winner to this week's Walt Disney World Half Marathon Challenge, and Eric and Dan from MouseGuest.com join me as we talk about another of Walt Disney World's Hidden Treasures

Because so much of "Why We Do What We Do" is about helping others, I'll also introduce you to another friend of the show, Byron Hall, the PhatDisneyGeek, who will tell you about something he is doing to help make some magic for those that really need it.

I'll also answer more of your emails on the air, and also make an announcement about the show, so sit back, relax and hope you enjoy this week's episode of The WDW Radio Show.
    Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums at DisneyWorldTrivia.com.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Off to listen right now, Lou! Thanks!!!!!
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

AUBandPilot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou,

I just wanted to thank you for having me on the show to promote my weight loss effort. Just to have you in any way associated with what I'm doing means the world to me.

Let the fun begin!!
    Byron - The "Phat Disney Geek"

Shedding pounds to send children with life-threatening medical conditions to Walt Disney World.

kathyj0 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show Lou!

Been meaning to post and tell you how much I enjoy the segments with Jeff. This week was special since Mr. Toad has always been one of my favorite attractions. I was in Disneyland 2 weeks ago for NFFC and I think I rode Mr. Toad 5 times in 2 days!

I also enjoyed the Hidden Treasures segment with Dan and Eric from MouseGuest. I'm a big fan of theirs, and its good to hear them twice in one day.

Keep up the outstanding job - absolutely love the show!
    Kathy

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I really liked the segment on Mr. Toad with Jeff. I always find that segment very interesting.

It was really fun listening to you and Steve getting all geeky about hidden mickey.

The only low point was the segment on Hidden Treasures with Eric and Eric and Eric and Eric and Eric...oh yeah Dan was there. He said "Yo" at the beginning. Nice going Eric....you blabbed on about trash and the smell when you went backstage...that was real helpful!

Other than that...a great show Lou. You crack me up when you say that the show is "running long". At what point is that Lou?
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Oh...one other thing....was that Matt Hochberg calling you on Skype during the email segment?

Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

QuickGold is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TiggerRPh View Post
    You crack me up when you say that the show is "running long". At what point is that Lou?
    marathon

Main Entry: mar·a·thon
    1 : a long-distance race: a : a footrace run on an open course usually of 26 miles 385 yards (42.2 kilometers) b : a race other than a footrace marked especially by great length
    2 a : an endurance contest b : something (as an event, activity, or session) characterized by great length or concentrated effort
    3 a : An episode of Lou Mongello's WDW Radio Show podcast

I'm glad Lou got to answer Shane's question, although I'm sure he just emailed it to Jeff Pepper who answered it and then Lou took credit for it. How typical of someone from Jersey.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I hadn't had a chance to listen to this weeks show but i liked your segment on mouse guest this week.

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was fortunate to ride Mr. Toad in DL last year. I really enjoyed the ride, but only riding it once, I was not able to pick up on all the theming. The truck and "he-double hockey sticks" scene were frightening to my daughter who was newly 6 y/o at the time. I wanted to ride it again, but couldn't quite convince her to go. I understand the larger profit behind Winnie the Pooh, but I am disappointed that WDW removed Mr. Toad from the park. It sounds as if it were a truly unique experience with the dual tracks and different story lines. Pooh will never be able to compete with that in terms of unique Disney experiences. I know my daughter enjoys WTP in both parks, but it really is a very pedestrian dark ride.

Thanks for the great segment though Lou, and I always love the insight and depth you and Jeff bring to each attraction.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou, I have a question. In the intro this week you had a recording of Walt describing Epcot, right? Well, I always heard EPCOT meant Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow. But in the intro, Walt called it the Experimental Prototype CITY Of Tomorrow. You are the king of all things trivia and I know you can set me straight.

As always, I LOVED the show...I know it is a ton of work to put together but as far as I'm concerned...the longer, the better!!

Thanx!
    Alisa

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Quote Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
    Lou, I have a question. In the intro this week you had a recording of Walt describing Epcot, right? Well, I always heard EPCOT meant Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow. But in the intro, Walt called it the Experimental Prototype CITY Of Tomorrow. You are the king of all things trivia and I know you can set me straight.
    I've heard it referred to as both, actually i think i have heard Walt refer to it as CITY multiple times.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

starchildpr is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show as always

I really, really enjoy the Mr. Toad's Wild Ride segment you and Jeff take me back in time once again and make me relive the magic and memories of those day.

It's always great to hear from Steve Barrett and the Hidden Mickeys so totally Rock Dude!

Lou, Dan and Eric (The Three Caballeros) great segment MGW and WDW Radio my absolute favorite podcast
    Last edited by starchildpr; 08-01-2007 at 11:36 AM. Reason: misspell

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I loved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Your talk-through really enhanced my appreciation of it, too.

That being said, I like the Pooh ride better. Maybe it's because I have warm memories of seeing the shorts in the movie theatre in the early 70s . . .

(please don't flame me, but feel free to disagree!)
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

VistaWay93 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show as usual. Mr. Toad's Wild ride was always a favorite of mine as a kid. But I think it may have had to do with the music sticking with me for so long after I rode it. I have to agree that Pooh is probably a better fit there though. Speaking of the WDW radio wayback machine, any chance that you guys will be hitting 20,000 League's under the sea anytime soon?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I think I rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride once, and I'm sorry to say that it didn't have the same impact on me as it did on everyone else. It's really interesting to hear the ride described in such detail. I haven't gone on Pooh.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast