Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Your Spookiest Moments in Walt Disney World in the The WDW Radio Show forums; On this week's show, we look at the Top 10 Spookiest Moments in Walt Disney World What else do YOU think belongs on this list? What are some spooky things ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Your Spookiest Moments in Walt Disney World

On this week's show, we look at the

Top 10 Spookiest Moments in Walt Disney World

What else do YOU think belongs on this list? What are some spooky things that you like to do in and around the parks and resorts?

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I would like to walk through Pirates in the morning before it opens and before they say good morning Jerry ( can not remember if this is the right name). To see if the storys are true.
    Last edited by cp1999; 10-28-2007 at 02:19 PM.
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

guidetothemagic is offline A-Ticket holder

More Spookiness!

Hi Everyone!
    Well, this is my first posting in the forums and I wanted to tell everyone what I great time I had doing the Top 10 Spookiest Moments with Lou this week, it was sure a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what other spooky moments everyone else comes up with. One of my other favorite creepy moments is on Maelstrom. Even though the ride is a short one, the trolls are quite mischievious (and I love the opening ascent when the singe eye shines down upon you). My favorite moment on the ride is watching the expressions on the faces of first timers, who think we really ARE going to go backwards down the giant waterfall (OK, I admit, it fooled me the first time too). But then it's off to the land of the polar bears and all is well...
    So what other spooky moments can everyone come up with? I'm anxious to hear!!

Take care everyone!
    Tim Foster
    Author of the Walt Disney World Guide to the Magic for Kids,
    a guidebook, photo book, journal, sticker book and activity book all rolled into one!
    www.guidetothemagic.com

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The absolute scariest (at times almost terrifying) place in all of WDW is the actual door to your WDW resort room. It doesn't matter which resort you stay at either. It seems to happen on each and every trip I've ever taken to WDW. It's a mystery! Near the end of your trip, a nameless, faceless, person leaves this note on your door and it has these numbers on it and those numbers frighten me to no end. I dread "Invoice Day"!!

To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by cp1999 View Post
    I would like to walk through Pirates in the morning before it opens and before they say good morning Jerry ( can not remember if this is the right name). To see if the storys are true.
    His name is George, and he's not a morning person so I wouldn't say good morning to him if I were you. However, Good Night's work better. I've never encountered George before so I find it hard to believe if I haven't seen it, but am sure there is something going on in Pirates.

Another spooky thing I've heard (although I can't remember all the details on this story) but it was something along the lines of a skipper for Jungle Cruise that had passed on, and after the park closed, they sent an empty boat through the jungle and several skippers hid in the jungle as it was quiet, and they said that you can hear him spiel and sing throughout his cruise.

guidetothemagic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SamIAm717 View Post
    Near the end of your trip, a nameless, faceless, person leaves this note on your door and it has these numbers on it and those numbers frighten me to no end.

Hah! It reminds me of those cryptic pieces of paper you get in the restaurants too, I've seen them make grown men whimper!
    Regarding the Jungle Cruise skipper, now that IS creepy!! I wonder if he tells the "backside of water" joke every night??
    Tim Foster
    Author of the Walt Disney World Guide to the Magic for Kids,
    a guidebook, photo book, journal, sticker book and activity book all rolled into one!
    www.guidetothemagic.com

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    That would be horrifing!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    DD went on POC one evening and she was the only one in the boat. She said THAT was spooky. But I have to agree, invoice morning is quite frightening!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    His name is George, and he's not a morning person so I wouldn't say good morning to him if I were you. However, Good Night's work better. I've never encountered George before so I find it hard to believe if I haven't seen it, but am sure there is something going on in Pirates.

