Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Podcast Opening Audio Snippets in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Mongello everyone! I assume that I am not the only listener that replays the podcast opening multiple times to see if I recognize the Disney audio snippets that Lou plays ...
    el strategista is offline A-Ticket holder

Cool Podcast Opening Audio Snippets

Mongello everyone!

I assume that I am not the only listener that replays the podcast opening multiple times to see if I recognize the Disney audio snippets that Lou plays for us as he is changing the radio dial to tune, and successfully lock, into the W D W Radio Information Station jingle.

Sometimes I recognize them all, but more often than not, I keep guessing until I can do some Google searching.

How many other listeners enjoy this "plussing" of the podcast taken on each week by our host? I have done audio and video editing and realize just how much time and effort must go into this each week. I love how it always ties into the theme of the podcast, so when you listen to it again after the show, you get like a hidden mickey effect. I call it the "Hidden Audio." It sets the tone for the rest of the story.

Lou, thanks. One more reason that your show appeals to a varied audience. Keep up the great work because I'll always listen.
    mee-skamoo-skamickey mouse

hermionefan34 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I do, I love the audio at the beginning of the show, and like you said, it's cool when you hear a familiar part of a ride you love and you get goosebumps from hearing it.

Yup, well thats what I think!
    "The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations, and are beginning to materialize. They are assembling for a swinging wake, and will be expecting me. I will see you all a little later..."

Oh how I love the Haunted Mansion!

When I grow up, I'm gonna be an Imagineer!
    Ariel is my favorite princess!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates life for me!

Yay, I'm an E-ticket!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I love the opening to the WDW Radio Show, it's so ingenious. That alone must take a long time to compile. They should have a podcast award for the best opening to a podcast show, Lou would win hands down! Great job Lou
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Amen on the podcast award for best opening. I love listening to those snippets. I've never gone back and listened to them again after the show, but now I know what I'll be doing when I get to work this morning :-)
    Hypermommy

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'd love to see a WIki added to the podcast website. It would be an easy way to index the clips Lou puts together for each show.

The show opening is a big part of the fun; it is a very cool way to start off each podcast!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thanks everyone - that's a part of the show that is one of the longest to produce - from picking the appropriate music or tracks, finding them, editing, etc. Nice to know that you all enjoy them!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I don't know if Lou will read this, but if he does...

Hi Lou!

First off, you ROCK! Do you ever sleep?

I just wondered what program you use to do your audio editing. I love making movies (especially of my WDW trips!) and I use Windows Movie Maker to do it. I'd really like to learn to record my own audio and edit it. Your audio is always fantastic, so I thought I'd see what you use in conjunction with it.

Thanks so much!

Sarah (AKA Smack81)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Sarah

1. Hi Sarah!!
    2. No. I never sleep
    3. To edit, I use Adobe Audition, but there is a great (free) alternative to this called Audacity.
    4. Thanks for listening!!!

Lou Mongello

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Can you imagine what Lou would be like if he actually got to sleep.

He'd be sane!!!

Ooooooooohhhhhhh nnoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    Hypermommy

Sanity is SSsssssssssoooooooooooooooooooo overrated!
    Lou Mongello

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    I love the opening to the WDW Radio Show, it's so ingenious. That alone must take a long time to compile. They should have a podcast award for the best opening to a podcast show, Lou would win hands down! Great job Lou

I really enjoy the intro segments...I find myself trying to identify them. I usually get them though some stump me.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!

Thanks Lou!

Thanks so much Lou! I will definitely check Audacity out.

Also, thanks for answering my post! I didn't think you would have time to answer it (with everything else that you do), and I'm so excited that you did that I'm gonna be wired for a while!

Incidentally, I agree with you that sanity is totally overrated. If nothing else, being insane liberates you from convention!

Smack81
    Last edited by Smack81; 10-18-2007 at 12:17 AM.

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey Lou!,

I use Adobe Audition too, well an older version Cool Edit Pro, just thought that was pretty cool. Cant wait for show 37!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I really do enjoy the little "game" i play at the beginning trying to find what attractions those clips are from, but I REALLY do miss the little edited clips he/you used to put in (Let's Listen to the Lou we all know) LOL I got a kick out of them i would really like to see them on the show sometime again if it's possible

P.S. GREAT WORK ON THE SHOW THE BEST ONE I'VE HEARD ON THE INTERNET!!!!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

KimDWT is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I've been enjoying these more and more each week. Big thanks to you Lou for adding X-S Tech to last week's intro. I still miss that ride!

1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW Swaggervilla #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC

www.luxurytravelgirl.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast