Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #41- Nov. 18, 2007 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #41 for the week of November 18, 2007. Happy birthday, Mickey Mouse! (and my daughter, ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #41- Nov. 18, 2007

Welcome to the WDW Radio Show, your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is Show #41 for the week of November 18, 2007. Happy birthday, Mickey Mouse! (and my daughter, Princess Marion!)

News from Walt Disney World this week includes information about a new character meal that just opened, as well as a new Princess at the Disney-MGM Studios.

Speaking of dining, I’m joined by a listener who was able to experience the opening day of the Yak & Yeti Restaurant at Disney’s Animal Kingdom as we get a full, first-hand review of the venue, including discussions of the décor, story, menu, service, shopping and more.

Join me as we take another trip aboard my Walt Disney World Wayback Machine to 1982, where we look at an attraction that had the whole town cookin'. Prepare to start singing "Veggie Veggie, Fruit Fruit", as Jeff and I take a detailed look at The Land’s extinct attraction, Kitchen Kabaret.

We announce the winner of contest #9 of the Walt Disney World Marathon Challenge Contest, and Iron Mike Scopa joins Eric Hollister in presenting the next in this ongoing contest.

I have more emails to answer, including questions about the Cinderella Castle Suite, the WDW Marathon, spas at Walt Disney World, going alone, and how much it costs to build a theme park.

So as always, sit back, relax and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Be sure to view this week's complete show notes page.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Hey - I was just playing all the Kitchen Kabaret music this eve, while trying to do some serious work - Ha!

Thanx again, Lou!!

8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Lovin' the Kitchen Kabaret!

Hey Lou,

Thanks for the great podcast. My first visit to the Kitchen Kabaret was on my honeymoon in 1988 and it was a highlight! We sang the veggie-veggie-fruit-fruit song for the entire week. Back in the dark ages we couldn't download the music, so it's been awhile since I've heard the whole thing start to finish. Loved it (again)!

We just returned from Disneyland a few weeks ago, so we probably won't be going to WDW for awhile (unless the Powerball comes through ), but the Yak and Yeti sounds like a great place to try. We first visited DAK in August of 2004 and almost died from the heat, so we didn't really enjoy it much. Then when we went back last December it was a highlight... the place is beautiful (and much more fun when there's no sweat dripping into my eyes and off my sunglasses !!)

Thanks again -- I always look forward to walking my dog on Mondays and Tuesdays while listening to the latest WDW Radio Show!

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou! You always deliver a knockout show each week.

It was definitely fun to hear more about the Kitchen Kabaret. Unfortunately that was there before my time. But anyway, great show! Keep it up!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Many happy birthday wishes to Princess Marion and Mickey Mouse.

I haven't had a chance to download the show yet, but it sounds great! I can't wait to hear about Y&Y.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show as always !!!
    I enjoyed the Kitchen Kabaret segment. Before my time, but it sounded like some fun classic campy stuff.

Dave in Paramus

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Kitchen Kabaret was before my time, but sounded like it was a fun show. I can not wait to try the YAK & Yeti when I go down for my trip in January '08. As always great show and keep up the exceptional work.
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Yes, "campy" is definitely a good way to describe it!

And I'm SO looking forward to a Yak & Yeti "research trip" in January!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

QuickGold is offline B-Ticket Holder
    As much as it pains me to say it, I think you're wrong about the dentist. Well, I'm sure that is the dentist's name in the GMR montage but I think the listener email was referring to the Western Scene on the Great Movie Ride that has a poster advertising the services of a dentist named....Harvey Plum.

qsac17 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou,

We'll be doing our own research into the Yak and Yeti the first week of Jan. If you need more photos, let me know!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I tried and tried to bring back memories of Kitchen Cabaret. I finally when searching on youtube for videos. Even watching the video did not jog my memory. I've finally come to the conclusion that we did not see that attraction at any time. This weeks pod-cast certainly made it sound entertaining.

While viewing clips of the KC, I found clips on the Adventurers Club. Lou, can you review this at some point? I've never been, but it peaked my interest. I think I want to add that to my to-do list.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

BigT4187 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Another great show, Lou! Back in the day Kitchen Kabaret was one of my family's favorite attractions. We made it a point to see it on every trip. Fortunately I even have the show on DVD (transferred from a home video) to watch whenever I feel my fix. A few questions .... is it wrong that I knew most of the songs and sang along? Is it wrong that I have "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit" as a ringtone? I'm just asking.
    Last edited by BigT4187; 11-21-2007 at 11:15 AM.
    Tony in NJ
    DisFriends.com Username = bigt4187
    Lou Mongello is my Disney CMO!

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    For those who would like to see what Kitchen Kabaret looked like, there is an excellent 2 part video up on YouTube. Here are the links. Enjoy.

Part 1
    YouTube - Kitchen Kaberet (part one)

Part 2
    YouTube - Kitchen Kaberet (part two)
    Dave R
    DJRMusic