Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #35 - Oct. 7, 2007 - Epcot 25 Recap! in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #35 for the week of October 7, 2007. I am back from WDW and what ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #35 - Oct. 7, 2007 - Epcot 25 Recap!

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #35 for the week of October 7, 2007.

I am back from WDW and what undoubtedly one of my most memorable experiences ever at the resort. The celebration of Epcot’s 25th Anniversary was even better than expected and this week, I'm going to share some of those experiences with you through a recap with Jeff Pepper, as well as through some exclusive, private interviews. Some of my very special guests include Disney Legends Marty Sklar, Dave Smith and Charles Ridgway, as well as Epcot’s Vice President Jim MacPhee, and Michael and Lowell, two of Disney’s official Ambassadors. Other guests will include a former Disney Imagineer who helped build EPCOT Center; Adam Roth and the other co-founders of the Celebration 25 fan event, Deb Wills, and a number of other authors, podcasters and fans who felt it was important to be present on this historic day. Each share their own personal insights and stories about working to help create Epcot, why it is important to them, as well as to so many of the people that felt they needed to be there to celebrate this event.

I will also cover some recent Walt Disney World News and visit the WDW Rumor Mill, as there are some interesting developments to speak about.

Due to the length of the show, I will unfortunately have to hold off on your emails and voicemails until next week. I know I have so many more to get to, and I promise to address them all on the show as quickly as possible. So sit back, relax enjoy this week’s episode of The WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Over 2 hours! Now it'll take me tomorrow and tuesday to finish it!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Wow going to have to down load it

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Yes, Jeff and I really took time trying to convey what the day and events meant as a whole, and then there are some interviews and audio clips from some of the special guests and Disney Legends on hand, as well as fans, authors, podcasters and so many more Guests that found it important to be there.

OK, I'll admit it - I'm still so excited that I had the opportunity to sit with Marty Sklar and chat with him for a bit and get a brief interview for the show...

And I know this one is long, but i can't tell you how much I had to edit down and remove! So much going on and SO many wonderful people who were there!
    Lou Mongello

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I'm really looking forward to listening to that interview. Best inteviews in the biz, Lou. Keep up the excellent work. Forget wdwtoday, Give Lou 2 hours and he really will give you the world! lol
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

And I guess I should apologize for how I sound on the show this week. I am fighting some minor health issues which are not only making me cough like crazy (tried to edit those out best I could), but some of my breathing issues make me sound... well.. not like myself, so for that I apologize.
    Lou Mongello

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Okay, Lou 2:20! Holy cats that's a record!! I can't wait to dive in! It's only taking me 10 minutes to download this puppy!

You know your buddies over there at WDW Today are going to be having a field day with that! Hey, maybe it's time to slow down a wee bit and relax. You've been go go go for a while now. You know what, I think you need a cruise to a nice sunny destination...

Thanks for all the hard work and I'm so glad you had the chance to sit down with so many notable people at Celebration 25.

Can't wait to listen in!
    Last edited by SamIAm717; 10-07-2007 at 10:13 PM.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Plenty of relaxation for lou on the cruise

Disneyana World is offline A-Ticket holder
    I can't wait for this one!

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Can't wait to listen to this one tonight! Lou, rest that voice!

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Wow this weeks show sounds really cool can't wait to listen to it.

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou really knows how to make me NUTS with these rumors!. In the rumor segment he talks about all the amazing changes coming to WDW and how the next several years will be an amazing time for WDW. He then says he will wait to explain them all in more specificity in a later show!

I'm chomping at the bit here. Lou, I will listen to your show, you don't need to throw out the teasers like that. The waiting is horrible!! It makes the whole Who Shot JR thing pale in comparison!

What changes, how cool is it going to be, what is it going to be???!!!

I am now ---->
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Awesome show Lou!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Even when preparations were in order for the re-dedication, I was wishing that I could attend. Hearing the report, listening to the download and then checking out You tube for video (were are there) has really made me feel as though I've missed a great event. Thanks for bringing the excitement and memories to those of us who couldn't attend.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Master Yoda is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    And I guess I should apologize for how I sound on the show this week. I am fighting some minor health issues which are not only making me cough like crazy (tried to edit those out best I could), but some of my breathing issues make me sound... well.. not like myself, so for that I apologize.
    Lou, you are like the 10 person that I have heard of coming back from C25 sick. Both my wife and youngest daughter were taken out for a couple of days with similar symptoms. Well I guess that is what happens when 1200 people from 30+ states and 6 countries all get together in one place.

This was hands down your best show yet and it was a pleasure meeting you.
    The truth about WDW…..From a certain point of view.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast