Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #38 - Oct. 28, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #38 for the week of October 28, 2007. We're going to have a lot of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #38 - Oct. 28, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #38 for the week of October 28, 2007.

We're going to have a lot of fun this week with some segments to help celebrate the Halloween season, all backed with some fun Disney sounds effects, audio clips and music.

First, well, the news from Walt Disney World may not be spooky, but we'll talk about Disney's efforts to help the victims of the Southern California wildfires, the new look coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios, and more. And maybe our trip to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill isn't all that scary, either, but there are some interesting developments to cover.

Things get a little creepier as Tim Foster and I take a fun-filled look at the Top 10 Spookiest Moments in Walt Disney World. And then, just when you thought Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party wouldn’t be scary, we look at a character connection to examine a man whose face is legendary… because it isn’t there - The Headless Horseman. Jeff and I look at his role in a Disney animated film, and both the film’s and his many connections to the Walt Disney World resort.

I’ll answer some of your emails that for the most part have NOTHING to do with Halloween, and play some of your voicemails as always at the end of the show. So as always, sit back, relax and enjoy this not-so-scary episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Great show Lou!!!

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    As always Lou another great show. Love the background music!
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    As much as I love Thurl Ravenscroft, I like Bing Crosby's version of the Headless Horseman song better.

Great job on the Top 10 Spooky Stuff, too. The first thing that popped into my mind was Injun Joe's Cave. It's truly a "hidden" treasure (as is that whole island, especially when you need a mid-day break for the kids and can't make it back to the resort!)

Another great show, Lou. Happy Halloween to everyone!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    Great show Lou, you always cheer up my week!!

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show this week lou. Loved the segment on the headless horsemen.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou, wanted to let you know that the Haunted Hayride has compeletly changed this year from the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, to “Vineland . . . Mystery, Magic or Myth?”

Here is a photo of one of the promotional signs near Pioneer Hall:

The Hayride route is completely different, as is the entire presentation.
    Here is how it goes. . . .
    First, tickets can now be purchased in advance by calling the Ft. Wilderness Kennel. This is a huge improvement over years past, where tickets could only be purchased on the day of. This meant if you couldn’t get to the Kennel by about 8 or 9 am, you would not be going on a hayride that night.
    As you can see on the sign photo above, there will be hayrides every night from the 25th through Halloween night.
    Here is what the tickets look like:

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    All the Headless Horseman Discussion . . . along with my step-son's costume this year . . . inspired me to carve him in our pumpkin this year!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!