Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #35 - Oct. 21, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #37 for the week of October 21, 2007. This week's show is going to begin ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #35 - Oct. 21, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #37 for the week of October 21, 2007.

This week's show is going to begin as always with News from around Walt Disney World before we head on over to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, where there are a lot of very interesting and major rumors to discuss, including updates on Spaceship Earth, Space Mountain, Imagination, the FASTPASS system, two Future World pavilions, and rumored new attractions based on the Little Mermaid and Cars.

We take another trip aboard my Walt Disney World Wayback Machine, as Jeff and I explore another extinct attraction from the Magic Kingdom. This week, it's all about flying, because we explore the history, trivia, and complete journey aboard If You Had Wings. We'll also look at its replacements, including Delta’s Dreamflight and more. It’s a lot of fun and will likely bring back some old memories.

The next Walt Disney World Half Marathon Challenge contest starts this week, and the questions and clues are brought to you by Jonathan Dichter, who asks you to identify the Voices Behind the Magic. In addition to being able to win some great prizes, remember that this contest is to help raise money for the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team project to benefit the Make a Wish Foundation of America ™ to help send a seriously ill child to Walt Disney World.

As part of my continuing efforts to help you with your vacation planning, I'll show you how you can save money on tickets to Walt Disney World, as I pose many of your frequently asked questions to an official and authorized Walt Disney World discount ticket provider.

I'll have time for just a few of your emails before I play some voicemails at the end of the show, so as always, please sit back, relax enjoy this week's episode of The WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week to the WDW Radio Show Disney podcast!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    What an AWESOME Disney Scene Investigation this week, Guys!

I have the same memories about If You Had Wings. Thanks for hitting on so many of the ride features that I had long forgotten . . . starting with the Eastern Airline Pilot Wings they handed out (I'm sure I must have some of those in an old box somewhere . . .)

We always had to go to WDW during the worst times of the year, weather-wise, when I was growing up. If You Had Wings was always a welcome relief to the heat, since you could get on the ride easily and you had a nice blast of cool air while riding.

Also, thanks for verifying what I had long suspected . . . I know I saw those cliff divers before El Rio Del Tiempo, and I always thought it was from the old ride in the Magic Kingdom.

Am I the only one who has nostalgic feelings about the old, stark, sterile concrete Tomorrowland? Today's land is far superior, but that doesn't prevent me from remembering it fondly - if only for the feeling that it was wide open and less populated (since it was!).

Great show, once again, Lou.
    Last edited by T Morrows Child; 10-22-2007 at 10:31 AM. Reason: punctuation
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Great show Lou!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thanks guys!

Now is it me or am I the only who can't stop humming "If You Had Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings.... If Youuuuuuuuuuuu Had wiiiings.... Had wings... had wings... had wings....."
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I wish that I would have had the chance to ride If You Had Wings and Delta Dreamflight, sounds like they were great attractions.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    Thanks guys!

Now is it me or am I the only who can't stop humming "If You Had Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings.... If Youuuuuuuuuuuu Had wiiiings.... Had wings... had wings... had wings....."
    You know...I can defend the song "It's A Small World" but there's no defending "If You Had Wings"!!!!

Great Show guys...Now if I can only get that song out of my mind!
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    You know, I think Lou & Jeff just have entirely too much fun with these segments. The one thing I can count on with WDW Radio besides really interesting content is to hear a lot of laughter. It's a real mood brightener to listen in each week.

Thanks for another great show!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Imaginationeer is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    Thanks guys!

For some reason, i found the Dreamflight song catchier. Maybe it's just me.....
    Webmaster of WDW News Today at www.wdwnewstoday.com

sumcmusdir is offline A-Ticket holder
    I loved the jazz arrangement of "When You Wish Upon a Star" (trumpet/piano/drums). It was playing during the intro of this weeks Marathon Challenge. I would like to know the name of the artist and the recording it can be found on. Thanks for the help.

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by sumcmusdir View Post
    I loved the jazz arrangement of "When You Wish Upon a Star" (trumpet/piano/drums). It was playing during the intro of this weeks Marathon Challenge. I would like to know the name of the artist and the recording it can be found on. Thanks for the help.

Me too. I kept replaying that segment just to hear that song.
    Last edited by cp1999; 10-24-2007 at 01:00 PM.
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just got it downloaded gonna listen to it now.

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou!! As always, very informative, fun and enjoyable! Especially all the memories of "If You Had Wings".

Ahhhh... I remember that attraction well. And only had one bad experience on it.... My brother and I were kids riding it and the ride stopped right at the end, so we sat there and listened to "You *do* have wings. You *can* do all these things....." for 5-10 minutes. We were sooooo close to the exit, but not close enough to get off. To this day, part of that speil is burned into my brain. Only countless hours of therapy have helped me forget parts of it. On that day, my biggest complaint was... why couldn't we have stopped in one of the speed rooms?? That would have been so much cooler!!

Thanks for another great show and keep up the great work Lou!!
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

Officially escaped the Box on January 4, 2012!

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    This show was awsome! What great memories of If You Had Wings. This was my very first ride, on my very first visit to Walt Disney World in the summer of 72. I was 8 years old and I have been hooked on Disney ever since. So, "If you had wings" has a very special place in my heart! I loved all of the links that show photos and videos of the ride. Oh man, I know I have some old slides around of that ride! I gotta try to dig them out. I even made myself laugh as I was listening to your show (while training for the Disney marathon) and as you were playing the clip of the ending of the ride I was saying out loud "You do have wings, you can do all these things, we'll be your wings, Eastern The wings of man". If anyone had seen me, they would have thought I was talking to myself!

Iago33 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great Show! I remember "If You Had Wings" very fondly. To this day I can't get through the speed tunnel on Buzz Lightyear without thinking of the older versions. I think the "Wayback" segments are my favorite part of the show. And the DSI's. And the Rumor Mill. And the..... you get the idea!

KimDWT is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for this show Lou - I remembered this ride so vaguely and you guys really helped bring things back for me. I totally remember now that my 3rd trip to WDW was on Eastern Airlines (still miss it) and I also remember asking my mom if we could fly on them every time we traveled since they were "official" and all. (I was such a brat - a cute brat, but a brat). We're Jamaican and we thought it was great that our island was represented.

Keep the fabulous shows coming! They keep me company when I'm stuck on the Beltway! And they're much safer than being on the phone when behind the wheel.

1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW Swaggervilla #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC

www.luxurytravelgirl.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast