Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast - #33 - Sept. 23, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #33 for the week of September 23, 2007. There isn't a lot of Walt Disney ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast - #33 - Sept. 23, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #33 for the week of September 23, 2007.

There isn't a lot of Walt Disney World News this week, but we'll talk about the upcoming Epcot Rededication ceremony and what Disney has planned, as well as a new place to meet Captain Jack Sparrow, as well as some dining venue news.

Jeff Pepper will join me as we get ready to celebrate Epcot's 25th Anniversary and this week, instead of a detailed look at a single attraction or pavilion, we are going to look at some of Epcot's best - specifically "Epcot's 25 Best of the Best" showcasing some of the very best Epcot has (and had) to offer.

We'll look at another of Walt Disney World’s Hidden Treasures this week, which can also be found in Epcot. Gary Chambers from the MouseLounge podcast will come along for this fun freebie for kids and adults alike.

I still have a lot of your emails that I'll get to and will play more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax enjoy this week’s episode of The WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Great show, once again, Lou. My wife and I share the "best of" opinions from you and Jeff.

I strongly believe that Epcot is kid friendly. When we took our son down in early 05 - as a 6 year old - he loved Epcot the best. This was thanks to the Kidcot stations. He learned greetings from each language, and he really liked having his name written in Chinese on his fan. Future World keeps getting better for kids (though I wouldn't mind seeing the video game station replaced with more of their interactive exhibits).

While I also miss Horizons, I miss Goofy About Health in the Wonders of Life pavillion the most. Even so, I am sad to see any "dark ride" go away.

As I was listening, I was wishing for an India pavilion . . . mostly for the food, though! Glad that Jeff chimed in with that one.
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

mandalore15 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Listening to you and Jeff talk about Sea Base Alpha really took me back. For a 10-year old kid who was a huge sci-fi fan, going into Sea Base Alpha was like walking into a science fiction movie. I'm not sure that before or since has there been a Disney attraction that so completely immerses you in an experience. And when I was young, yes, I did believe that the hydrolaters were taking us somewhere, which completely blew my mind. When I actually figured out that they were little more than glorified doorways it really crushed me!
    Went to Epcot on Friday and saw Spaceship Earth for the first time in years without the wand. What a great sight. At times during the day I would just stop walking and look over at it, and tell my wife "That is how it's supposed to look!" She was a fan of the wand so she wasn't really amused...
    Great show as always. Keep those retrospectives coming!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We went so infrequently to the parks during the time of Horizons and Sea Base Alpha that I don't remember them well. I'm pretty sure I was fooled by the elevator. I don't think I knew about the water table of Florida when I was there for the first time. Another great show!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Another awesome show, especially the Best of the Best segment. Great job guys keep it up! Oh and I would have looooved to see a Mt. Fuji ride in World Showcase. I would also have loved to see the "CoP like" ride that was planned for Japan discussed in the previous show (cant remember the name of it unfortunately) I would have to say either Italy or France for the most beautiful architecture
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

chefconti@yahoo is offline A-Ticket holder
    I know the obvious answer is money and space, but I don't understand why WDW/WDI couldn't have kept "classic" attractions like Horizons, WoM, etc. and just have tucked newer attractions like TT and M:S into unique spaces or almost hehind other rides...essentially just pushing back the border of the park. As much as I love Epcot and the new attractions, it does seem somewhat detached from what it once was (or supposed to be) and it almost feels like patchwork now.

I guess what is done is done, but it would have been great to have the classics and new attractions all together.

ajcinbrla is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou:

Great show as always. I find that your show is always well put together. Your repore with Jeff has gotten much better. I find that Jeff's contributions are substantive. I also find that the tone of WDW Radio Show is positive, but you do provide constructive criticism.

I also like how your topics have substance. I listen to a few other podcasts and find that they are mostly rehashing the same old topics with the same criticism and no real meat.

As for Epcot, I would like to see a Pavilion for either Australia, Brazil or Greece. Australia speaks for itself. (I did notice the topic for WDW Today Episode 313 is Australia Pavilion. Perhaps they are trying to steal your ideas?) A Brazil Pavilion would add one from South America. A table service restaurant that was a Brazilian Steakhouse would be a huge hit, similar to Fogo de Chao. A Greece Pavilion has so many angles. I could imagine a table service restaurant with plate smashing every night and great live music.

Keep up the good work. You certainly make my commute more tolerable.

ajc
    Last edited by ajcinbrla; 09-25-2007 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Typo

wedrod is offline A-Ticket holder
    Why can't I get show 33 on itunes. I have not seen it this week.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just got done listening great show this week lou.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by wedrod View Post
    Why can't I get show 33 on itunes. I have not seen it this week.
    It should be there, I got it off iTunes earlier this week. Try again, and if it doesn't work, you can always get it through the WDW Radio Show website: Disney Podcast at WDW Radio - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

to the boards!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

SpaceRanger is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey great show as usual. I was wondering if you could tell me what were the names of the Epcot Background music you were playing. I've been trying to find one that you played specifically on your show. I'm sure you've been asked this before.. I can't seem to find it on the boards though?

Thanks!

WoL Fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Loved the "best of the best" segment and especially when you were talking about the music in the park.. I find my favorite attractions are those that have the best music. I remember first coming to love Epcot during my first visits in 93 & 94 when I heard the SSE music & just all of the great "area" music all around the park.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting a music CD at one of those kiosks where they used to sell park music. They really need to bring those back.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Glad you liked what I've been doing with Jeff and the other guests and segments for Epcot's 25th, etc. It been SO much fun to do and reminisce... just uploading this week's show now with a full recap of the events, and a few VERY special exclusive interviews and sound bites. Hope you enjoy it!

P.S. Umm... it's a "bit" long this week... sorry... we "gushed" about Epcot.. (I'll never hear the end of this )
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42