Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney podcast - #32 - September 16, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #32 for the week of September 16, 2007. Not a lot of Walt Disney World ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney podcast - #32 - September 16, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #32 for the week of September 16, 2007.

Not a lot of Walt Disney World News this week, but we have a lot of listeners who called in from the Magic Kingdom to give us their first-hand impressions of the Haunted Mansion, which opened up after a length refurbishment this week. We’ll also have some updated information about the Leave a Legacy tiles in Epcot, and just a couple of rumors in the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, as it's been a very quiet week on the news and rumors front.

Adam Roth, co-founder of the Celebration 25 event honoring Epcot’s 25th anniversary next month will join me as we reveal the schedule of events for the Sunday and Monday, and details about what else is taking place as we join Disney at this historic event. It's something that I will be attending and sponsoring, and am really excited about.

Jeff Pepper will join me as always continue with our Epcot Retrospective / DSI: Disney Scene Investigation series this time with a close look at one of World Showcase's original and still most beautiful pavilions, Japan.

And Jeff stays on a little while longer, as we are joined by Eric Hollister for the next in our Walt Disney World Half Marathon Challenge Contests. This week, Jeff provides the clues, and tests your inner Disney geek, and Eric will also announce the winner of the previous contest.

I have a ton of your voicemails to play this week, so be sure and stay tuned to the end of the show for those, and I'll also answer a few more of your emails, so sit back, relax enjoy this week’s episode of The WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums at DisneyWorldTrivia.com.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Another great show Lou! I loved hearing people's opinions of the HM rehab, it just makes me even more excited to see it for myself this December! Also, the way you ended this week's show with the Voices Of Liberty.....very moving....

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

NJDISNEYFAN is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I can't believe I have to wait 370 days until I see the HM refurb!!! Can't wait.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    One of the listener questions on this week's show was about improvisational comedy at WDW. Lou listed a few of them, but I think the two big ones he missed are Turtle Talk with Crush and the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Like the Streetmosphere and Adventurers Club characters, these shows all have scripts to follow, but the audience interaction and participation makes each show a bit more unique.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Good show dude!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Another great show, Lou! I'm really psyched to see the changes in HM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show this week lou loved the segment on the history of japan.

MMills3874 is offline A-Ticket holder

Candy Maker in Japan

I remember back in the 80's there was a different person making the candy sculptures in Japan. It was a man. Lou mentioned the current performer is a woman, and apprenticed with her grandfather i believe. Maybe it was him.

Anyone else remember this?

aph
    aph is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou. Love the DSI on the Japan Pavillion.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I loved the show. The DSI on Japan was very interesting. Thank you for not spoiling anything on the redone Haunted Mansion.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Okay, I have to tell ya, I laughed out loud when you and Jeff were discussing the White Castle in the Japan Pavillion and Jeff joked that it was popular because its hamburgers. Being from the Midwest and having a White Castle 10 minutes from my house, I not only "got" that joke, but it gave me a taste for those darn things!

Jeff, you are too funny sometimes!!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Glad you all liked the segment and the show. Japan was a lot of fun to cover and yes, I had to edit some of our hysterical laughter about the White Castle comment
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    Glad you all liked the segment and the show. Japan was a lot of fun to cover and yes, I had to edit some of our hysterical laughter about the White Castle comment
    One day, you are going to have to do a show or a Jeff Pepper segment, LIVE. For the most part, have it be completely unedited.

WDW Radio Live and Uncensored!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”