Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Energy Exchange in Communicore in the The WDW Radio Show forums; In a recent episode Lou and Jeff discussed the Energy Exchange in the Communicore. I was a part of the Disney College Program in 1993 and was placed in the ...
    cholleman is offline A-Ticket holder

Energy Exchange in Communicore

In a recent episode Lou and Jeff discussed the Energy Exchange in the Communicore. I was a part of the Disney College Program in 1993 and was placed in the Universe of Energy. So I spent many shifts that year speaking to guests at the Energy Exchange. One of my supervisors told me there was a hidden mickey in the offshore oil rig. It took me almost my entire College Program experience to find it, but I eventually saw it. I could kick myself for not taking a picture of it. I wasn't the Disney geek then that I am now.

Lou, have you or Jeff ever heard of this hidden Mickey? Maybe Steven Barrett? I would love to see a picture of it.
    Thanks, Chris

jeffcot is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey Chris--

As I don't think I ever caught that one, I too would love to see a picture of that. Back in the pre-digital camera days I was much more conservative with my picture taking and unfortunately did not get a lot of pictures of the more secondary type of displays and attractions. The oil rig was very cool though.
    Jeff Pepper
    Author of 2719 Hyperion
    Disney World Trivia.com and WDW Radio Show Contributor

cholleman is offline A-Ticket holder
    This hidden Mickey was a very tiny figurine, the same size as the little men on the rig, in a classic pose - one hand on his hip and one up in the air. If anyone has a picture of it please post. I would love to see it again.
    Chris