Yes George! Thanks Albino.
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    * The final moments of the Tower of Terror preshow, as you've been hearing Rod Sterling from the TV the whole time, then lightening flashes, the lights go out, and you hear him say "The Twighlight Zone" from above you instead.
    * Dinosaur when the pterodactyl flies straight at you
    * Universe of Energy when your theatre car starts moving forward if you weren't aware this was a ride instead of just a movie...
    * Virtual Pirates of the Carribean at DisneyQuest when the pirate captain skeleton flies all around you
    * Fantasmic when the smoke clears to reveal Malleficient transformed into the dragon
    * Wishes when the Villians take over and the whole castle is eery blue and green

ozzietropics is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Some of my moments:

Back in 2004, we were getting off the Great Movie Ride. We had no lines, as it was the end of the day. After that, we left the theatre to find it pouring rain outside, with lightning strikes every 30 seconds. We sat there for five minutes, then finally decided to make a run for it in the virtually empty DHS. Since we were staying at the Beach Club (Best hotel, by the way) the only logical and safe way to get back was the boat, which we found to our dismay full and still docked, with a huge line behind it. So then there's us and 15 other people standing underneath the open sky with rain coming down. Needless to say it wasn't that much funny at first, but now we look back on it and laugh.

Also, we were over at Tom Sawyer Island and looking for the elusive paintbrush. Although we didn't find it, we went in the caves, and found people jumping out at you and scaring you. This is June, mind you.

Also, we had some 'character encounters', with one member of our family nearly bowling over Mickey Mouse.

Another fun/scary memory was this June when we took the Jungle Cruise at night. Our skipper, Jenn, was amazing and she makes us laugh to this day. (Thanks, Jenn!)

vowell1055 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by cp1999 View Post
    Yes George! Thanks Albino.
    I think that's the first time I've seen those words put together in that order before.

I'll tell you this: Dinosaur is the creepiest ride to get stuck on. It's all quiet, but there's still ambient sound effects and you're not sure what you stopped just shy of. Nerve wracking fo sho. I've been stuck on HM, it's got nothing on Dinosaur. I don't think you CAN get stuck on ToT, but that one might outdo it depending on where. And I betcha the steps to get down are creepy, too.

Though one thing always creeps me out about that ride. A friend of mine used to be a bellhop at the ToT. You know that angular door that opens to let you into the drop tube or whatever? Yeah, there's a Big Red Button(TM) that slams those doors shut in case the drop apparatus isn't set and the car is otherwise going to plunge for real to the bottom. Thing is, it shuts with enough force that, apparently, it will chop through the car itself, should they hit it a tad late. That's what they told him, anyway, and I think about that every time I go through that thing. As Mr. Miyagi says, "Squish. Just like grape."

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Last year I decided to try and visit every one of the WDW Resorts in a single day using only Disney Transportation. Well, I did it. But...

Fort Wilderness was my last stop. I had taken the boat from Wilderness Lodge. I disembarked by the Trading Post and was walking towards Pioneer Hall. Now, I had no idea that the Headless Horseman made an appearance several times a night for the Haunted Hayride at Fort Wilderness. It was very dark out and out of nowhere, comes the Horseman galloping circles around me. I nearly wet my pants. By the time I realized what was going on and fumbled for my camera, he had galloped off towards the old River Country entrance.

Now that I look back on it, I realize it was a very cool experience. But, at the time, it scared the living bejeebers out of me!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Mine's pretty much sometihng that we all consider: My first time on the Haunted Mansion, when I was little the queue was scarier than the actual attraction!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
    Last year I decided to try and visit every one of the WDW Resorts in a single day using only Disney Transportation. Well, I did it. But...

Fort Wilderness was my last stop. I had taken the boat from Wilderness Lodge. I disembarked by the Trading Post and was walking towards Pioneer Hall. Now, I had no idea that the Headless Horseman made an appearance several times a night for the Haunted Hayride at Fort Wilderness. It was very dark out and out of nowhere, comes the Horseman galloping circles around me. I nearly wet my pants. By the time I realized what was going on and fumbled for my camera, he had galloped off towards the old River Country entrance.

Now that I look back on it, I realize it was a very cool experience. But, at the time, it scared the living bejeebers out of me!
    Oh they would have found me there the next morning still frozen in fear! That is truly extremely spooky.
    To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast