Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney podcast - #31 - Sept. 9, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #31 for the week of September 9, 2007. In Walt Disney World News this week, ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney podcast - #31 - Sept. 9, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #31 for the week of September 9, 2007.

In Walt Disney World News this week, we'll look at some exciting new things happening with pin trading, some interesting new patent applications filed by Disney that just may be bringing about some changes to the FASTPASS system, some Playhouse Disney concerts and more.

In the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, we'll see whats going on over at the Haunted Mansion as more details emerge, stop by Tomorrowland and see what may be coming to Space Mountain and the rumored new E-Ticket attraction, talk about Disney and Apple and lots more.

This week, Jeff Pepper and I are going to do a very different kind of DSI: Disney Scene Investigation, as we take a look at the story and details not behind an attraction or pavilion, but a resort hotel. We will not only review the hotel, its amenities, dining options and rooms, but look at the details and hidden treasures that make it an attraction in and of itself. It's one of our favorites, and one of the best themed hotels on property Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort.

We'll look at another of Walt Disney Worlds Hidden Treasures this week with the help of Dan and Eric from MouseGuest, who share in my love for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, and explain why they believe it truly is one of WDWs overlooked experiences.

I'll get through some more of your emails and voicemails as well, so sit back, relax enjoy this week's episode of The WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The show sounds great! Wilderness Lodge and the TTA! Really, what more can you ask for?

A trip to the Magic Kingdom is not complete without a trip on the TTA, preferably at night! Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow!

To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou. I loved the Wilderness Lodge segment. It made me wish I was staying there when I go back.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Britmick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Great show Lou, loved the Hidden Treasure. My family and I always go on the TTA. It is so relaxing especially on a hot day.

Loved the section on the Wilderness Lodge. Just didn't realise there was so much to see. We visited there in 2004 after one of the hurricanes when we went round all the monorail resorts for a look round and I loved the Spike Room. A year later we went back for breakfast at the Whispering Canyon...so muchfun

Guess who asked for Ketchup?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    BRITMICK:mickey:

DVC Member Saratoga Springs 06

"I'm going to Disneyworld"

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I dont know what I would do without DSI. lol. I need to stay at the Wilderness Lodge now.....
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

jpjobes is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great stuff, as always.
    What's the name of the BGM track that was playing while Dan & Eric were on?
    I have it at home, but the name escapes me.

Thanks,
    Jeff

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort. Thanks to Lou and Jeff for yet another AMAZING DSI!
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I kept yelling at my ipod...'totem pole" The fireplace and the totem pole grabbed my attention the first time I walked into the lobby. Our room was way in the back of the hotel and I don't think I ever came around to the lobby area from the upper floors. Guess I'll have to check that out when we next have dinner at Artists Point. See the guy taking Lou's suggestion? Look up!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

jpjobes is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjobes View Post
    Great stuff, as always.
    What's the name of the BGM track that was playing while Dan & Eric were on?
    I have it at home, but the name escapes me.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Found it - Behind the Waterfall by David Lanz on the Narada label.

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Great show lou. I have to say, since I've started listening to your show I have been very distracted from my regular schedule. I find myself, like right now, reading disney sites and listening to podcasts at all hours of the night. Listening is consuming enough for me, I can't even imagine the hard work and sacrifice you put into creating the show. Thank you so much! The DSI this week was FANTASTIC! I got chills listening to the music and the commentary. It felt like that first time I walked into the lodge. That amazing moment when you walk into the lobby just gives me goosebumps. You really feel like you are in the northwest and still a part of that Disney magic. Loved hearing about the back story from Jeff Pepper as well. Great Show again, looking forward to the next podcast and DSI. Although the TTA may be a hidden treasure for most, it is probably my favorite attraction in tommorow land. I must admit BUZZ is great, but the TTA is just relaxing and rejuvinating.

"NOW APPROACHING SPACE MOUNTAIN" One of my family members convinced me we were going on Space Mountain when that announcement came on my first ride, I was TERRIFIED!

P.S. I was at downtown disney on Aug 25, however I hadn't started listening to the show yet, I was so disappointed that missed you at the virgin megastore. Well see you at future disney world events.

8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Fun show, Lou. My kids absolute LOVE the TTA and I have come to appreciate it as a respite from the crowds and heat. We rode it many times on our last visit, and my husband took my youngest on it while my oldest and I went on Space Mtn. also. It's one of those things I would have walked right by, but a friend turned me on to it and we've loved it ever since!

As far as the Wilderness Lodge, my first ever visit there was last December. We were nearing the end of our 8-day stay and had a sit-down meal left on our plan, so we called dining and asked for a sit-down breakfast priority seating anywhere. The CM hooked us up with the Whispering Canyon Cafe and we had a blast. We took our resort bus to the MK, then rode the launch over to the Lodge. It was decked out for the holidays and boy was that tree impressive!! Of course we were new to the whole ketchup / grape jam / drinks in huge jars thing, but we laughed our heads off! It was also someone's birthday, and the CMs, after singing, grabbed spoons and helped themselves to the birthday cake. Hilarious! (They did bring out a fresh piece of cake eventually!). If budget allows, we'd love to stay there sometime too.

Thanks again for the podcast! Can't wait until next week

p.s. 8 more days until DLR !!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Great show

NJDISNEYFAN is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Great Show as always. I LOVED the TTA conversation. That is one of my all time favorite attractions for so many reasons. Thanks for discussing it. Keep up the great work!!!
    Last edited by NJDISNEYFAN; 09-13-2007 at 02:56 PM.

pgowder is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the great segment on Wilderness Lodge. We are planning our daughters (3 year's old now) first trip. We had decided to stay at WL and now we are even more excited to stay there!

We are taking the grandparents also. So I sent them the show so they could understand our excitement about the lodge.

RedRoseVicar is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great Show! Lou, it will always be the WEDway people mover for me, too (and my family). When I went for the first time in a while in 1998, I kept looking for WEDway and finally decided to go on this TTA thing - then I realised it was WEDway. I still have to think for a second when I hear Tomorrowland Transit Authority and then translate it in my head as WEDway. Definitely one of the best rides in the Magic Kingdom. Though I disagree that it's not a thrill ride - there's always that one point where it speeds up and turns a corner and throws us to the other side of the car. Fantastic Ride.

Thanks for the segment on Wilderness Lodge - if I don't get to stay there, I will definitely take a trip out there to see what it's like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast