Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Lou's background music in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Especially in the recent 'casts about Celebration 25, Lou has been using a lot of the EPCOT pathway music. Where the heck do you get that stuff, because I've always ...
    vowell1055 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question Lou's background music

Especially in the recent 'casts about Celebration 25, Lou has been using a lot of the EPCOT pathway music. Where the heck do you get that stuff, because I've always loved that music, and the only one I can find is "EPCOT Entrance Music" (the one with the rapid violins and the snippets of Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round) in). But, in this last 'cast, there was track after track of great stuff in the background, some of which I had forgotten even existed. Are these available somewhere I'm not aware of? Well, apparently, but where?

And, for the record, I've been a major fan of Mike Jittlov for a long time. Really cool guy. Go find his movie, "The Wizard of Speed and Time." You won't regret it. If you can find it.

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I've wondered where to get that as well. I saw a Disneyland box set on Amazon that includes some of the ambient music. Also curious, Lou, did you have to get a license or permission to use that music or is it fair use when you're discussing the park?
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

IndyWDWFan is offline A-Ticket holder

downloads?

I know there was discussion in a previous episode, I want to say July or August, about a web site where you could download disney music from the parks and not just all the movie and animated feature stuff you can find on Itunes or Amazon.

Anyone have any ideas as to the name and or address of that site?

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I love the background music!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Not sure if this is the site you are talking about. I haven't really looked much at it so I don't know what it has to offer but I think I got the link on these forums...........MouseBits - Index I would love to know where I could get the music from the Wilderness Lodge loop. Anyone know?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    mousebits.com has almost everything that I've ever looked for. I know that they do have Wilderness Lodge loops, and the Epcot music I think you're talking about is probably Innoventions area loop, which is also on mousebits
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    mousebits.com has almost everything that I've ever looked for. I know that they do have Wilderness Lodge loops, and the Epcot music I think you're talking about is probably Innoventions area loop, which is also on mousebits
    Thanks Nick, I looked at the site last night again and I realized why I didn't sign up previously when I looked at the site, I didn't see any of the sounds clips they provided (sorry they may not be the right terminology). Anyway I also found another site Disney Theme Park Audio and Music :: Subsonic Radio :: User Information which looks a little easier to navigate. I'm still looking at it so I'm not really sure if it has what I'm looking for but it looks like it has alot. Nick do you know the difference between any of these sites? I know some of them want you to pay. Is that how they all work?

horizons is offline A-Ticket holder
    There is no fee to be a member of Mousebits. It's a torrent site so there is a two step process to download the audio or video content (detailed instructions are in the fourms). Subsonic Radio is just an internet radio station. I believe you have to pay money for "points" that you can use to purchase a track to play. You cannot download anything from the site.

Mousebits is the best thing on the internet, for downloading park audio / video. Any if you ever have a request, feel free to post it in the Mousebits fourms.

Quote Originally Posted by horizons View Post
    There is no fee to be a member of Mousebits. It's a torrent site so there is a two step process to download the audio or video content (detailed instructions are in the fourms). Subsonic Radio is just an internet radio station. I believe you have to pay money for "points" that you can use to purchase a track to play. You cannot download anything from the site.

Mousebits is the best thing on the internet, for downloading park audio / video. Any if you ever have a request, feel free to post it in the Mousebits fourms.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me horizons, I will check out mousebits again

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Hi GIOny and Horizons!

I find myself frequently looking for WDW audio files. I read your discussion and am very curious. I've never heard of Mousebits before. I've also never heard of a torrent. What kind of file is that? Are torrent files compatible with players like Windows Media Player?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Smack81 View Post
    Hi GIOny and Horizons!

I find myself frequently looking for WDW audio files. I read your discussion and am very curious. I've never heard of Mousebits before. I've also never heard of a torrent. What kind of file is that? Are torrent files compatible with players like Windows Media Player?

Thanks!
    Smack81, I will defer to Horizons to answer that since I am really not sure myself. When I have time I am going to take a day and go through both of those sites throughly.

vowell1055 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Smack81 View Post
    Hi GIOny and Horizons!

Thanks!
    A torrent file is like a pointer to another file that is hosted in various places across the Internet. You use a BitTorrent client to download it. The one I use is Azureus and you can find more information about it at Azureus : Java BitTorrent Client. Once you download the torrent file (file extension .torrent), you double-click it and that launches the client and puts the file the torrent file points to in your download queue. Now, torrent technology can be used for copyright infringement purposes and so forth, so I certainly don't condone that, but the files hosted on MouseBits are torrents, so something like Azureus will be necessary to download them. To clarify, the actual file itself is an mp3 or an avi or some other normal format. The file that starts the download ball rolling, as it were, is the .torrent file.

Hope that helps!

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Mousebits is amazing! not only is there park audio, but just about any Disney related TV special, and great ride throughs of extinct attractions. I personally love the disney resort torrent with music from the WL, GF, Dixie Landings(POR), and the greatest the polynesian. To those of you who don't understand torrent. Dont worry its easy. Read the how to on the mousebits dscussion board.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I know this has been said but, Mousebits is a great site. I have run out of space on my computer because of it!

vowell1055- Finally, a fellow Mississippian!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!

Thanks for the info on torrents!

Thanks for the information on torrents vowell! I can totally see why Mousebits would take up a lot of room on someone's computer. I think I'm going to have to go buy some more blank CDs. That's a good problem to have, though - too much WDW audio!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast