Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show #26 - August 5, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show. This is Show #26 for the week of August 5, 2007. Thank you for tuning in once again. We'll start off this week as ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show #26 - August 5, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show. This is Show #26 for the week of August 5, 2007. Thank you for tuning in once again.

We'll start off this week as always with a ton of News and Views from Walt Disney World, including changes to ticket prices, Food and Wine, holiday special events, closures and rehabs, Haunted Mansion news, new watercraft now available, as well as breaking news on changes to packages coming in 2008. Our trip to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, includes rumored new events coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom and the Disney-MGM Studios, as well as some rumors about River Country.

This week's show also includes something a bit different, and I think a little extra special. I'm going to announce the next of the 7 Wonders of Walt Disney World, but this time, will discuss it with the help of some very special guests. We will have a roundtable discussion about what many of us believe is one of the most important of the 7 Wonders, and that is the music of Walt Disney World. I think this is something you are really going to enjoy.

Eric Hollister from GeoMouse.com will announce the next of our Walt Disney World Half Marathon Challenges, where you can play to win some great prizes, name the 3rd mile marker, and have a chance to win our grand prize at the end of the challenges.

Finally, I'll announce this year’s official DisneyWorldTrivia.com and WDW Radio Show meets and events for MouseFest 2007, including a new meet this year that I think you'll enjoy.

I still have a ton of emails to answer, and will get through as many as we can this week, as well as play some of your voicemails, so sit back, relax and hope you enjoy this week’s episode of The WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums at DisneyWorldTrivia.com.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    That Lou, always the innovator. Not only does he have the best Disney podcast around, but now he's taken it upon himself to develop time travel to leap us two years in the future and show us what the parks will be like! Hey Lou, do we have a fifth gate yet?!

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    RE: Gratuity included with Disney Dining.

In my experience, my servers were usually more enthusiastic when I had a dining package, making sure that I didn't skip the appetizers or dessert in order to get the entire check amount up. There were quick to point me to the more, let's say, distinctive menu items and encouraged us to order even if we share or waste food. The change is ok, mainly because I think the standard gratuity is moving closer to 18% to 20% (I don't think I've tipped 15% in the last 5 years). 20% would take too great a chunk out of the meal plan dollars (from Disney's perspective), and the price increase would be too much if they included tip, I'd think.
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Oh, the podcast is up? Mine hasn't dowloaded.

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Loved, loved, loved the segment on the music! As one who has many hours of WDW music on her iPod, I rarely go a day without a Disney Fix! Among my favorites is a loop of ambient music from Epcot's entrance gate (all those great pavilion themes just dance around in different styles); Remember from Disneyland (the musical tour of the park, past and present, is great! "The gods have been angered by all the celebratin'!"); the exit music from Fantasmic; and the old "Hola mis Amigos" from El Rio del Tiempo...

Thanks for another great show!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

spaceoddity is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks Lou!! You made me get a little something in my eye and that only happens in the parks at the end of Illuminations or Wishes. Loved the show.... great discussion on the music from the theme parks.

jefmblrd is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mrp4352 View Post
    Loved, loved, loved the segment on the music! As one who has many hours of WDW music on her iPod, I rarely go a day without a Disney Fix! Among my favorites is a loop of ambient music from Epcot's entrance gate (all those great pavilion themes just dance around in different styles); Remember from Disneyland (the musical tour of the park, past and present, is great! "The gods have been angered by all the celebratin'!"); the exit music from Fantasmic; and the old "Hola mis Amigos" from El Rio del Tiempo...

Thanks for another great show!
    Music in WDW is definitely one of the Seven Wonders-great spot. I was wondering if there were any legal places to get music like the Epcot loop-which I love?

Thanks
    Disney Vacation Club Member
    The Beach Club
    "Remember the Magic"

dmart2280 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Great roundtable discussion, Lou! That was super cool. I can't wait for next weeks episode, especially because I sent in a voicemail.

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I definitely consider Music to be one of the Wonders of Disney (World, Land, etc.). Although, I'm sure it was not on my list when I first compiled it way back when. But after listening to the podcast, I have to say it is truly a wonder. I can think of many times that I have gotten choked up and shed a tear or two because of Disney music. Wishes always gets me, Illuminations always gives me this great feeling of "anything is possible", but I have to say that the one thing that really really got me was waiting at the rope drop in Disneyland when the song Welcome from Brother Bear was playing. As the crowd happily pushed forward into the park, it was like this great sense of possibility and what awesome things were going to happen on that day and I have to admit, I was just over-whelmed by the people around me who all looked like big old kids, with big smiles, and lots of anticipation!! I was glad I had sunglasses on because no one could see the big tears of happiness welling up in my eyes.

It was a great show as usual Lou, but I just have to give you a little light-hearted ribbin on something! You really aren't supposed to pronounce the S at the end of Illinois. It just one of those things us people from Illinois have to point out whenever we can!! I'm sure you folks from Joisy can understand that!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    That wasn't me... it was... umm... my cat (or kids) in the background... No! Wait!! It was Jonathan's residual singing echoing through the mic.. yeah.. that's it!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

jvnoledawg is offline A-Ticket holder

I made the email segment!

Lou, thanks for reading my email on the air! And I'm excited that my hopes for a pet-friendly resort are at least at the rumor stage. I imagine, though, that you are correct that they will go with the 24/7 pet hotel instead.

anyway, thanks for reading my very first email on the cast.

Joe

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great segment on music. I never thought to consider "music" as one of the 7 wonders. I would agree that it absolutely is!!

My favorite WDW music is the main street loop, Epcot entrance loop, and the old Illuminations pre-show (not the one being played now).
    But hands down, the illuminations soundtrack is number #1 on my play rotation.

take care,
    Dave from NJ

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    That wasn't me... it was... umm... my cat (or kids) in the background... No! Wait!! It was Jonathan's residual singing echoing through the mic.. yeah.. that's it!!
    You do seem to attract the "singers" in every bunch! I love when after hearing that someone jotted down notes for the roundtable, Jonathan said, "we were supposed to take notes??" And then later, someone mentioned preparing for the show and he said, I was supposed to prepare?? DARN! Great sense of humor that's for sure!

His voice isn't so bad though!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Count me in with mrp4352 and BW Dave - the Epcot entrance loop is magical, especially as you are walking from the Resort Bus stop to the park entrance. Other favorites are the Voices of Liberty (or Liberty Voices?) and other live acts in World Showcase - British Invasion + Off Kilter.
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Awesome show once again Lou, especially the Seven Wonders segment, cant wait for the next one! Ohh, and I didnt catch that S on the end of Illinois as well!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast