Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #35 - Oct. 7, 2007 - Epcot 25 Recap! in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Originally Posted by AKQJ10 Yes, Jeff and I really took time trying to convey what the day and events meant as a whole, and then there are some interviews and ...
    mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    Yes, Jeff and I really took time trying to convey what the day and events meant as a whole, and then there are some interviews and audio clips from some of the special guests and Disney Legends on hand, as well as fans, authors, podcasters and so many more Guests that found it important to be there.

OK, I'll admit it - I'm still so excited that I had the opportunity to sit with Marty Sklar and chat with him for a bit and get a brief interview for the show...

And I know this one is long, but i can't tell you how much I had to edit down and remove! So much going on and SO many wonderful people who were there!
    Never apologize for a long show, Lou. The longer the better! I absolutely look forward to your first five hour podcast. :-)

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou,

I would have been disappointed if the show was any shorter. Epcot 25th was a historic occasion that needed to be covered in depth and with all the passion and excitment the day brought. Thanks so much to you, Jeff and the rest of your guests for making those of us who could not be there feel apart of this historic day.

Please take care of yourself and get your health back. That's the most important thing.
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

bsikor is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou,

I have to confess, I listened to your show from time to time. I've never been a regular. I hadn't even registered on this site but after meeting you and speaking to you on the 1st, I am now a fan.

Thank you so much for the show about the anniversary. You and Jeff did a great job in capturing the true feeling of the day. I was one of the guys that you were describing that were in tears during the re-dedication ceremony during the water dedication. Teary eyed during the music montage at Marty Sklar's session. Goosebumps as I approached the park at 7am and heard the music. Amazed by the passion of Jim McPhee.

It was a truly amazing day that I will never forget. I agree with everything you said. Illuminations was breathtaking even though I have seen it hundreds of times before. It was like seeing it for the first time again. You could feel the love and harmony in the crowd.

And you hit on the head when you said nothing like this can ever be done again. It wont be the same with any other park. It is the feeling of community that you feel with Epcot that you feel with nothing else.

I made friends that day that I will cherish for a lifetime.

Thank you so much for a great show and I look forward to seeing you next time you visit the world. Look me up, I'm only 20 minutes away!

-Brian

Spaced Out Dude is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Holy Cow Lou!

How did you get the source audio of the IllumiNations end tag for the 25th!!??
    Aly & AJ's Insomniatic- Now Available at all stores & Amazon.com!!!!

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by djrmusic
    I would have been disappointed if the show was any shorter. Epcot 25th was a historic occasion that needed to be covered in depth and with all the passion and excitment the day brought. Thanks so much to you, Jeff and the rest of your guests for making those of us who could not be there feel apart of this historic day.
    I couldn't agree more with what djrmusic said.

I am only half way through the show this week, but it is BY FAR the best recap of the events of 10/01 I have heard. Kudos, Lou and Jeff!
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The longer the better! I loved the show. I'm always left longing for the next show when its over. This time the sad ending was prolonged. Once again, GREAT SHOW!

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Forgive me if I've missed this elsewhere, but . . . near the end of the cast, did Adam say "Soarin' Over Florida" was coming??
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

DVChris is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lets' face it: it was an event worthy of a 2 hour + podcast. Nice job. Never was I listening to "filler"! Lou, I hope you got the email I sent yesterday with some photos I thought you'd appreciate. If not, let me know, and I'll send them to a more appropriate account.

Thanks again!!!
    Last edited by DVChris; 10-12-2007 at 08:45 AM.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Did anyone else notice that during one of Lou's interviews, you could just make out the seaguls at The Seas squawking "MINE MINE!!"? Hahha. I laughed out loud when I realized what that was. :-)

Finally finished listening to the show today, Lou. Amazing. The way you described the events and proceedings, and the interviews were just outstanding. I would like to state here and now for the record that, come heck or high water, I *will* be in attendance at Epcot's 50th Anniversary. October 1, 2032. Be ready for it. :-)

disneymeister is offline A-Ticket holder

Epcot 25th

Lou, I think you did a great job covering the 25th. Our family vacation happened to coincide with the anniversary celebration and attending the rededication ceremony was by far the highlight of our trip! I relived it all when I came home to your wonderful recap of the event. We proudly wore our lanyards all day, but the dear children and ADRs were not conducive to the ride meets...but we hope to meet you after the 1/2 in Jan!

One thing that I wanted to note regarding the celebration. I am not sure if you noticed this as well, but I was AMAZED at how many "plain clothes" cast members we saw during the ceremony at epcot. I noticed many faces that we had met as ride operators at the parks on prior days or as waitstaff at a previous meal or performers in shows...this was the biggest testament to me regarding how much pride and respect the cast members have in the "world".

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12