Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Supporting DWT Dream Team & Running 2008 1/2M in the The WDW Radio Show forums; My sister and I are running in the 2008 WDW 1/2M. We really wanted to find some way to raise money for the DWT Dream Team as part of that. ...
    GoofTroop3 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Supporting DWT Dream Team & Running 2008 1/2M

My sister and I are running in the 2008 WDW 1/2M. We really wanted to find some way to raise money for the DWT Dream Team as part of that. With the new website for FirstGiving it makes it really easy to get sponsors for the race and have them contribute to the DWT Dream Team through that site. At this point each of us has $10 pledged per mile.

- Kate

dizneluver is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WAY TO FAR AWAY FROM EITHER DISNEYLAND OR DISNEY WORLD :( (Colorado) :)

Thumbs up

WTG to go Kate and Kate's Sister!

I am going to be walking the full marathon with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TnT)

I am doing it with TnT to fulfill a committment to myself to finish it...I had trained with TnT for the 2000 WDW Marathon when I had to stop half way during the training/fundraising process due to a car accident

There are two other reasons why I am doing it to raise funds in honor/memory of all those I know who have/had cancers of any kind...and to get myself back to the Parks ...i used to live in Orlando and work on Disney property and it will have been two years since my last trip to the Parks (Labor Day 2005) and DANG IT I really miss the PARKS!!!

Let's keep in touch and figure out if we can get together some time during the Marathon weekend to atleast meet in person ...that would be cool if we could make it happen

TTFN
    Kelly D aka NDA#5 and one of Lou's BOX PEOPLE <><
    Lover of ALL THINGS DISNEY since I was 9 months old which includes going to the Parks with undiagnosed ADHD until I was 33 years old (still go to the Parks but with the knowledge now that I live with ADHD):

Disabilities/Special Needs Forum Moderator for The Disney Echo Forums

Visit my blog DIZNELUVER'S WORLD

Deck 7 COOL KID

PS have you guys tried writing letters and emails to friends and family asking for their support...I can help you with that if you are interested just send me a private message KD <><
    Lover of ALL THINGS DISNEY since I was 9 months old which includes going to the Parks with undiagnosed ADHD until I was 33 years old (still go to the Parks but with the knowledge now that I live with ADHD):

Deck 7 COOL KID

AUBandPilot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Way to go Kate and Sis!!! I really admire what you two are doing. I'm looking forward to the 2009 WDW 1/2 Marathon. I'm in the process of losing weight to raise money for Make-A-Wish and training for the Tower of Terror 6.5K race in October.

Keep up the good work!!

Oh...thank you Kelly!! Check your email.
    Last edited by AUBandPilot; 08-04-2007 at 12:32 PM.
    Byron - The "Phat Disney Geek"

Shedding pounds to send children with life-threatening medical conditions to Walt Disney World.

Quote Originally Posted by dizneluver View Post
    WTG to go Kate and Kate's Sister!

I am going to be walking the full marathon with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TnT)

I am doing it with TnT to fulfill a committment to myself to finish it...I had trained with TnT for the 2000 WDW Marathon when I had to stop half way during the training/fundraising process due to a car accident

There are two other reasons why I am doing it to raise funds in honor/memory of all those I know who have/had cancers of any kind...and to get myself back to the Parks ...i used to live in Orlando and work on Disney property and it will have been two years since my last trip to the Parks (Labor Day 2005) and DANG IT I really miss the PARKS!!!

Let's keep in touch and figure out if we can get together some time during the Marathon weekend to atleast meet in person ...that would be cool if we could make it happen

TTFN
    Hi Kelly!

I think it's great that you are doing the TIT. I thought about doing that one too. My Mom died from Luekemia. But I also really believe in the Make a Wish Foundation and would like to support them. I admire you for walking the full marathon. I'm just not ready for that much yet.

We'd love to meet up sometime. We'll both be arriving on Thursday and leaving on Sunday. It's my sister's first trip to WDW. She's not much of a Dinsey fan yet, but I'm trying to help her get it.

May the EARS be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by AUBandPilot View Post
    Way to go Kate and Sis!!! I really admire what you two are doing. I'm looking forward to the 2009 WDW 1/2 Marathon. I'm in the process of losing weight to raise money for Make-A-Wish and training for the Tower of Terror 6.5K race in October.

Keep up the good work!!

Oh...thank you Kelly!! Check your email.

Hi! I heard you talk on WDWRadio. I think that what you're doing is especially wonderful. I'm running the TOT13K too. Maybe we can meet up before the race.

- Kate

Talking

Hi Kate

I think the world of you guys that are raising funds for Make A Wish (MAW)!!! ...MAW another chairity that is near and dear to my heart.

As I told Byron when I sponsored him at his web page...I was a volunteer for the Central and Northern Florida chapter of MAW when I live in Orlando....and I have see the power of a wish!

but not just any wish...the child I granted the wish for went on a Disney Cruise and the cool thing is I granted her that wish right after I went on a Disney Cruise myself so I was able to give her and her family some pointers. I will never forget my follow up visit that I had to as a wish granter when the child's mom kept on thanking me for the memories they got to make!!

So I know that you guys are doing this for a VERY worthwhile cause!

Keep on keepin on everybody!!!

Kelly D <><

Deck 7 COOL KID

Byron,

Is The Tower of Terror race at WDW???

KD <><

Deck 7 COOL KID

AUBandPilot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Byron,

Is The Tower of Terror race at WDW???

KD <><
    Yes it is Kelly. October 27 9:30pm at Disney-MGM Studios.

Here's the link.... Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13K & 6.5K

Both races are filling up fast, in case you were interested.
    Byron - The "Phat Disney Geek"

Shedding pounds to send children with life-threatening medical conditions to Walt Disney World.

Thanks for the info Byron...unfortuately I am way to far away to do something that spontaneous

KATE

I am making a list of people who have been affected by any time of cancer (both living and passed away) so I can think about them while I am walking the Marathon...if you are interested in having your mom on my list let me know

Thanks

KD <><

Deck 7 COOL KID

Thanks for the info Byron...unfortuately I am way to far away to do something that spontaneous

KATE

I am making a list of people who have been affected by any time of cancer (both living and passed away) so I can think about them while I am walking the Marathon...if you are interested in having your mom on my list let me know

Thanks

KD <><
    KD that's really thoughtful of you. Her name was Betty. Thanks. Ears to you. - Kate