Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Spaceship Earth Refurb in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hey everyone! I heard this on another podcast, but none of the big guys have confirmed it as rumor. Anyway, this was from a college cast member who called into ...
    ksalase is offline B-Ticket Holder

Spaceship Earth Refurb

Hey everyone!

I heard this on another podcast, but none of the big guys have confirmed it as rumor. Anyway, this was from a college cast member who called into the Let's Talk About Disney podcast and that person said that the new Spaceship Earth was going to have a choose your own ending sequence during the ride. Has anyone else heard this? This person stated this rather confidently and since this person is in the company I guess it is true? Let me know what y'all think?

ksalase

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Not sure, but I think allearsnet.com has a report on that. Hope this helps. Plus if true I think this will be a awesome idea. This is one of my favorite rides and looking forward to see how Disney has improved this attraction.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I've heard that as well, I think that each car is going to have some sort of touch screen.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

oldschooledge is offline A-Ticket holder
    Has the opening of this really been pushed back to Feb? if so thats a huge bummer. I was really looking forward to catching the update at Mousefest.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    That is disappointing. I was hoping to see it in Dec. Oh well. Something to look forward to in June 2008!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

guidetothemagic is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy

Well sorry folks! Disney has it up officially now, Spaceship Earth will continue to be closed until February 18. I'm bummed too, I was really looking forward to seeing it at Mousefest this year! Oh well...but on the bright side it does sound like the wait will be worth it!!
    Tim Foster
    Author of the Walt Disney World Guide to the Magic for Kids,
    a guidebook, photo book, journal, sticker book and activity book all rolled into one!
    www.guidetothemagic.com

2277 is offline A-Ticket holder

Refurbs and Mousefest

When is Disney going to figure it out. Don't they realize that all refurbs etc need to be complete by Mousefest. These Disney communities are one of the best source of free publicity anywhere. Now all we get to do is be disappointed.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalase View Post
    I heard this on another podcast, but none of the big guys have confirmed it as rumor. Anyway, this was from a college cast member who called into the Let's Talk About Disney podcast and that person said that the new Spaceship Earth was going to have a choose your own ending sequence during the ride. Has anyone else heard this? This person stated this rather confidently and since this person is in the company I guess it is true? Let me know what y'all think?
    For the life of me, I don't know how this rumor got started. All Disney said was that the refurbed attraction would have a feature where you can envision yourself in the future. No where did their release ever say that guests would be able to choose their own adventure, or make use of anything like Horizons had. Yet somehow people saw this and immediately thought "It's gonna be like horizons!!!!". What I'm guessing is that during the ride, they'll take a picture of you, and then towards the end, you'll see your face superimposed into some futuristic scene.

By the way, just because someone is a cast member doesn't mean they're an authoritative source for Disney news and information. Especially the college program kids.

MickeyMaz is offline A-Ticket holder
    We just got back from WDW and I have an update as to these rumours. First it appears that the refurb is moving along. I talked to a cast memeber and a employee of Base21 the Siemens area underneath Spaceship earth. The dates have moved to Feb. but there might be soft openings in december going into Jan. The ride will let you choose your ending but much more. You will have a head shot taken at one point that will be used in a cartoon that is based on the interests you selected on the touch screen as you descend. That head shot will also be used as you get off the ride and enter the post-show. If you are familiar with the post-show, siemens has a very large globe in the center of the room. As you get off the ride you will be placed on a world map with your face marking the spot. The biggest thing I heard was that Patrick Stewart was not doing the narration it is going to be Dame Judy Denche(sp). They were to begin recording this week.
    The Maz Disney Blog: http://themazdisneyblog.blogspot.com/
    The "We're Going to WDW" Podcast: http://wgtwdw.podbean.com/

oldschooledge is offline A-Ticket holder
    Dame Judy Denche huh................ Not sure how I feel about that.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have to admit, I don't tend to put much stock in things the CMs say. Now I have the utmost respect for them. But I honestly think some of them just make stuff up to ***** with our heads. The current trend seems to be to "plus" attractions while maintaining the integrity of the original. This would be a BIG departure from that philosophy. Now, I'm not saying it won't happen...what I'm saying is, there are enough rumors floating around out there, that I'll just have to wait and be surprised on my birthday trip in Februaary