Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney podcast - #31 - Sept. 9, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; The WIlderness Lodge was one of the first upgade hotels we stayed at and during Christmas to boot. Never forget the experience and how my daughters, who were young at ...
    mikifan is offline A-Ticket holder
    The WIlderness Lodge was one of the first upgade hotels we stayed at and during Christmas to boot. Never forget the experience and how my daughters, who were young at the time reacted. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for this resort.

Jeff

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hi Lou..
    Wilderness Lodge is my favorite hidden treasure too...but you forgot to mention the most famous hidden treasure AT WL! Stan! Any chance you could have him on the show? He tells such great stories and knows sooo much about the lodge! He also knows a lot about the folklore of the villas. Did you know that it is said that on certain nights you may be lucky enough to see a rocking chair rocking because Walt likes to go there? And..a cast member told me how the villas were blessed by the native americans prior to opening? That is why it is such a spiritual experience! Anyway..Stan is a talker and would be a great guest! Loved the show!!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

goin2okw is offline A-Ticket holder

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by disneysister View Post
    Hi Lou..
    Wilderness Lodge is my favorite hidden treasure too...but you forgot to mention the most famous hidden treasure AT WL! Stan! Any chance you could have him on the show? He tells such great stories and knows sooo much about the lodge! He also knows a lot about the folklore of the villas. Did you know that it is said that on certain nights you may be lucky enough to see a rocking chair rocking because Walt likes to go there? And..a cast member told me how the villas were blessed by the native americans prior to opening? That is why it is such a spiritual experience! Anyway..Stan is a talker and would be a great guest! Loved the show!!
    I absolutely agree with Disneysister, Lou, Ranger Stan is by far one of the best parts of the Wilderness Lodge Experience. You have to sign up for one of his tours of the Lodge, and will learn soooo much more! He is a great guy and we always look for him whenever we stay at the Villas. Ranger Stan IS one of the Treasures of Disney World. I kept waiting to hear you or Jeff mention him on the podcast and found myself talking back to you both on the drive home.... "Ranger Stan, guys, don't forget him!"

Love the podcast -

Karen

WoL Fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ditto on the great TTA feature. I rode this for the first time in a long time last month on a trip my brother and i took. We rode it 3 times we enjoyed it so much. I ablsolutely agree, it's good during the day, it's great at night. We got to see Space Mountain with the lights on.

I also refer to it as the WedWay, especially since we just dug out some pictures of a trip my family and I went on in 1980. I'll try to scan & post a WedWay picture here soon.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Sounds like I need a "Research Trip" to visit Ranger Stan some time soon!!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

disneysister is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Be sure to tell him his fan club sent you!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR 6/2000 , 8/02 Wilderness Lodge, 07/03 Home to BCV and VB, 07/04, 07/05, 06/06 VWL & AKL, 07/07 VWL, 04/08 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV,12/08 Poly 6/09 Kidani and first cruise on the Wonder, BLT 6/2010, Wonder 8/2010.

WoL Fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    As promised, here's my vintage 1980 picture of the Peoplemover.

Obviously it was a lot more popular then, you can see that just about every car is packed.

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    AWESOME picture! Thanks for sharing.
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12