Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #34 - Sept. 30, 2007 - Epcot 25 Special! in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #34 for the week of September 30, 2007. This is a very special edition of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #34 - Sept. 30, 2007 - Epcot 25 Special!

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #34 for the week of September 30, 2007.

This is a very special edition of the WDW Radio Show for a number of reasons. First, the content of this week's show will be a little different, as there won’t be any news or rumors this week, partially because I needed to record and produce this show early in the week, as I was leaving for Walt Disney World.

Which leads me to another reason why this week, and this show, is very special. As you know, October 1 marks the 25th anniversary of Epcot, and I am going down to participate in Celebration 25, the two-day event celebrating the occasion. But more importantly, I'm going down to be there for the official Disney rededication ceremony, as I believe this is an historic occasion that I felt I needed to witness.

And it is that rededication ceremony, and everything else that will take place that day, which leads me to my first segment, and very special guest. I am thrilled to be able to share with you my exclusive one-on-one interview with Jim MacPhee, Vice President of Epcot, and person who obviously has played an incredibly important part in the events, as well as recent changes to Epcot.

I will announce the winner of the last Walt Disney World Half Marathon Challenge and give you the clues for the next challenge, which of course, will be all about EPCOT Center.

In recent episodes of the show we took a very detailed look at the Journey Into Imagination pavilion and attraction, and former Disney Imagineer Steve Kirk joined me to talk at great lengths about two of his creations, and hosts of the pavilion - Dreamfinder and Figment. Many of you wrote and called in and let me know how much you enjoyed those segments, and how they brought back such fond memories, and in fact, they even sparked the imagination of Ron Schneider, the man who not only gave the Dreamfinder his voice in part of the attraction, but was the very first walk around character in EPCOT Center. He will join me to talk about his memories of Dreamfinder, share stories about his creation, share some secrets and so much more.

Of course, I'll have plenty of reports coming to you next week from the NFFC convention, rededication ceremony and Celebration 25, as well as many more of my regular segments, so sit back, relax enjoy this week's episode of The WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

Thumbs up Three Cheers!

Just wanted to give my heartfelt congratulations to a great podcast show this week!
    The interviews were exceptional, especially the one with Ron Schneider, the man behind the original Dreamfinder.
    It was a very touching, informative, revealing interview. I think it was the best interview I've ever heard Lou, or any other podcaster for that matter, do!
    Keep up the great job with the podcasts, especialy the interviews. They are very much appreciated!
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by dzneynut View Post
    Just wanted to give my heartfelt congratulations to a great podcast show this week!
    The interviews were exceptional, especially the one with Ron Schneider, the man behind the original Dreamfinder.
    It was a very touching, informative, revealing interview. I think it was the best interview I've ever heard Lou, or any other podcaster for that matter, do!
    Keep up the great job with the podcasts, especialy the interviews. They are very much appreciated!
    Well, after reading James' recommendation, I'll have to listen to this ASAP!

Downloading now...

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was just an on-again-off-again listener to the *old* Podcast until I made it deep enough into the episodes to hear the great interviews of people like Margaret Kerry and Kenra Trahan. There is something special about hearing those in-depth stories and perspectives.

Lou, you did it again with a terrific segment with Ron Schneider. I haven't been a big Dreamfinder fan over the years, but I have become more of one in recent months. Now, I have a truly high regard for the character and for the man who brought him to life for the first 5 years. I'm glad to hear that he is working with Disney again . . . maybe he can voice a return for Dreamfinder in the next pavilion enhancement!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Awesome show Lou, the Ron Schneider interview is right up there with the Michael Broggie one for my favorites
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Berdo is offline A-Ticket holder
    Man, Lou has some pull! Jim MacPhee and Ron Schneider on his show! That episode was awesome and brought back memories. Now if you can fully dissect Alien Encounter, I will be one happy listener.

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The Dreamfinder, Ron Scheider interview was so fun. I know I couldn't believe how fast time went by and the podcast was coming to an end. Mr. Schneider has an excellent memory and the small snippets he recalls were so amazing. The interview with Jim MacPhee was very impressive and he sounds like the perfect person to have involved in Celebration 25. He was actually there 25 years ago, in the parking lot, waiting to go to work. That's amazing!

What a fun show!

Thanks Lou!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

hermionefan34 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Wow, Lou. You outdid yourself this week!! I just finished listening and the interview with Ron Scheider was amazing!! I was so cool to hear him talk about all of his memories. Thanks Lou for an awesome podcast!
    "The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations, and are beginning to materialize. They are assembling for a swinging wake, and will be expecting me. I will see you all a little later..."

Oh how I love the Haunted Mansion!

When I grow up, I'm gonna be an Imagineer!
    Ariel is my favorite princess!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates life for me!

Yay, I'm an E-ticket!

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Another great show, Lou! The interview with Ron Schneider really brought back some memories.
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou, thanks for another great show! What a feather in your cap getting Mr. Epcot-VP on the show. Very interesting but expected answers from him. But the real coup this week was the interview with Ron Schneider. Wow! I was telling my DH about the interview and the only way I can describe Mr. Schneider is that he's a raconteur (sp?). It was so enjoyable to listen to his memories. I loved the story about the little boy that thought he'd seen Jesus!!! :-) Thanks again for another great show.
    Hypermommy

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Lou, great show this week. I wanted to see if I could post the YouTube video of Dreamfinder here. I didn't see it in the show notes:

YouTube - The Today Show with Dreamfinder and Figment Oct. 1982

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Lou,
    Great show! Not only getting an interview with the VP of Epcot, but landing an interview with Mr. Schneider as well. I had no idea that there were actually two voices in Dreamfinder. I don't recall ever getting a chance to meet Mr. Schneider as Dreamfinder, but I found it very interesting that although Dreamfinder and Figment were special characters to him, he has been very open to changes to the Imagination Pavilion. I did some searching for the Today Show Interview. Mr. Schneider was posed some interesting questions and he answered them VERY well.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Caspian is offline A-Ticket holder

Best interview I've heard

Thanks, Lou and Ron. That was my favorite interview I've heard yet. You were both having a lot of fun. I will listen to more if you can get him back on the show. :-)

Peace,

LD

mmouse6937 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Lou, that was a great show. Talking to the "actual" Dreamfinder brought back so many memories and made me remember how much I loved him and Figment. Thanks for all you do, it was wonderful!!!
    Sarah

76-84 Two Trips as a Child, '00 Best Western LBV, '01 Best Western LBV, '02 Polynesian (OUR DISNEYMOON!!), '03 CBR, '05 CBR, '06 DisneyLand, '07 POR, 09/08 CBR, 12/08 BC, 09/09 BW, 03/10 POP, 12/10 POP, 11/12 Dream Cruise 2.0

My babies: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

"Saving one animal will not change the world, but surely for that one animal the world will change forever"

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    Lou, this was an AMAZING show. The interview with Ron Schneider was awesome. The stories that he has are wonderful to listen to. I could have listened to a 3 hour show with him telling all. I was also interested in the Jim MacPhee interview. Yet another quality set of interviews from you. All I can say is thank you, and I can't wait to hear this weeks show.
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast